I'm better than you!

Suox

I agree, I remember how much that sucked when I was a low level. So now I generally try to not do that, but it is a major problem, especially with very high levels.

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I am not having a go at high level players, well done to you for having good stats and all, but why talk down to someone as if theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re lower than you.

MOST of the lower level'd players tend to ask alot of stuff.

For instance, when I got my prayercape X-months ago I was almost instantly asked to do the emote when I got to edge ... So I did the emote.

5 minutes later I was asked again so I did again.

10 minutes later I was asked again ... I started ignoring the messages cause I knew i'd have to do it every 5 minutes and doing the emote 50+ times a day is a bit to often for my liking :)

Say what you want but when you get asked the same question over and over and you start disliking being asked the same all the time then you start thinking lower of those asking you the stuff.

And since MOSTly the lower level'd players ask the stuff ...

I like to help out players but I dont want to help out on the same thing over and over and over again.

And with all this pming me and asking me questions i have to say that i started ignoring lower levels.

And i'm in a clan with 110+ reqs and such so I basically only talk to those who are 110+ and well yea, when you only talk to 'higher levels' you basically start finding those lower levels who ask same stuff over and over obsolete.

:| And o yea me being lvl 126cmb can't really make a difference between high levels and low levels, for me 105- is rather low level'd and 120 are those who i meet the most but then again my clan has 24 126s so yea.

^^bleh lol i'm tired and i cant stop typing, even when it doesnt makes sense <3:

Don't wear the cape when you can't be bothered showing the emote? I always show it when i'm asked friendly, if they're like 'do cape emote', i'll just continue training like someone never said that.

You aren't allowed to wear the cape unless you are willing to do the emote every5 minutes?

Just take a look at my sig. I don't have the time to patiently stop and explain what my weapon is, that it's a nontradeable members item, and that I can't give it to you, I'm afraid. As such, I'm bombarded by people following me saying "'traed hammer' 'traed hamer' 'trade hammer noob' 'everyone report aneron he is a macro'". The only way for me to get any training done is to ignore them. Even if I were training a skill like cooking that didn't require constant clicking, I wouldn't reduce myself to talking to someone like that.

i was playing on my lvl 50 acc... got called noob alot for selling gold for 450 each etc... i sad i wasnt a noob and had 2 accs above 96 :roll: got called more noob, n33b, lier, etc... :wall: i logged off and showed my main and my second account... but they just say: thats your brother, friend, other...

why does everyone think that everyone only has 1 account? i have 20!!1

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I think you're being unfair when you say players look down to others because of the time they play more/less, meaning they can't evolve their skills. Just wanted to share my opinion on that, since I think it could be said, instead of the time you play, how long you have played for/player experience.

In direct answer to your thread: I think that it's not nice and spoils the game that high lvls obviously look down to lower lvls/less experienced players. I think it's normal, though it doesnt justify the act.

Yet, I think that in some cases (and not few of them) the lower lvls are the cause of this problem. With their continuous begging and asking questions. Personnaly I find this VERY annoying and frustrating, seeing as they have their life made way easier in comparison to what we, people who have been playing for 2 years or above, had to do to lvl their skills. We figured many things out for ourselves, didnt just persistantly ask for help.

So I think the problem has two sources. Both annoying noobs and arrogant high lvls.

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

The people who say "omg noob, only XX cooking, get lost" are just obssesed with rs. They seriously annoy me, heres an example when i was training cooking on F2P:

me: *cooking, wearing a black scimmy and santa hat*

random idiot: lmao ur sad..

me: why?

random idiot: cause you've got a santa and cant even afford rune scimmy, lmao noob

me: black scimmy looks better than rune -.-

random idiot:rofl sure.. cant afford one

Those kinds of people take RS too seriously, or are just obssesed.

When you say high lvls look down own lower lvls, that only applies to around 30 to 40% of them. In my case, i talk to anyone as long as they dont beg or ask stupid questions. Sometimes im just not in the mood to type so i dont, and some people might see that as rude.

But the only people i look down on are the "omg prayer noob/safing noob" types, scammers, ppl who autotype and annoying ppl who dont know when to quit.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

The people who say "omg noob, only XX cooking, get lost" are just obssesed with rs. They seriously annoy me, heres an example when i was training cooking on F2P:

me: *cooking, wearing a black scimmy and santa hat*

random idiot: lmao ur sad..

me: why?

random idiot: cause you've got a santa and cant even afford rune scimmy, lmao noob

me: black scimmy looks better than rune -.-

random idiot:rofl sure.. cant afford one

Those kinds of people take RS too seriously, or are just obssesed.

