Gumball 3000

Echofish

Today was the beginning of the Gumball 3000 '07 race. It's an international rally that usuallly passes through public roads, typically in Europe. The 2007 route is scheduled to travel from London to Istanbul, via Amsterdam, Munich, Venice, Dubrovnik, and Athens. The event started in Pall Mall in London.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumball_3000

http://www.gumball3000.com/

With 3 Bugatti Veyrons, an army tank and the cheapest car around being a Volkswagen Golf, it was a very fun event to be in. I couldn't stay long and left before the actual time they set-off for their journey.

I'll post pics as soon as my brother gets home with the camera. He caught Xzibit on camera too Everyone started chanting "p-i-m-p my ride!" :XD:

I forgot to mention that the entrance fee is a staggering ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã28,000 for first time racers. Another ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10,000 for each person who wants to tag along. All this includes flights, hotels, being on camera etc... :shock:

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

I'd love to do that, looks loads of fun!

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Ahh I saw that episode of jackass. Didn't think it had anything to do with gumball.

Those are some bad cars.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I remember watching a TV show were Steve O and the other cast from Jackass did Gumball. I don't remember where they started but they went through Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, to London.

How will they go to Venice? :-s

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I watched a video on it when they went from New York to LA a few years back. Basically some of the richest guys around actually drive their incredibly expensive cars (much respect) in the real world. It's a highly organized, long distance street race for the wealthy. Cops hate it (or love it if they need to meet a quota). It's on my to-do list, along with getting a few really nice cars to do it in.

peterstretchfn5.gif

I remember watching a TV show were Steve O and the other cast from [wagon] did Gumball. I don't remember where they started but they went through Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, to London.

How will they go to Venice? :-s

They'll have floaters on their wheels :mrgreen:

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...