Who do you think is the best drummer ever?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only response you will get on here are drummers of peoples favorite bands, they know nothing about them or other drummers and just assume they are good

The bests are like

Neil Pert, very few people who know anything about him will disagree, he is the most acclaimed drummer of all time by music critics

Keith Moon

John Bonham

The only response you will get on here are drummers of peoples favorite bands, they know nothing about them or other drummers and just assume they are good

True, I know very few drummers...

My faves are Dave Grohl (various bands) and Lars Ulrich of Metallica

Harrington.gif

The bests are like

Neil Pert, very few people who know anything about him will disagree, he is the most acclaimed drummer of all time by music critics

Keith Moon

John Bonham

Who gives? This isn't a fact. It's WHAT YOU THINK.

Resize.jpg

First - Credit to Otbg . Second - Credit to 4be2jue

Dave Lombardo blew my mind on Testament's album 'the Gathering'. It was by far better than his work on Slayer. I've listened to that album literally hundreds of times and I still think that album is the best by Testament.

Tomas Haake from Meshuggah also ranks quite high on my list because of the complexity of his playing. He really is one-of-a-kind. I've never seen/heard anyone like him.

I'd also like to know if this guy counts as a drummer. I just like him because of the 'drumitar'.

Nodding DuckRange: 71/80|Strenght:70/70 |Currently starting at members|

Danny Carey & Mike Portnoy are my choices.

Portnoy is another very good drummer. I find it difficult to even consider anyone close to Carey though, even if they're not worlds apart technically. Carey just seems like so much more than a 'drummer'.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

The bests are like

Keith Moon

John Bonham

No, it is a fact.

I like Dave Grohl. He has played with many legends and been in 2 of my favourite bands (Foo Fighters and Nirvana). I liked the video for Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows when Dave goes crazy on the drums.

sig5235ro7.jpg

I don't know many drummers. Lars Ulrich is pretty good. I don't like Slipknot, but Joey Jordison is a very talented drummer.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

Vinnie Colaiuta, Terry Bozio, Chad Wackerman (could there be a pattern there? fanboy me) Danny Carey, Neil Pert. And I like that new guy from Death Cab as well. Jason McGerr is his name, if I am correct. Steve Gadd deserves a mention as well.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Phil Collins, Roger Taylor, Nick Mason, Keith Moon, Dave Grohl

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

The bests are like

Keith Moon

John Bonham

No, it is a fact.
You're an idiot. I created this thread and it's what you think you dumbnut.

Resize.jpg

First - Credit to Otbg . Second - Credit to 4be2jue

Classic, John Bohnam. Modern day, Joey Jordison. (He's the drummer to Slipknot, listen to his feet playing double bass.

And Neil Pert is really really close (my number 3).

=P~

(and no, slipknot is NOT one of my favorite bands. However, a select few of them are excellent musicians (just not playing the certain kind of music that could really put their potential to use :-X )

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!