Tip.It Times Presents: Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!

Kiara_Kat

Wow this artical is very well written. I like this part alot

Jagex has come up with a wonderful way of preventing the two most common trading scams ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ substituting items and offering up less cash ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ by implementing the second trade window. Of course, people still get scammed because they don't take the time to check the second window, but that's not Jagex's fault. They've designed a system with adequate safeguards; those who ignore the safeguards do so at their own risk.

Jagex has our backs. :D

Very simple: they invite the buyer to come to the German server, betting on the fact that the buyer doesn't speak German and thus can't tell that he/she is getting a substandard substitute.
<.<

It's sad that people are already abusing the German servers. It's ment to be a great thing that could add to the game. -.- I really liked how you looked at the problem and came up with a solution.

While clearer item's in the trade menu would be great. POssible a "view" option. People should be smart enough to realize that if they can't read the items name and they are suspicious to just not trade. You can always get thye same item on an english server.

TY editor for the artical. :P

N_odie out!

Very interesting, tip.it times!

I totally agree with you n_odie. This is a sad thing. The view idea is very good, how about we have a 3d color version of the item turning around, much like when you look in a coffin in the gravedigger random event and see items spinning. Though i'm not sure that that would work for herbs and logs... But it would be better for swords (iron, mithril an rune when noted), bows (you don't want to get a regular one instead of yew)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great article, I'll know that not to trade on german servers from now on. Also, JaGeX does help it's players during scams, like the second trade window, and also, recently, they made the leaf bladed spear, a common scam item, untradeble. Some people complain that they should get their items back, but if they gave them back runescape would collapse, with people beging here and there for items they say they got "scammed" out of. I think they should do this: When you play runescape you select your langauge. When you are playiing, every word on the screen will appear in that langauge ( even if someone chatted in english, it would appear german if you chose the german langauge ). Jagex could set a translator, so people from other countries would be able to chat even in different languages. This would clear up scamming and whatnot. Now I don't know how hard it would be, I don't know the first thing about java scripting. Also, gradually, as new "words" come out in langauges that ( like if someone wrote "guten tag" as "gut3n t2g" on an english server, and it overcame the translator ), it would be updated to include that, like how they update the censor.

THis woudl defeat the purpose of German severs-to have a German community which consists soley of German speakers (so they may speak to everyone on their worlds in native language), not just as another world for less competeition at the mines or whatever.

I think a simpler answer is to make German worlds only accessible to people who have nndone a simple German test. If you try to log on to german sevres without the test it should say ' please take the test on page 'bla bla bla' to be able to use German servers' (but in German :P thats the first test)

And have basic questions like 'what is the capital of Germany' (in German)

This will stop the majority of people using the German servers for their own good and let the Germans have their servers back. Of course people may use translators but only the most determined people will bother. Thnis also means that most of the victims (and they won't use translators probably-they are fairly honest) of the scam canot access the German worlds so cannot be scammed.

Thnis solution eliminates the Scammers and the Victims from taking part in the German scam.

But as i mentioned in my other post the scam works the otehr way ruond too with Germans not knowing English. I think the English world must be universal anyway as less Germans are carrying out this scam the other way round anyway and communities who don't speak English can't be completely isolated.

PS Jagex wouldn't need RS for money if such a translator was possible. It would be worth billions. You can't translate normal chat let alone: d long, 50k start, no items, a/w 100k

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

These seem to be getting increasingly pointless.

Howabout something interesting for a change? Like we had when the first issue came out.

Also, you'd have to be pretty dumb to fall for that trick. It's dirty, I know, but anyone who stands to lose much would probably be smarter than to do something like that.

Thanks for looking out for all the 9 year olds though.

why would they be dumb?!? magic logs and willows look pretty much the same and in german(if you don't know it) it would be hard to tell.(that's an example)

Exactly, it's pretty dumb to trade when you don't know what you're trading. It's also stupid to not be suspicious when trading significant items to an English speaking guy on a German server.

Zarfay: If you're reading this, you're an idiot. If you read my last post, you would have seen I said exactly the opposite of "how good".