Who do you think is the best drummer ever?

To break down your argument - There's not thousands of notes on a guitar, there's seven, twelve if you count accidentals (sharps and flats). While I'm sure you knew this already, I thought I would be pedantic, because that seems like your style. There is, however, thousands of ways to arrange them, but this is true of all instruments, drums included.

this isn't the first thing he has been pedantic about on this forum...and Cathbert it is very annoying...sorry :oops:

Thats because you suck at science and I don't, I was only correcting you on that topic

no...because you are a pedantic person...

i told you my explanations...and i told you i was WELL aware before you even "informed me" of the 4 fundamental forces...but that still doesn't stop other things from being referred to as "a force". you just had to be pedantic about it and go "ahem...well technically...". i am well aware...

it was almost like saying "well orange isn't a true color because it is in fact cause by the make up of red and yellow"...really annoying. of course every other "force" reference is caused by one of the four...but that doesn't stop the reference of things as "forces"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't serious, either. That was a whimsical precursor to my second post, which explained it in more detail. Essentially, most people who think Joey Jordison is the best, don't know any other double-bass drummers. Or at least not well..

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

To break down your argument - There's not thousands of notes on a guitar, there's seven, twelve if you count accidentals (sharps and flats). While I'm sure you knew this already, I thought I would be pedantic, because that seems like your style. There is, however, thousands of ways to arrange them, but this is true of all instruments, drums included.

this isn't the first thing he has been pedantic about on this forum...and Cathbert it is very annoying...sorry :oops:

Thats because you suck at science and I don't, I was only correcting you on that topic

your a deadset idiot ive been playing drums for 2 years got a nice kit etc but that comment is just crap drums is one of the hardest instruments id like to you do a 9/8 beat with 32 notes on the hats if so post on youtube and well see whos and by the look of what your saying/typing i dont think youve even been near a drumkit love too see you play lateralus by tool.
By the look that I type? Erm.... ok. And btw, your paragraph there was a big run on sentence which leads me to believe that you are too young to be on these forums. And saying drums is one of the hardest instruments? :lol:

You're the first person I've met who corrects people on the true definition of a note, with the exception of my musical theory teacher.

Next, yes, you do need quick fingers for a playing guitar, amongst other things - In drumming, you need quick arms, hands, wrists, and feet. The technique is far too different to compare.
You're right about that, although imo, if you have good rhythm then it really isn't hard to be good at drums

Your a freaking mongoloid i swear to god your mentally challenge have good rhythm? do you even know what rhythm is?

Take a lot more than rhythm to go far with drums.

mr0solitaire.png

Currently playing... WoW - C:SS

Taking a huge break from rs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Nelaz

your a deadset idiot ive been playing drums for 2 years got a nice kit etc but that comment is just crap drums is one of the hardest instruments id like to you do a 9/8 beat with 32 notes on the hats if so post on youtube and well see whos and by the look of what your saying/typing i dont think youve even been near a drumkit love too see you play lateralus by tool.
By the look that I type? Erm.... ok. And btw, your paragraph there was a big run on sentence which leads me to believe that you are too young to be on these forums. And saying drums is one of the hardest instruments? :lol:

You're the first person I've met who corrects people on the true definition of a note, with the exception of my musical theory teacher.

Next, yes, you do need quick fingers for a playing guitar, amongst other things - In drumming, you need quick arms, hands, wrists, and feet. The technique is far too different to compare.
You're right about that, although imo, if you have good rhythm then it really isn't hard to be good at drums

Your a freaking mongoloid i swear to god your mentally challenge have good rhythm? do you even know what rhythm is?

Take a lot more than rhythm to go far with drums.

and by the look of what your typing i meant what you were typing oh the drumkit can only have up to 7 notes..... drum nontation does not uses notes thats like saying i can play a d on the snare

and dont beleive me that im a drummer? well look at my brand new gretsch catalina maple club with sabian aax cymbals and in my photobucket somewhere theres a picture of me playing about a year ago

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r115 ... oel001.jpg

that was about 2 hours after i got it its set up differently now.

woops dunno why the gray lines there buts its a genuine gretsch

mr0solitaire.png

Wally Gator Watson has always been one of my favorites.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Yes, in your opinion. Play something by Lamb of God or Tool on drums and I'll be impressed. From a guitarists perspective, thier drums are harder then thier guitars (apart from Ashes of the Wake. That song is INSANE on guitar [well, the lead section is]). I know what you're thinking though, I don't play drums so couldn't accurately compare them. True, but I know complex drumming when I hear it. Oh and rhythm is one thing, but the drums take a lot of coordination. Something that I personally don't have much of, which is why I play guitar. :P

• 2 weeks later...
OMG JOEY JORDISON IS THE BEST! SINCE HES THE ONLY PERSON THAT PLAYS DOUBLE BASS, AND ITS SO COMPLICATED, VARIED, AND HARD TO PULL OFF!

