I need excuses!

Gin_and_Tonic

Ahh...

Long story short;

I just found out my girlfriend needs to give in her passport the day after we were meant to go on a Holiday with friends as she needs a Visa to get into Mongolia for when she treks the next month.

Apparently theres no way to post-pone the giving in date, but im going to talk to the organiser and try pull some strings...

Problem is, i need a GOOD EXCUSE! I mean, 'going on a drink-fest with mates to Spain', may not go down to well.

Any ideas? :?

^ Hehe, shame the Organiser is a 60 year old, divorced male... :|

A question also, in case anyone knows;

Is it possible to go and get the Visa for her myself?

I heard they needed to go into London to get them all... So if i had the right information, would that stop me getting it myself for her?

Homicide will solve your problems.

Yeah, we did think about 'accidently' hitting him with my Brother's car so he couldn't get there. :uhh:

You wont be able to get it for her, because they'll need identity proof.

Are you sure it needs to be in their possesion for more than just that day?

In my experience, it's as simple as getting all the paperwork done, and then picking the passport up later.

Best example being when I got a settlement visa for England. That was 3 hours between paperwork and passport return. There's a chance that if their policy says next day, then you might be able to put a rush on it. Or if worst came to it, just slip the guy at the desk a few quid, know what I mean? Nudge Nudge? Say no more?

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

Ahhh, that makes things a bit more complicated.

Like I said, you wont really be able to get her a visa yourself, because of identity theft, and people kinda frown upon people carrying other peoples passports in general, even if it's for a favour.

So you've tried rescheduling it.... Mind you, visa people are weird about scheduling stuff anyway.

You could always try the ill relative story, and say that the relative is in... spain, or whichever country you fancy. Thats always a good one, just don't make it too over the top.

Note: I'm really bad at lying, but I think I'm relatively good at giving other people advice about it (especially if it involves annoying government people being stupid). But yeah, I hope that helps.

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

Serious personal problems among family members - always works.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Just phone the people up and say that a close relative died and you and your girlfriend have to attend the funeral in spain as they wished to be buried there and could you by any chance allow extra days for the passport to be handed in, or something along those lines.

If you're going to another country in the EU do you NEED to use a passport or is a drivers license good enough ID?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you're going to another country in the EU do you NEED to use a passport or is a drivers license good enough ID?

I've heard of that, too. Gonna look it up..

If you are a UK citizen travelling anywhere outside the United Kingdom or Eire you will need your passport. Even if you travel within the European Union (where the free movement of people has been established under the Treaty of Maastricht), you will still need your passport. If you are from one of the other member countries of the European Union you can travel to member countries using your identity card instead of your passport.

Some countries of the European Union have signed the Shengen Agreement which has effectively removed all barriers between them. It is possible to travel from one country to another without any border controls at all. Passport and custom controls are used when you leave the Shengen Agreement area.

Although this sounds simple, the situation for UK citizens is slightly more complicated. Each member country of the EU has to say which of its citizens are accepted as European citizens. Because the UK has not approved some nationals as full European citizens, you need to be clear on your position travelling to Europe.

If you are a British Dependent Territories citizen, a British Overseas citizen, British National, British Subject or British Protected Person, then your position may be slightly different and you may need a visa for some EU countries.

There are no longer any frontier controls at the borders between 13 EU countries. This is thanks to the Schengen agreement which is part of EU law. The Schengen rules remove all internal border controls but put in place effective controls at the external borders of the EU and introduce a common visa policy. The full Schengen members are Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden (but not Ireland and the United Kingdom) plus Iceland and Norway (which are not EU members).

There you go then, we Brits always need a passport.

Simple answer: if going to any country within the Euro Zone you do not need a passport, but from the UK yes, because it is not within the Euro Zone.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

^Ah, i see now, thanks.

The organiser was talking to me about using an EU card to get into Spain, but then i rang the embassy and the phone line didn't exist. :uhh:

Well that answers his question on not needing a passport - We do.

Gonna be a long, boring weekend - I just hope my charisma comes into play. :anxious:

Not knowing the exact shedule this might be impossible, but have you tried arranging it so they hook her up with a visa before you leave for Spain?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif