I'm better than you!

Suox

I try to be nice, but sometimes give up. For example...

Person: Umm, 119. Theiving lvl?

Me: 80

Person: Nice.

Me: Thx, you?

Person: Can you give me 100k so I can get sharks for DT

Me: ...

Person: plz

(follows me around)

Person: Plz can you plz

Etc.

Luckily this doesn't happen often, but when it does it's annoying as refusal or silence inevitably leads to resentment and insults.

in that situation i try to be as nice as possible... I usually tell them to go out and earn that 100k bc i don't give out anything for free.. Some actually do.

I'm a kinda respectable cbt lvl 116 i have respectable stats but i don't think i am better than anyone simply bc unless i am no 1 rank there is always someone better than i am.. The only person i joke around with sayin he's a noob is my brother who actually has started to train some noncombats so he can get a better total lvl.. When i am playin i try to talk to most people only if they aren't rude.. Like the other day i was bored so i decided to cut some yews and burn em.. I was talkin to everyone there even though none of em were even close to 100 cbt cause they were cool people and were easy to have a decent convo with

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my experience its low levels that seem pompous. not all of them obviously, but so many low levels have asked me for free stuff, and when i say no begin insulting me uncontrollably.

except for a few rare occasions, no high level has ever put me down, just low levs saying stuff like "i have no life", when im not even a relatively high level.

i cant remember who said it but the univeral rule of runescape is:

"anyone who is at a lower level then you is a noob, anyone at a higher level then you has no life"

siggity siggity shwa

What I've tended to notice as my cb level has increased is that you get pestered more the higher you get. Obviously this makes sense if you look at it logically. If you want to ask a question in game, whether it be advice, request to buy something etc you're going to ask the person who you feel is most likely to know the answer/have the item etc. The assumption being that the higher/highest combat level is the most likely.

Unfortunately, unlike the crowd here on tip.it, a lot of players in the game are rude or ungrateful or obnoxious, and frequently all three. Often what this leads to is stereotyping, whereby higher levels don't respond to lower levels as they have grown to expect these behaviour types. Lower levels therefore perceive higher levels to be arrogant or overly self-absorbed. Personally I will respond to any level player, higher or lower if they are polite, equally, I will ignore any level player if they are rude. I'm happy to say that my ignore list is a fantastic melting pot of players from lvl 3 to lvl 126 :D

Mordendravid.png

I think higher level players tend to be more respectful to each other. You know the amount of work that someone has put in to get where they are.

The cocky players tend to be around the 50-60(ish) levels, who have done some combat (but not enough to know the grinding effort required).

As a mid 90's cmb, I don't try to draw attention to myself and as a result don't get bothered much on F2P. My skilling outfit is just the basic garb for lightness - on P2P it was spotted cape and boots of lightness.

Some players act like celebrities, walking around in capes of achievement when it's not required, and then complaining when the paparrazzi (low level players) hound them for cash or emotes.

A new player needs a lot of help getting started, because Runescape seems so complicated. They go to the high lvls because to them combat is the only obvious sign of experience and know-how.

Low lvls outnumber high lvls by a ton, and even more in f2p. So a lot of times we'll get burnt out by so many questions, and we just sort of pretend the low lvl isn't there. I'm guilty of this myself sometimes. It doesn't solve anything, because they still don't know the answer to their question and they just move on to the next player, and the next, and so on.

I guess if nothing else, we high lvls should atleast direct our admirers to the knowledge base or something :roll:

Oh I wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t deny that I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t slightly flame other low levels from time to time, but this is mostly because they continually pester me, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m not a avid user of the ignore list, as I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t like that feature so I just set my chat to friends if I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t wish to talk to someone.

Most of the time I would say ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâoh go away your annoying meÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ or in extreme cases I would say ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâomg why do you insist on pestering me constantly, go and ask some other poor soulÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢

Suox.gif

99 Woodcutting goal: Complete! :D

(The title maybe slightly deceiving :P )

Hello and welcome to my thread, before we start off this conversational thread I would like to ask that you only post constructive comments and no remarks which may upset someone in any way, as I do not wish what this thread gets locked, or you get in trouble.

