Repeat messaging

kerux

I've seen some players repeat the same message quickly several times...I know they're not typing that fast. What's the trick to repeating a message in the game without retyping it each time?

kerux

They are using a program that types for them. This is illegal to do in Runescape, dont do it or you might end up banned.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I see hundreds of those. Repeating a message as complicated as this: selling big bones. Please buy them fast! 350ea! and they reapeat it so fast it doesn't ever disappear, + they don't make any mistakes. :notalk:

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

It is a macro that runs the same script however many times you want it to, most merchants probably use one. Not all of them though, some are perfectly legit, they can just type at about 70-80 wpm like me >_>

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

I admit I used a auto-talker once at a rally, but I made it only say it every 10.1 seconds.

But then I realized its totally ilegal, I thought just spamming was ilegal (saying two sentences within 10 seconds).

ANYWAY, report them whenever you can. ::'

userbarunorbv1.png

PS3 is garbage compared to Xbox 360/Halo 3....deal with it

I must admit, i did use a autotalker <.< got me 2 black marks and a 3 day ban, so will never use it again!

~ColossuS~

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

I must admit, i did use a autotalker <.< got me 2 black marks and a 3 day ban, so will never use it again!

~ColossuS~

glad to see jagex is doing a good job

:thumbsup:

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with autotalkers other than the fact that they do spam a bit. After all, the main point of regular macros (that chop wood, fletch, mine, etc.) is to work while the user goes and does something else. However, the point of an autotalker is to retype the same message again and again in order to get a trade offer... which the player then has to click on his own. Then, the player has to offer the items, and calculate if the other person is offering the right amount of money... The player has to be by the computer in order to do this. All the autotaker is doing is sparing a bit of wrist stress.

As a matter of fact, I think Jagex should implement an autotalker of sorts into RS. However, to prevent spamming, the autotalker would only be able to type once every 10 seconds, or something like that.

And for those of you who are wondering, no, I don't use macros of any kind. I respect Jagex's rules of play. I just think this particular one should be tweaked slightly.

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

The trick to the auto talker is not having it repeat ever 2 or 4 seconds. I used to use one that goes at 15 second intervals, just so I could read text while trying to get trade offeres. It's a couple seconds slower than I can type long strings, but I never was reported and rune scape dosent seem to be able to setect them. I havent used them recently out of paranoia.

Most likely the person is using an autotyper.

Beware! Some people may just type fast, like me.

But some are just physically impossible, such as adding white, waving text, adding fancy borderlines, etc.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Most likely the person is using an autotyper.

Beware! Some people may just type fast, like me.

But some are just physically impossible, such as adding white, waving text, adding fancy borderlines, etc.

Yes, I see that a lot, as well as the same thing over and over again very quickly. It gets very annoying.

Break

BlueSig3.jpg

being able to copy and paste somehow would be nice, but yeah i agree auto talkers should be banned, bc its hard to find someone who is actually trying to say something in between the flashing, waving, glowing, shaking, repeating nonsense... lol

Alikyntog.gif

alikyntog.gif

Alikyntog.gif

I know I have a long way - and I am buying bones. Send my main a message - Alikyntog

Is is possible to type a message in Word or Wordpad, copy it, and paste it into RS?

Nope... That's why we say they should add it ;)