Tip.It Times Presents: Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!

Kiara_Kat

:idea: This idea just hit me in the head....wat if jagex did the following:add subtitles to all the new languages they plan to add....but,only one set of subtitles..which you chose....for example..I want to use English,in some sort of section of the main menu i select english for my account lets call my acc:example1 so watever world i go to no matter the language i can double click stuff to see english subtitles(obviously this wont work to read other peoples words) so no matter what example1 will always load the names of everything in english and will have subtitles =) do you think this is going to be combatible with rs?and will it be helpful? #-o :pray: :?:

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These seem to be getting increasingly pointless.

Howabout something interesting for a change? Like we had when the first issue came out.

Also, you'd have to be pretty dumb to fall for that trick. It's dirty, I know, but anyone who stands to lose much would probably be smarter than to do something like that.

Thanks for looking out for all the 9 year olds though.

why would they be dumb?!? magic logs and willows look pretty much the same and in german(if you don't know it) it would be hard to tell.(that's an example)

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

Good article. I have been scammed once, while merchanting. That's why I swore never to do it again. Thanks for the tips, but I knew all of them. You shouldn't have put the german thing up there, it gives scammers ideas. But, other than that, good article.

PS: When's the Andrew interview coming out?

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

Good article. I have been scammed once, while merchanting. That's why I swore never to do it again. Thanks for the tips, but I knew all of them. You shouldn't have put the german thing up there, it gives scammers ideas. But, other than that, good article.

theres gonna be an andrew interview? :ohnoes: :pray: :mrgreen:

Not a very interesting article for me, but you can't please all the people all the time, so I won't complain. It is good for new 'Scapers.

I'm hoping for a more interesting article next time. (NO offence at all, honestly ::' )

Thanks for existing, and I hope you didn't get me wrong!

~Warstarter2

mithmstrcape,Warstarter2.gif

Ok, as a forum mod ont he offical forums, I feel i should try and respond to this.

As the german servers are new this sadly did not take long to be developed. Greedy selfish people who cant help but upset other people, who take things to their own advantage.

The issue of the german scam has recently come to our attention, and we are trying to think of a good way to combat it. It's obviousally important (to me) not to "molly coddle" the forum users by banning the use of german world trades ont he english servers (and vise versa).

But I think it's important to encorage sensible trading from the forum users. It's a huge case where we need to get players to take responsiblity for their actions, we need to have "buyer beware". I would love to warn players of the dangers of the German worlds, without explaining the scam to others.

I personally disagree with how this artical has been written though, It seems to be having the primary action of giving wanna be scammers a new idea, and only secondly warning players. I feel sadly although I understand why this was made, it may have a negative effect

sig2webzx7.jpg

So the message of this article is what... be sinicle about the world around you? Funny... I thought that's how you should be anyway! I'm sorry but this wasn't one of your best articles, and I agree with the post made earlier about Uloveme's thread. All you are doing here is advertising a quick and easy way to making money... it's incredibly irresponsible of you!

Also:

...that as well as the easiest route to a spinning wheel, the town of Neitiznot has the closest furnace to a bank in all of RuneScape

Really? I've not done the quest, and my friend tells me the furnace there is a bit funny, but even closer than Port Phasmatys? I've looked on the map, and considering the location of the doors and entries into the buildings... I'm sorry Port Phasmatys is still closer.

All you are doing here is advertising a quick and easy way to making money... it's incredibly irresponsible of you!

I personally disagree with how this artical has been written though, It seems to be having the primary action of giving wanna be scammers a new idea, and only secondly warning players. I feel sadly although I understand why this was made, it may have a negative effect

man this will probably be hidden eventually lol

^ Let's be fair here though... if this kind of thread was on any other site than Tip.It, and if it had been made by anyone else other than the Editor, it would have been locked up in near enough 5 mins of its release.

And with respect, Tip.It, there's a bloody good reason why we have this rule!

Well well, someone finally said the one thing I was thinking about regarding the item trade scam: If you are irresponsible and do not double check the trade then it is ultimately, "YOUR FAULT!" Not to be mean or anything, but I occassionally read the RS forums and see many people complain about being scammed or I have people on my Friend's list complaining, "I got scammed!" Well, I question, "how?" Their reply uusually is, "I wasn't paying attention." Well, there you go. If you are not going to pay attention to the trade then you "deserve" to be scam. I know I seem heartless, but there is a reason why there are all those annoying screens in the "trading" window. It is not to make the game look fancy, but to prevent such scams.

On another note, I was grateful to see that the article did take it's time to "warn" us of a new method of scamming, which I was not aware of, but it does make sense, if you're a professional RS scammer. I guess the moral of this story, reiterated: "If you don't speak German, stay off the German servers!!!!"

~A lil mage goes a long way~

Tip.it Times wrote:

...that as well as the easiest route to a spinning wheel, the town of Neitiznot has the closest furnace to a bank in all of RuneScape

Really? I've not done the quest, and my friend tells me the furnace there is a bit funny, but even closer than Port Phasmatys? I've looked on the map, and considering the location of the doors and entries into the buildings... I'm sorry Port Phasmatys is still closer.

Off topic: People have counted the steps and it is proven that the new furnace is closer.

On topic: I thought that this article was well written. But you did manage to show wanna be scammers a trick or two. Other then that good job. =D>

prospektssigza4.jpg

Wow. :shock: I'll be more carefull now. Yeah, this is kinda giving scammers a new idea, but for every scammer it educates, how many innocent victims does it educate? I think it is worth it. Anyway, is Andrew really having an interview? That would be awesome. PM me if you have info.

Wow. :shock: I'll be more carefull now. Yeah, this is kinda giving scammers a new idea, but for every scammer it educates, how many innocent victims does it educate? I think it is worth it. Anyway, is Andrew really having an interview? That would be awesome. PM me if you have info.

The fact is... I think the people that are probably likely to be scammed won't actually have the patience to read the article, and thus be warned about the scam. I think it would actually attract more players to scamming than it would "innoculate" from the scam.

As for the post from that other Affliction member, I'll eat my hat then! :-k

does anyone know about that other scam?

scammer 1 pms you:hey do you have a d long (it can be anything im just saying d long since it is the most common) i can buy? i'll buy it for 300k im really desperate

scammer 2 pms you not a minute later:hey wannna buy d long for 200k?

of course most ppl who cant see what's wrong with this would jump at the chance to make 100k but for ppl who aren't sure the first scammer just tells you that you better hury up or he'll buy for someone else and of course the second scammer tells you that you better hurry up because he has to go soon or something like that and of course once you do buy the d long for 200k (that's way overpriced for anyone who doesn't know that) from the second scammer they either both log out or they just take you off their list and set it to friends

cloudfi3qq.jpg

jimjimson wrote:

-----

WHA-HUH?!?!

if there is going to be one can you ask him why jagex has a horrible tendency to take a good idea and shred it until its a bad idea (or at least bad enough so the low lvls/10 year olds wont complain)

cloudfi3qq.jpg

Love the title and the show. <3:

Before we finished every episode, yes every episode, besides season 2 volume 2 :( -.- :x <.< , my parents and I would watch an episode right before bed, god I love that show, Dr. Smith is an idiot though. :XD:

And there's of course the green alien "Dooctar (she would pronouce is like this: dewctar Smith) Smiiiith, Dooctar Smiiiith......" ROFL!

But, the artical was good too. And, also, that means the Editor must like that show too!

What items are the scammers tricking us with? I constantly use German worlds because of my German friends, and also practice, though I rarely trade. What items are they attempting to trick us with?

Rune scimmys -> mith scimmys? That's what popped into my head.