Now we all know how it feels donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t we, we always have to be better than each other at something, well, Runescape is a competitive game after all, what do you expect. But then there are others which take it to the next level, if having to insult someone because their skills are not as good as the other player. I myself know how it feels, my skills are not that great nor am I the best person at quests, but I do enjoy playing the game without being insulted because I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t play as much as them.

hmm i guess im a high lvl, i usually help out newbs but somtimes when n00bs ask stuopid stuff...like in cw omfg can i buy your armor? * fighter torso* im like non trable..there like how much??? then i ignone them..then they call me noob :?

Now, I am not having a go at high level players, well done to you for having good stats and all, but why talk down to someone as if theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re lower than you. Everyone in the game should be treated how you would expect to be treated yourself, if you are one of those people reading this now, think of how it would feel if someone or even you, were called names, because that person or you didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t play the game much, or donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have enough time in the day to play the game, as IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d said, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m into being competitive with others, and trying to beat my friend to a level 99 skill, but name calling Is just wrong in my books.

0mfg0rz.png

IM A RC PKER 4 LIFE

Good job at generalizing all high levels :roll:

Not all high-levels are snobs, not our fault you ran into the bad ones, there's always annoying people everywhere, just get past that fact and move on :|

Some players act like celebrities, walking around in capes of achievement when it's not required, and then complaining when the paparrazzi (low level players) hound them for cash or emotes.

1) When were achievement capes ever required?

2) We wear them to show off, that's pretty much their purpose :roll:

3) There's a difference between the admiring we like, and annoying little brats who beg at the sight of a skillcape <.<

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Maybe we're going about this the wrong way. Instead of looking at high or low level players being jerks, we should be considering the maturity level of the player.

We can have a very young player that's very mature and courteous to his/her fellow players and that's ideal. Then there are the young players who believe that because they are "children" and "online", they can behave however they wish because their parents are not there to remind them to say 'please' and 'thank you' and to not use profanity. There is also the "king of the castle" mentality that children can have in that they will not share anything with others and that they want to own the entire sandbox.

To put this into perspective, think of this as a school playground. There will be the name calling, the pushing contests, the fist fights, the bullying, just because one or more child wants to feel dominant over the other children in the yard. Don't let this childish behaviour hamper your game. Children will be children and hopefully this behaviour will pass as they get older. Then again, there's always the possibility that their behaviour takes a downward spiral and they become a delinquent.

Also, I'm not a child psychologist or any form of psychologist but that's my unprofessional opinion as an older player.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

I am generally really nice to lower levels, but some of them take advantage of that and hound you forever after, so I block them.

For instance, wanting you to trade high level potions for their low level potions.

And I don't know how many time someone I don't know has messaged me out of the blue, and within an half an hour they are asking me for free stuff or money, or they come on the next day going, omg I got hacked! Can you give me money?

I'm not poor, but I'm not super rich either, sorry, I don't work my butt off to hand my money to people I don't even know.

I have done stuff like made armor and weapons for low level player, and shown them the flax field, explained what to do to make money, etc, but if people just start begging, I block them.

This is not because I feel suprerior by the way. It's because I play for fun, and if you can't work and make your own way, then you shouldn't play.

As far as the way people treat each other, I find the rudeness and superiority kind of sad, the people who come on runescape and try to act better than everyone else, strike me as people who have low self esteem in real life. It's just a game. It's fun, but nothing you ever accomplish carries over in real life, it doesn't make you important.

Although people do develop a lot of persistance and patience through gameplay sometimes, and that IS something to be proud of.

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

:: Saradomin Girl :: 278/324 Quest Points :: Tip.It Blog ::

For the most part, I find that "mid-level" players (levels 40~70) seem to brag and be more condescending than the higher levels.

As for myself (I'm level 92 btw), I generally try to help lower level players as much as possible. I just don't give to beggars, believe anyone who says that they were hacked/scammed/etc., and/or travel "halfway" across Runescape to help someone. For example, this one time a lower level asked me to help him with the Dwarf Cannon quest while I was wcing in Edgeville and I had to refuse, but, a few days later, I took a guy to Oziach (sp?) because I was already in Edgeville (still cutting yews) and I needed to recharge prayer (for killing tree spirits) anyways.