I have a double bass in my basement, am I famous?

You're an idiot. I created this thread and it's what you think you dumbnut.
No, you're an idiot

Drumming is a unique topic, many people judge drumming on the skill it takes to pull off a "drum beat" because they know so little about drumming. Drumming is probably one of the most basic instruments out there, most people can play pretty much anything after fooling around with it for a while.

ssshhhhh!!!! :shame: Now they will know....eek...we must hide... :ohnoes:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Just don't argue with me. Drumming is much less complicated compared to other instruments. I am talking about actual playing, not writing music. There are 7 pieces in an average drum set, that means only a very limited number of notes can even be played. Compare that to the thousands of notes you can play on a guitar, and you have to have quick fingers as well. I've been playing guitar for 13 years and drums for 4, after about a month of drums, I could play nearly every song

Haha, you're such an arrogant idiot it's untrue. If you think you could play nearly every song after four months of drumming then you've clearly never been near a drum kit in your life.

You attack everyone who makes any claims to anything, yet then go and make ridiculous claims yourself. I'm getting the impression that you got nothing, so you attack others and pretend to be someone.

But as i've told you before, if you can't be reasonable and add something of value to a thread clear off, and don't even try me with any smart-arse responses.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Just don't argue with me. Drumming is much less complicated compared to other instruments. I am talking about actual playing, not writing music. There are 7 pieces in an average drum set, that means only a very limited number of notes can even be played. Compare that to the thousands of notes you can play on a guitar, and you have to have quick fingers as well. I've been playing guitar for 13 years and drums for 4, after about a month of drums, I could play nearly every song

Haha, you're such an arrogant idiot it's untrue. If you think you could play nearly every song after four months of drumming then you've clearly never been near a drum kit in your life.

You attack everyone who makes any claims to anything, yet then go and make ridiculous claims yourself. I'm getting the impression that you got nothing, so you attack others and pretend to be someone.

But as i've told you before, if you can't be reasonable and add something of value to a thread clear off, and don't even try me with any smart-arse responses.

Gah, this goes back to the post about forces? I WAS RIGHT ABOUT IT. I was just correcting him. What if I made a post saying that the Queen of England was a man? it's an incorrect statement, just like that post. As someone who knows that she is not a man, is it not your duty to correct a less-intelligent person?

Warrior and I cleared this topic over a week ago and he was right. That is why I quit arguing, because he was right. Now you, a mod, comes on here starting a week old argument up again. You come on here and tell me that if I cant add something useful, then I can step off. Well guess what? I [bleep]ING STEPPED OFF OVER A WEEK AGO YOU INCOMPETENT RAT.

I request that this be locked. Assassin apparently isn't mature enough to let an argument just go

Gah, this goes back to the post about forces? I WAS RIGHT ABOUT IT. I was just correcting him. What if I made a post saying that the Queen of England was a man? it's an incorrect statement, just like that post. As someone who knows that she is not a man, is it not your duty to correct a less-intelligent person?

Warrior and I cleared this topic over a week ago and he was right. That is why I quit arguing, because he was right. Now you, a mod, comes on here starting a week old argument up again. You come on here and tell me that if I cant add something useful, then I can step off. Well guess what? I [bleep] STEPPED OFF OVER A WEEK AGO YOU INCOMPETENT RAT.

I request that this be locked. Assassin apparently isn't mature enough to let an argument just go

First off, I didn't deal with the reporting of this thread so it wasn't my call over whether or not it was locked. But since you're not the OP you can't request it being locked anyway.