When you say high lvls look down own lower lvls, that only applies to around 30 to 40% of them. In my case, i talk to anyone as long as they dont beg or ask stupid questions. Sometimes im just not in the mood to type so i dont, and some people might see that as rude.

But the only people i look down on are the "omg prayer noob/safing noob" types, scammers, ppl who autotype and annoying ppl who dont know when to quit.

well that guy was an idiot, if youve got a santa that means ur rich, then he calls u poor, it amazes me how f2p ppl act...

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Bla bla bla bla I'm so mature look at me bla bla bla

That aside, I think that in a game of 12-year olds you shouldn't expect anything else. It's excactly the same in real life.

Lmao? You mean you often hear people saying like "F#CKING N00B I'M BETTER IN FOOTBALL THAN YOU S00KZ MY B00lz!!"?? Wewt.. I hardly ever see people calling others names because of their "skills" in real life.

Btw. I've seen you putting other people down with your comments, like you were a god of some kind.. You ain't that special yourself so stop acting like you're the owner of the World. Please?

Think again right?

u5zhkTY.gif

Everyone in the game should be treated how you would expect to be treated yourself.

Yea, I agree with you, firstly because your corect, and secondl ybecause thats my schools motto ;P

Itiessi.png

Returned to Runescape June 2011 after a 3 year break :)

i think the word 'Noob' and 'Newb' should be abolished. Everyone started at level three, so everone was once a Newb - yes that's alright, but noob is constantly being misused. To me and 'Noob' is a jerk that is just out to anger you or think too highly of themselves, they can be level 3 to 126, it doesn't matter, they all do it. I've been called a 'Noob' for talking to a level 60 while a i was fishing, is there something wrong with a 126 talking with another player that is that low?

And the definition of a 'Low' player, it doesn't make sense to me, in my opinion if your level 60+ you've got a pretty good grasp of the game and arn't exactly 'low' anymore. Sure you get a few of those jerks that beg/complain/bug you all the time, but you have to remember....We were all there once too.

I'm not sure if that made sense but it made me feel better? :-$

addympraycape,fire%20axe%20777.gif

33 Abyssal Whip Drops 8 Dragon Drops

Its generally the lower levels who act like they are better.

Scenario

A level 74 is killing Tzhaar-Kets, now he is eating alot of food, he has done over half the damage yet is still eating alot of food, I go and help him finish it off, he gets drop as he has done more damage yet as they can sometimes drop nothing I get called a noob and that I was stealing his exp. Hes bloody level 74, you can't train on Tzhaar-Kets at that level efficently enough.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

i think the word 'Noob' and 'Newb' should be abolished. Everyone started at level three, so everone was once a Newb - yes that's alright, but noob is constantly being misused. To me and 'Noob' is a jerk that is just out to anger you or think too highly of themselves, they can be level 3 to 126, it doesn't matter, they all do it. I've been called a 'Noob' for talking to a level 60 while a i was fishing, is there something wrong with a 126 talking with another player that is that low?

And the definition of a 'Low' player, it doesn't make sense to me, in my opinion if your level 60+ you've got a pretty good grasp of the game and arn't exactly 'low' anymore. Sure you get a few of those jerks that beg/complain/bug you all the time, but you have to remember....We were all there once too.

I'm not sure if that made sense but it made me feel better? :-$

I didn't start at level 3...

account sharing/trading??

lol

Nope... but i had 2 2 2 12 something combat stats in begin if i remember right, could be wrong though, also combat level formula was somewhat different, but i don't think my combat could have been that low as 3, even though it was different then, combat level has been updated since at least twice (if we don't count a bugfix)

account sharing/trading??

lol

Nope... but i had 2 2 2 12 something combat stats in begin if i remember right, could be wrong though, also combat level formula was somewhat different, but i don't think my combat could have been that low as 3, even though it was different then, combat level has been updated since at least twice (if we don't count a bugfix)

If i had included the wierd stuff from RSC most people would look at me stupidly and say "What Are You Going On About" :-#

addympraycape,fire%20axe%20777.gif

33 Abyssal Whip Drops 8 Dragon Drops