Messages sent to you by Jagex are strictly confidential...

Jard_Y_Dooku

Messages sent to you by Jagex are strictly confidential and are intended only for the owner of the account to which they are sent. The contents of these messages must not be disclosed to any other person or copies taken.

Ah, this message. First of all, I'd better explain what I'm talking about. This message is seen at the bottom of any message in your official RuneScape inbox. Now... what does this really mean? Why is it here?

Let's begin - as you know, there have been plenty screenshots of things posted containing details about users' accounts. Now, of course Jagex didn't like this and added that message. But do they really care if we exchange information about game queries?

For example, I sent Jagex a message asking about the HP and slayer XP of skeletal wyverns. They told me it was 204. I HIGHLY doubt they mean it's illegal for me to tell you that information.

I think "the contents of these messages" means the entire message written exactly the same.

For example, I recently inquired to Jagex about the full names of Count Draynor and Wizard Traiborn. If I tell you the following information... yes, I may have obtained it from a message from Jagex... but I'm not actually showing you THE message. "The contents" usually means the message in its entirety, not as one would interpret it literally.

Anyways...

Count Victor Draynor used to be rich and happy and had a nice house. During the war long ago, his wife died and he became depressed, losing the will to live, following that his house became the haunted manor it is today. After that, Draynor became ill. No one knows what happened then, but a long time later, it was revealed he had become a vampire.

Wizard Frederic Traiborn doesn't like his first name and doesn't tell anyone what it is.

Now, I relayed that information to you in my own words. I didn't give you the "contents" of the message because contents isn't really defined, so we assume it means "message in entirety". To add to that, "OR COPIES TAKEN". Same thing. Copies taken... full message... in the same words. I also believe this was originally added because of users discussing messages containing details of their account. I highly doubt Jagex minds us sharing cool information about the game. After all, it's meant to be fun.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Jagex put that in their messages mainly because people were posting the sometimes idiotic responses they recieved to their appeals and questions, and got embarressed. ::'

i dont really care... there isnt even a copy right inserted... will they ban you for that?

unless, they say they will keep the messages forever (thats what they dont want), instead of 3 months, then i wont keep the copies...

mah, i still take copies and put it to imageshack

they do it... maybe because their response might contradict with other responses... different mod have difference replies and they dont want you to compare it... thats why!

i dont really care... there isnt even a copy right inserted... will they ban you for that?

unless, they say they will keep the messages forever (thats what they dont want), instead of 3 months, then i wont keep the copies...

mah, i still take copies and put it to imageshack

they do it... maybe because their response might contradict with other responses... different mod have difference replies and they dont want you to compare it... thats why!

Doesn't matter that it doesn't effect you. Jagex did it because rules they've made most fansite forums support, so in that sense their rule was effective because the mods here usually edit out those pictures of messages. The reason you mentioned, along with countless other examples are reasons why jagex put this message in, and whether or not you listen to it doesn't matter. Fansites do and that's where jagex is protecting their inconsistencies from being viewed at.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=583

Did you really have to bother CS for that?

He said it was an example and is that really anything to do with the topic?

On Topic: I think Jagex would be happy that you are passing information on, it saves them getting the same questions again. For example, when you ask the names, I doubt they want to get that question 59 times a year, if you told people the answer yourself, they probably wouldn#'t get 59 queries about Cont Draynor and Wizard Traiborn's first names.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Jagex put that in their messages mainly because people were posting the sometimes idiotic responses they recieved to their appeals and questions, and got embarressed. ::'

Course it was :lol: Jagex don't want people to see how silly some of their decision making is

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Doesn't matter that it doesn't effect you. Jagex did it because rules they've made most fansite forums support, so in that sense their rule was effective because the mods here usually edit out those pictures of messages. The reason you mentioned, along with countless other examples are reasons why jagex put this message in, and whether or not you listen to it doesn't matter. Fansites do and that's where jagex is protecting their inconsistencies from being viewed at.

i guess thats right, but jagex cant stop us from making a copy and store in our hard disk anyway...

so... it would be much difficult to give out proves to some matter like "does wealth of ring works in barrows"

oh, btw, does tip.it allow if we say it passively?

by this, i dont mean the style of the "count victor" example by Jard.

i mean instead of posting a screenshot but say something like

I got a message from jagex saying wealth of ring don't work in barrows 

:twisted:

2480+ total

i think they put that there so you don't take a screenshot of the message and put it on any forums, if :| its personal

Perfect example... if it's personal. I think that's really what they don't want you disclosing to others, but if it's just a game question they probably don't mind as long as you rewrite the answer in your own words.

The bottom line, I'm just trying to say that I really don't think Jagex will ban us for disclosing game details obtained from CS queries...

"You have been permanently banned for disclosing the story of how Count Draynor became a vampire." ...I just don't see that happening.

Off Topic: Oh, by the way, THE Count Drakan's first name is Lowerniel - Veliaf Hurtz says it in the Aid of the Myreque quest. Relatives of his (Drakan's) are Ranis and Vanescula, seen in Darkness of Hallowvale.

Maybe its because some of them don't know the difference between java and javascript. :)

Don't even get me started, but what's the difference between an object-oriented programming language and a scripting language got to do with anything?

Maybe its because some of them don't know the difference between java and javascript. :)

Don't even get me started, but what's the difference between an object-oriented programming language and a scripting language got to do with anything?

That one that answered me didn't know the difference.