A thing or two about Ankous.. (updated 5/27)

Kuroi_Ame

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying , I think the 2nd (Think it's the 2nd) Safespot works best , as there are 3 places where you can safely range from , and 100% chance you won't be attacked if done correctly ... Here's a pic

ankou.jpg

The red circle shows where the Ankous Can't go unless randomly walking when they are not agressive . The yellow is where they can be ranged.

qp2xg4.jpg

My Ranging Guild Mini - Game Guide!

My Warrior's Guild - Melee and Mage XP (What?!) Guide!

Quest Cape Recieved On 2/2/07

Barrows Drops: Torags Helm, Guthans skirt x2, Karils skirt, Torags plate, Ahrims staff, Guthans helm

Just saying , I think teh 2nd (Think it's teh 2nd) Safespot works best , as there are 3 places where you can safely range from , and 100% chance you won't be attacked if done correctly ... Here's a pic

ankou.jpg

teh red circle shows where teh Ankous Can't go unless randomly walking when they are not agressive . teh yellow is where they can be ranged.

i tend to figth the lower lvld ones to save food (im always melling)

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Little note that Ankous can retreat when maged / ranged.

That usually only happens if you are attacking them when they wander into your range, but can't legally (according to script) walk in that area. If that happens, just stop ranging/maging them, or attack them, but they will not follow you into where you can safely range/mage them (if that made any sense at all, lol).

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Cassiius|Level 70 Night Elf Preist|Runetotem

Sambora|Level 37 Tauren Shaman|BurningLegion

• 1 month later...
F2P gets no deaths from Ankous, only Law runes.

Overall, great guide 9/10

~Ddaanniiellh

Are you 100% sure that free to play users get absolutely NO Death Runes? They're F2P items and they're F2P monsters in a F2P world..I'll double check your word tomorrow.

they really never drop them, i have never met a person down there that got deaths when i was f2p.

btw, you may want to mention that rings of wealth are NOT suggested. i spent 2 hours down there with one equiped and all i got was coins coins, coins. when i took it off i got 5 times as many runes as having it on. imo its definatly not worth it.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

~Ddaanniiellh

Are you 100% sure that free to play users get absolutely NO Death Runes? They're F2P items and they're F2P monsters in a F2P world..I'll double check your word tomorrow.

they really never drop them, i have never met a person down there that got deaths when i was f2p.

btw, you may want to mention that rings of wealth are NOT suggested. i spent 2 hours down there with one equiped and all i got was coins coins, coins. when i took it off i got 5 times as many runes as having it on. imo its definatly not worth it.

weird when i had my row of i got 250deaths and 241bloods (actual figures) in one trip next trip without it (forgot to equip :wall: ) i only got 150 deathsnd 100 bloods

~Ddaanniiellh

weird when i had my row of i got 250deaths and 241bloods (actual figures) in one trip next trip without it (forgot to equip :wall: ) i only got 150 deathsnd 100 bloods

He's talking about F2P..And, no, they don't drop death runes..I updated my guide so that it says that.

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

He's talking about F2P..And, no, they don't drop death runes..I updated my guide so that it says that.

i was refering to the coment about the ring of wealth i know there are no runes droped in f2p i was not disputing that fact

i was refering to the coment about the ring of wealth i know there are no runes droped in f2p i was not disputing that fact

Oh, I didn't read his entire post. I've never used the Ring of Wealth, but I'll put it in there as a suggestion.

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

~Ddaanniiellh

hmmmm, ill try to do some more research.. its worth looking into.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

nice, guide, 9/10. :D

In the F2P mage section you have an earth staff and and earth runes. Not being critical but might want to fix it.

Oops, fixed it, lol.

Thanks for the good comments, remember to tell me if there is anything that needs changing/fixing, always open to crits. O:)

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

A good, well constructed guide in general :) I personally only kill ankous while on slayer, but I really enjoy them. my setup is pretty similar to your guthans one, just that I bring d skirt for when I'm not healing, wealth (you never know when a half shield will pop up, I've seen someone get one from skeletons and another from banshees), no pots (my d b-axe is all I need, the accuracy and defence aren't missed, and dds is pretty useless when I can 2-hit them anyway), and of course I bring my ecto to get back to duradel, not a glory for edge. Minor differences anyway, and maybe someday I'll try dharok. By the way, quest cape FTW!!! \'

• 6 months later...
what happens when you're a mage and you get a random event and they become aggressive again when you get back?

You start over again, as if you were just arriving. If you need more food, go get soem more food.

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?