Ok, they've taken it tooooo far...

Harrington

It doesn't take Mystic Meg to see that this is going to go way off topic...

Please continue your little debate via PM's people.

Whats off topic? The debate is interesting and relates to the topic. Quit trying to be a mod.

lope6jw0.jpg

Btw, about assimilation, you really cannot blame them. USA is the planet's meltpot, all cultures disapear in it, and replaced with the, excuse me, distateful american culture. I used to think the stereotypes about the american culture were exagerated, until I found out they were true. It's truly pathetic, I am ashamed for all americans who think highly of their own culture, they truly have seen nothing.

This threads not about the usa so take your antius [cabbage] somewhere else.

i think it has everything to do with the US - you try to say the US doesn't have a strong influence on the rest of the world, but its pretty clear the cause of said news is due to the tendency for people in the US to rate other cultures in comparison to their own.

Oh and aren't they holding some Britains as 'house guests?'

Where the hell do you live, Jupiter?!

Oh I watch too much of the Daily Show... I mean prisoners. The guys apparently "trespassed" onto Iranian waters. More like the Iranians beat them, gagged them, and took them as hostages.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Oh I watch too much of the Daily Show... I mean prisoners. The guys apparently "trespassed" onto Iranian waters. More like the Iranians beat them, gagged them, and took them as hostages.

They were released a while ago.

Pixeloaded.jpg

You're literally light years away, on so many levels.

Highlanders=Anti-American, and thus, stupid. :P

What a [not] surprising statement coming from an american.

I never had anything against the USA, I even wanted to live there as a kid, until I saw what the USA really was. My beliefs are based on proofs, not on blind judgements. Unlike a lot of ppl, I am not biaised. That statement was really, honestly, stupid. Your not even trying to make any argument with it, heh.

What are your beliefs. For me the american stereotype is a cloud for me. Im not exactly sure what it is, and I'm american myself. I dont know many (what i think the stereotype is). I dont know any of the fat, mcdonalds addicted, tv addicted, hardcore southern/ confederate republicans. But i really dont know what the stereotype is, so could you enlighten me.

happiehour.jpeg

They can do what they like because they are an Islamic country. Its sickening. At least Turkey are having protests for secularisation. Go Turkey!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

They can do what they like because they are an Islamic country. Its sickening. At least Turkey are having protests for secularisation. Go Turkey!

Amen to that. I saw pics on the news. Huge amount of people rallying together against it. That Attaturk (sp?) bloke was spot on, in my opinion. Separation of church and state and freedom of religion should be for everyone.

this is why we.. as proper human beings.. have the right to put all these backwards weird little countries in their place. If they cant accept that their way of doing things is just plain wrong then there is no helping them.

Seriously.. im fine with other religions but this is just taking the piss.

In fact, should we chose to invade, the citizenry should be grateful as we have brought through civilization to them at last!

Wow, that's so neo-colonialism it actually scares the [cabbage] out of me, while at the same time explaining why Iran might just not be too fond of "the west".

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

this is why we.. as proper human beings.. have the right to put all these backwards weird little countries in their place. If they cant accept that their way of doing things is just plain wrong then there is no helping them.

Seriously.. im fine with other religions but this is just taking the piss.

In fact, should we chose to invade, the citizenry should be grateful as we have brought through civilization to them at last!

Wow, that's so neo-colonialism it actually scares the [cabbage] out of me, while at the same time explaining why Iran might just not be too fond of "the west".

I'd have to agree with you. The idea that we are the 'proper' human beings and they all live in wierd little backwards countries is pretty silly. If I were them and someone said that I'm not a proper human being or basically insult my country of birth and thier customs (however wierd they may appear to anyone), I'd naturally resent that person.

Highlanders=Anti-American, and thus, stupid. :P

Oh, Iran, what will you do next?

That would make most of the world "stupid" you shouldn't be wondering why so many people are Anti-American with attitudes like that. (and before you start.. I'm anti-Bush.. not anti-american)

Um.. they came back smiling and laughing, holding goodie bags given to them by their Iranian captors. Continuum... crawl out from that rock you live under before making any more stupid remarks

reddragon.jpg

MSSW3-Banner.gif

Um.. they came back smiling and laughing, holding goodie bags given to them by their Iranian captors.
Yeah cus if id been held prisoner in a foreign country id be really depressed and upset when they let me go. If you bothered to read the statements made by the seamen after their release you would have known that their time in Iran was all happy and fluffy afterall.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Their so indoctrinated the majority of the population wants this, but don't blame them. They can't help it.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

It's a blatent breach of human rights! The President of Iran is a nutcase, a good assasin can sort him out...
Interesting how you accuse him of breaching human rights but then suggest assassination? Don't you think its a human right to a fair trial?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

It's a blatent breach of human rights! The President of Iran is a nutcase, a good assasin can sort him out...
Interesting how you accuse him of breaching human rights but then suggest assassination? Don't you think its a human right to a fair trial?

Sure, let's give him a fair trial. Then we'll assassinate him.

Pixeloaded.jpg

It doesn't take Mystic Meg to see that this is going to go way off topic...

Please continue your little debate via PM's people.

Whats off topic? The debate is interesting and relates to the topic. Quit trying to be a mod.

So flaming somebody isn't off topic? Although I disagree with what Highlanders posted about America, I just dont want to read a hundred personal attack in response to it. I find the topic interesting but I don't want to see flaming, and I'm sure others don't either.

Also next time don't try to chastise me. I'm not a mod & I don't want to be, I just don't like to see rubbish messing up what could be an interesting discussion.

If you want to reply to this PM because now we are going off topic.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Idiots. I don't liek Iran's approach to "problems". It just makes people hate them more; and in turn, hate the Islamic world (even those who do not reside in the Middle East) more.

Plus, it sucks for the Iranians.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!