My main concern about the lower leveled players is the fact that some (possibly a lot) of them expect high leveled players to drop what they're doing and help them even when said high level player is in the middle of doing something completely different.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

one of my friends has either 96 or 97 fletc and my brother has 85 fletch. my brother thinks it was harder for him to get the 85 fletch compared to my 82 mage, but the effort put into it doenst even begin to compare. i actually helped him by alching all of the yews he made so he wouldnt have to spend money on the nats. of couse i didnt pay for the nats either bc i got them when i was training for devious minds. another stat that takes considerabley more time to train would be slayer. i just got 65 slayer today and without a doubt it is the funnest and yet most boreing skill ever....now ive started to rant...

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

• 2 weeks later...

nobody should be talking down to everyone, we're all equal in society...ay leats thats how it should be...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I'm a nice high level, but if a low level adds me to their friends just because we talked I'll put them on ignore a lot of the time.

Also, even though I have the same skills as a 124, 125, 126 I still get a little intimidated fighting against them. :-s

Isn't this whole topic a rant? :P

I agree. Griefers ruin the experience for anyone.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Yeah, I agree you can't really go stereotyping people according to their levels. It's true that many times people get full of themselves when they feel that they are better in others in the game, but often times, there's more to the story than meets the eye. Whether it be the high level getting pestered constantly about Cape Emotes, repetitive questions (How do I do this), or just pure annoyance/stupidity, most people usually are quite friendly and don't spontaneously act like jerks just to be jerks.

Just ignore them I say. They're just arrogant players who (Ok people nothing against PC for high level training and I even use it myself sometimes so... No flaming pl0x? :ohnoes: ) have spent their entire Runescape career at the Void Knight Outpost.

Some people are just like that in any event. Runescape is obviously a competitive game just as JaGex has designed it. If you were to take out the competitivness these players would be, of course, extict. But in the course of doing this the game itself would have no point because almost everyone has a goal or are racing their friend to a certain stat, cash goal, etc.

I just say to ignore them and move on. And thank yourself you're not like them.

well done =D> , could not have said it better myself, i do feel sorry for the people who get told down, but really i feel more sorry for the people who are dishing it out, it's just a sad sight to see, you gotta leave it in the past and just keep doing your thing, thats what it's all about

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

i only look down on people who are constantly annoying, begging and being generally noobish

P.S dont look down on 12 year olds, im one of them

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

this is my favourite one:

Player X: Fletching level?

Me: Looks at cape, Umm.... 99

Player X: Cool

Player X: Add me?

Me: I guess... 0.0

To PMs

From Player X: Can you spare me 100k I got hacked :[

To Player X: no... I worked for my stuff, you can too

From Player X: But you are rich 100k is nothing to you

To Player X: the reason i'm rich is because i'm not a charity bank

From Player X: plz

*adds to ignore*

I give everyone a fair chance at being my equal, it's when they blow it like this then they get looked down on :) I look down on the snobby high levels too, particularily of the wannabe mod variety >.>

Mithdragonsig5.jpg

when i was f2p for 3 days on my main i looked down on the people following me asking for stuff and saying do wc emote when they clearly saw i was busy making fires a lvl 6 called me a noob because i wouldn't do emote even called a bot because i ignored everyone so based on this sometimes it can only be fair but i still feel sorrow or the guy who means no harm and i tell him to go away

skillsyough0.png

2dtv0.png

Now, I am not having a go at high level players, well done to you for having good stats and all, but why talk down to someone as if theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re lower than you. Everyone in the game should be treated how you would expect to be treated yourself, if you are one of those people reading this now, think of how it would feel if someone or even you, were called names, because that person or you didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t play the game much, or donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have enough time in the day to play the game.

Then how come your treated worse just because your better than them when you didn't even say anything in the first place? The golden rule doesn't really apply there now does it <.< :? .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

if any1 calls me a noob for being weak i just say there probably a weakling in real life and that i can punch them and knock them out. if that doesn't get me on their ignore every1 laughs at them anyway and they walk away embarrased and mad 8-)

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Yes.. I know what you meen. Apparently I'm a 40 yr old male living in my parent's basement just because I'm playing runescape on a sunday afternoon, when there's no job to go to, nor any classes to get to.

I think most of the bad element of RS comes from the morons(most of them) that heard of it from Miniclip, a children's online game website.

BAD miniclip.. I hope it goes offline :oops:

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

I don't talk down to anybody because of something game based. The only people I talk down are ones that are jerks.

Yea, same.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge