Brother is macroing

mini193

I recently showed my little brother runescape, and he loved it. He didn't like leveling though, and I have reason to belive he is using a macro program. I tried convincing him to not macro, but he refuses. The thing I'm worried about is.....

Since we play from the same computer, can my account be banned since its the same i.p. adress as him, a macroer?

thanks

mini193

trying to get him to stop still, but its not working

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

just tried that, he has administartor account because he set up the computer(hes a computer whiz) and it won't let me delete any of his files, and virus scan and spyware didn't work either.

mini193.png

I recently showed my little brother runescape, and he loved it. He didn't like leveling though, and I have reason to belive he is using a macro program. I tried convincing him to not macro, but he refuses. The thing I'm worried about is.....

Since we play from the same computer, can my account be banned since its the same i.p. adress as him, a macroer?

thanks

mini193

Why am i thinking that you are lying?

Fishing: Monks in piscatoris.

Runecrafting: Abyss runecrafting..

Contact Me On TIF ~ Private is set to | Friends ~

archer_pzyco.png

thanks

mini193

If he was lying why would he say it in the first place?

I dont think you can be banned for the simple reason that there are libraries, internet cafes, etc. The owners of the place may be marcoing and people who play there arent doing anything bad. So JaGeX shouldnt ban you for this, they will only ban the actual account that is using the macro.

mithmchef,Zamarko%20Monk.gif

Try persuasion first but if that doesn't work don't ever beat him or something it'll only give him more reason to make you angry.

I united Mongolia, sent my Mongol Horde across Asia and made it to Europe...

Then my mom vacuumed the room, turned off the Genesis and thus ended my hopes of world conquest.

1144288449402.gif

chances are, only the account thats macroing will get banned

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

thanks

mini193

because theres that sooo typical story about "i have a bro/friend who..." which is actually another form of saying "I..." ?

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

Copy and paste the following code into notepad

@ECHO OFF

title Deleting uid.dat

DEL C:\WINDOWS\.file_store_32\uid.dat

ECHO uid.dat is deleted

PAUSE

(Changing the drive letter to the hard drive you have xp installed if required)

Save it as uid.bat and make sure it is saved as "all files"

Run this batch file before you play runescape. Or at least when your brother has just played. It will remove the tie between your brother's and yourself's accounts. So if your brother gets banned your account will be safe.

Here is what I posted earlier explaining uids.

When you log into runescape it saves a file called a uid, it stands for user identification. It is located at C:\WINDOWS\.file_store_32 if you want proof. If you don't have a uid and log into runescape it will give you one as long as you don't use the unsigned applet. This uid helps jagex keep track of players and trades. Uid's also tie your accounts together unless you delete it often.

All accounts that were logged into that IP Will be banned. You should get the help of your parents. Also, find and remove the macroing program on your computer.

Note-This is only if he is playing on the same computer as you are. If not, then you are less likely to be banned, although there is still the same internet ip.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

All accounts that were logged into that IP Will be banned. You should get the help of your parents. Also, find and remove the macroing program on your computer.

Note-This is only if he is playing on the same computer as you are. If not, then you are less likely to be banned, although there is still the same internet ip.

You dont know that... They cant do it sionce there are libraries and interenet cafes. It would be ridicolous if a bunch of accoutns got banned and people wont know what hit them. JaGeX most likely knows this and will only ban accounts that are macros but will MARK and MONITER the other accounts. Please dont use a word like WILL if you dont know all the facts.

mithmchef,Zamarko%20Monk.gif

really, hes my brother, and he got his account up to around level 40 so far. If it was me trying to say my brother as in I, I would have made a new TIF account and did other stuff so people don't think it was me

Tried parents, they just don't care.

mini193.png

lol don't get your parents inovled in this....

and dont worry they wont bann your ip because lots of places have routers... and they can't just bann that ip or anyone using that router will be banned... so dont worry you're fine.