The monster ring, A new ring for both F2P and P2P! On RSOF

Manato0

The RSOF Topic's quick find code, please add your support there too, if you can: 24-25-365-43386622

The monster ring is a new ring that just randomly popped into my mind that lets you turn into attackable NPCs! In order to obtain/use one, you need to complete a somewhat simple quest. This ring is for both F2P and P2P.

Its effect, similar to a ring of stone or a ring of egg, transforms your character into the attackable NPC your ring (the data for the monster you transform into is stored on your character file) is bound to. To bind it, you must find one of the monsters you wish to change into, and use the ring on the monster any time before it hits 1 HP. After that, you will get the messege "Your monster ring has targetted this monster to bind itself to. Please weaken it down to 1 HP in order to finish the binding."

Once that messege appears, you must then weaken down the monster. Don't worry, once the use the ring on the monster, no one else can attack it, and you can't kill it, only leave it at 1 HP. Once it hits 1 HP, you must then use the ring on the monster again, and your character will raise the ring into the air, which then creates a gold beam that sucks the soul out of the monster of your choice. Congratulations, you have now bound a monster ring!

Now the once the ring is bound, its info will change from

Monster ring

Wear

Use

Destroy

Examine

to

Monster ring (B)

Wear

Use

Clear

Destroy

Examine

The option Clear unbinds the ring so you can bind it to another monster. Note that you MAY NOT fight, or raise skills, while transformed. You can trade and do other things, however.

The quest is:

Binding the ring

Requirments: Ability to kill 3 level 90 monsters, one with melee, one with range, and one with magic.

Items: You may not have any items with you when doing the quest, all items (including bow and arrows, runes, and melee weapon) are supplied.

Guide: To start the quest, speak with wizard Trailborn up in the wizard's tower, and he will tell you three thingamywuts (is that how goes) stole his two rings that lets him transform into the thingamywuts that can attack. He will supply you with "a stringy thing that fires shard pointy thingies" (bow and arrows), "a sharp thing that hurts when touched on the pretty part" (sword), and "magic round thingies that make pretty things happen" (runes for your best offensive magic spell), which he will take back after you get his two rings.

He will then teleport you to a dungeon underneath Falador, which is where the "thingamywuts" stay. You will find the first one right at the entrance, kill it with your sword, and take the two mysterious gems it drops, which your character will then say "those beasts broke Trailborn's ring!" which you are then jumped by another one. You must kill it with ranged, and it drops two top halves of the rings. The final one is a little bit ahead, which you must kill with mage. It will drop the bottom half of the rings, and you will be teleported back to Trailborn.

He will then put them back together, and give one to you, along with a "how to use manual." Congratulations, quest complete!

That's my long-winded explanation.

[hide=Supporter list]Supporter list:

1. Recksash

2. Junka666

3. unkn0wnwarrior

4. Abyssalwhip

5. Theoknight2

6. Moonlapsed

7. Gehackte

8. ember3579

9. NJE03

10. Bonzaiboy

11. guyx5000

12. Brenman94

13. Maleficus1055

14. acenator

15. Elessar3019

16. jb6909

20.[/hide]

Thanks for the support, I'll post this on the RSOF! Remember, say "support" in your post if you support, to avoid confusion :D

...............___@@@ ___-----weeewoooweeewoooo

......____//_____?___\\__ ___

----,o-----GrammarPolice ----@)

----`----(@)=========(@)- `

Skiller: Maurdin, Black(omgracist) pure: Alotofnoobs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm, first response!

I support, it'd be a great gag =)

look, I'm a lvl 87 goblin \'

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

Nice Idea, Maybe try and make the quest a little longer.

I support!

The quest is supposed to be short ;) it's so that you don't have to wait for a while to use an item that's just meant to be a bit silly.

Thanks for the support, you two!

Someone's been playing too much pokemon... Anyway I support but 1hp is a little strict, maybe 10%?
Well, I did just get the Diamond version... But 10% is a better idea, easier to tell against higher level monsters that get redbarred at 1-3.

unkn0wnwarrior, I take it you support. Both of you will be added to the list :D

this is pretty good, have greater demons walking around lumbridge noobs are like, 0mg!!!!!1111 h4xx0rs!!!111!!111 :lol: but maybe give soem exp for quest, one item is never the reward from quests.

Added a bit more information to the first post, and changed the title to declare its being F2P. So consider this a morning bump.

:shock:

Muggi would be walking around as Jad, increasing lag.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

The monster ring is a new ring that just randomly popped into my mind that lets you turn into attackable NPCs! Supporter

list:

1. Recksash

2. Junka666

3. unkn0wnwarrior

4. Abyssalwhip

5. Theoknight2

6. Moonlapsed

7.Gehackte

10.This could be you! Supporter number ten is special... somehow.

At 10 supporters, I'll post this on RSOF!

i dont understand attackable npc's what tha heck does that mean

How does 20 minutes turn into 2.5 hours? Was your math perhaps magical math?

klaus.jpg

maybe have it where when you kill the monster your ring's targeting, instead of the normal death animation, it gets sucked into the ring kinda like in the first part of Hellboy where the dude gets sucked into the tiny hole (NOT THAT ONE!!!!! :mrgreen: ). that way you can still be mr Jad ;) just imagine, like 15-20 Jads waiting for you when you get off tut island, that would make you crap yourself 5 feet deep in your own feces :lol:

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

The monster ring is a new ring that just randomly popped into my mind that lets you turn into attackable NPCs! Supporter

list:

1. Recksash

2. Junka666

3. unkn0wnwarrior

4. Abyssalwhip

5. Theoknight2

6. Moonlapsed

7.Gehackte

10.This could be you! Supporter number ten is special... somehow.

At 10 supporters, I'll post this on RSOF!

i dont understand attackable npc's what tha heck does that mean

What I mean by attackable NPCs are those monsters you see walking around, with the option "attack" on them, that you can have a full battle with, that there's a chance of killing another one.

maybe have it where when you kill the monster your ring's targeting, instead of the normal death animation, it gets sucked into the ring kinda like in the first part of Hellboy where the dude gets sucked into the tiny hole (NOT THAT ONE!!!!! Mr. Green ). that way you can still be mr Jad Wink just imagine, like 15-20 Jads waiting for you when you get off tut island, that would make you crap yourself 5 feet deep in your own feces Laughing

I assume you support? And, that's what the ring already does. At 1 HP, you can no longer deal damage, and you have to use the ring on it, which it then gets sucked into the ring and it becomes bound to you. Oh, and newbies won't be -as- scared by the jads. They don't know his true level yet. Still pretty scary to see huge reptile-things walking around, though.

Seems like it would be a fun item to have. :)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

This is awesome! Can you imagine the faces when level 47 TzTok-jad rambles through ardougne? or castlewars :XD:

Count me in!

Support

Rip, you unlucky 33

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâë{}{ (fishing) ----|| (smithing) o---->(Crafting) ;-)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Oh,[cabbage]

Thanks for all the support, people! :D To prevent confusion, say the word "support" in your post to support. Thanks :D

or not maybe becoming the monster just a new skill monster riding that is much cooler like in this picuter

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=4456830#4456830 this is fake of the week topic and then you click on the fotw 4 thing and that winning picture like that one thats real riding on monsters

How does 20 minutes turn into 2.5 hours? Was your math perhaps magical math?

klaus.jpg

Very unlikely to happen, because as I read other people can attack you.

1. What if you died, would you lose items?

2. If other people would attack you, wouldn't that classify as bring back dueling anywhere?

Already suggested & topics not to suggest.

Skills/Character Options:

- A player made 'examine' *

- Bring back duelling anywhere

- Clan-related suggestions *

- Experience Point buying/selling/trading

- Flying *

- Larger inventory *

- Member's skills on Free to Play worlds

- Player-owned stores *

- Races (Elves, Dwarves etc) / Players starting as another race *

- Summoning/necromancy *

- Sitting/Lying down *

From this sticky.

Gehackte, your idea also is on Do Not Suggest.

Already suggested & topics not to suggest.

Animals:

- Abusing animals e.g. Harming pets/tamed animals in PvP.

- Horses/Riding (All animals & machines: Riding a goat or a bike is still riding) *

- More pets/trained monsters/tamed animals *

Overall, It is a good idea, but on the list.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

Very unlikely to happen, because as I read other people can attack you.

1. What if you died, would you lose items?

2. If other people would attack you, wouldn't that classify as bring back dueling anywhere?

The ring turns you into a version of the NPC which cannot be attacked. You can walk around as it, but cannot attack or be attacked (unless in the wilderness, of course).

The monster ring is a new ring that just randomly popped into my mind that lets you turn into attackable NPCs! In order to obtain/use one, you need to complete a somewhat simple quest. This ring is for both F2P and P2P.

Eh?

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

Eh?

Meaning you turn into an NPC that when it really is an NPC can be attacked. It is not saying that you can be attacked by other players while in this form, other than in the wilderness, of course.

nice idea but would it have limits so u can/can't turn into a kaphite queen in the middle of varroc?

EDIT: I support!

guyx5000.png

guth8os.gif

be yourself because you suck at being that guy