Secondly, I think if you'd read what I said (for a change) you'd find that I didn't once mention that other topic which you seem so sensitive about, only in passing as reference to your previous behaviour. It's not so much that I dislike you picking holes in other people's arguments (annoying that it may be if you're single-mindedly persistent), it's the fact that you questioned whether or not magekillr was a student at all at VT and attacked him on that basis. You've done the same kind of thing here, I wasn't starting up a week old argument, I was having to tell you (again) to stop bringing the thread down in stupid argument.

Well guess what? I [bleep] STEPPED OFF OVER A WEEK AGO YOU INCOMPETENT RAT.

I'd watch your mouth if I were you, you're on thin ice boy.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Dude, calm down. This yelling and name calling isn't going to take you anywere.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

No, having a red fuzzy monster-thing as an avatar makes you an awesome person...

On-topic: I don't really know a lot about drummers, but Travis Barker (Blink182, +44, Boxcar Racer) is just great to look at, the way he plays the drums is awesome :)

getfirefoxmo6.gif

No, having a red fuzzy monster-thing as an avatar makes you an awesome person...

On-topic: I don't really know a lot about drummers, but Travis Barker (Blink182, +44, Boxcar Racer) is just great to look at, the way he plays the drums is awesome :)

Way to not recognize one of the most popular comic strips

Warrior and I cleared this topic over a week ago and he was right. That is why I quit arguing, because he was right. Now you, a mod, comes on here starting a week old argument up again. You come on here and tell me that if I cant add something useful, then I can step off. Well guess what? I [bleep] STEPPED OFF OVER A WEEK AGO YOU INCOMPETENT RAT.

Dude, we were arguing? What about? Heh, I must have a pretty ordinary memory. Either that or it wasn't that important. Overall I think you should take a back step as this is an internet forum and it dosen't mean anything. I can understand you wanting to promote the reduction of false posting but in the overall scheme of things, it's not really going to do much (I've learnt from a few threads on a particular topic that I've made which basically changed no ones opinions however wrong or ill informed they were/are).

Captain arse face? please what are you 8? $100 squire guitar? i assure you all the gear and equipment that i own was a lot more than $100 i worked hard for the money to buy these things oh and incubus sucks? what bands do you listen to then mr catbert? Your worse than those little kids out there screaming "OMFG JEOY JORDIOSOON AND TWAVIS BARWKER ARE LIEK TEH BEST CUSE DEY GO FAST!" just drop it dude your a failure drummer that talks [cabbage].

mr0solitaire.png

I thought it was Roger Waters that said "It's like saying give a man a Les Pau guitar and he becomes Eric Clapton". Stop bragging about your 'gear'.

21o4pav.jpg

Captain arse face? please what are you 8? $100 squire guitar? i assure you all the gear and equipment that i own was a lot more than $100 i worked hard for the money to buy these things oh and incubus sucks? what bands do you listen to then mr catbert? Your worse than those little kids out there screaming "[omg] JEOY JORDIOSOON AND TWAVIS BARWKER ARE LIEK TEH BEST CUSE DEY GO FAST!" just drop it dude your a failure drummer that talks [cabbage].
I've never heard of the first guy, so no? Incubus is like the Green Day of kids who think they are stoners.

Man, nobody really cares. And it doesn't matter either. Why don't you just drop the arguement and get on.

21o4pav.jpg

I thought it was Roger Waters that said "It's like saying give a man a Les Pau guitar and he becomes Eric Clapton". Stop bragging about your 'gear'.

i wasnt bragging i was proving a point that all 15 years are crappy guitar weilding emos. And if you think good gear doesnt matter you have got a lot to learn

mr0solitaire.png

Captain arse face? please what are you 8? $100 squire guitar? i assure you all the gear and equipment that i own was a lot more than $100 i worked hard for the money to buy these things oh and incubus sucks? what bands do you listen to then mr catbert? Your worse than those little kids out there screaming "[omg] JEOY JORDIOSOON AND TWAVIS BARWKER ARE LIEK TEH BEST CUSE DEY GO FAST!" just drop it dude your a failure drummer that talks [cabbage].
I've never heard of the first guy, so no? Incubus is like the Green Day of kids who think they are stoners.

Hmmm you really need to stop talking about things you know nothing about just leave youve made a complete [wagon] of yourself

mr0solitaire.png

I was originally just going to clean off the pointless arguments, but there's far too many flamy posts. I'd practically be cleaning off the entire thread. Locked for excessive flaming.. be thankful that I didn't take more serious action.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog