What is a noob?

pkfr0mafar

I was just wondering, what you think a noob really is.

Well, you may have hesitated before clicking on this topic thinking that whoever wrote this post was a noob, not knowing what a noob is.

So it may be safe to think that some (or most) of the general topic viewers think the same thing: Noobs are idiots who don't know anything about runescape (or something like that anyway).

My personal thoughts about noobs are that they are immature players who tell others to f*** off or insult them for being a "def noob" or "range noob" or something. I say that if you call anyone a noob, then you are one.

So please post here what you think a noob is. Whether you think its a poor guy or a low leveled player (not a noob, a newb).

Though I can tell you some people who post here will be lying...

End Of Year, F2P lvl 3 skiller.

Other account, Pkfr0mafar, EX noob-PKer.

Some people debate the meaning of "Noob"

1. A new person / Other spelling of newb,

2. A stupid/annoying newb

3. A stupid/annoying person

4. A disrespectful/begging person

I, go for 3. :XD:

Editted.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

a noob is definetly a stupid annoying person

eomer876.png

a noob is definetly a stupid annoying person

Especially the annoying ones :P

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

One who asks what a noob is.

Really? I doubt that. Many people have different ideas of what a noob is, pkfr0mafar is only asking what you think a noob is.. :-#

yeah, it's definitely number 3. although you might want to add disrespectful people and beggars.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

A noob is a person who refuses to learn the game. Another part of noob is the stupid and annoying part that has been mentioned. And, as for this:

That would fall under Newbie if anything. And in this case, it doesn't fall under Newbie because the question is about opinion.

a noob it someone who uses the term "noob" incorectly (def noob, mage noob)

a noob is someone who lies (i saw this one guy who wanted to duel me (he was wearing full rune) then started saying he didnt have anything and that he wanted free stuff like 5 mins after...)

a noob is someone who is offensive (well, i cant really show an example here, can i...)

a noob is someone who begs, scams, macros, buys rs money, rants about stuff thats their own fault (like "i died in the wildy and lost stuff im mad") and... i think thats all.

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

Really? I doubt that. Many people have different ideas of what a noob is, pkfr0mafar is only asking what you think a noob is.. :-#

thanks RayOxide, but ADF i guess if you REALLY think that one who asks what a noob is or asks for an opinion on what a noob is, then so be it. and if you dont like people who ask for opinions on what a noob is, then DON'T POST.

a noob it someone who uses the term "noob" incorectly (def noob, mage noob)

a noob is someone who lies (i saw this one guy who wanted to duel me (he was wearing full rune) then started saying he didnt have anything and that he wanted free stuff like 5 mins after...)

a noob is someone who is offensive (well, i cant really show an example here, can i...)

a noob is someone who begs, scams, macros, buys rs money, rants about stuff thats their own fault (like "i died in the wildy and lost stuff im mad") and... i think thats all.

yea thats what i've been thinking too

End Of Year, F2P lvl 3 skiller.

Other account, Pkfr0mafar, EX noob-PKer.

Guest ShadowClawe

I used to have this little saying of mine in my sig, but then took it out:

"Dost hath not giveth thy name "noob" to thy brethren...

...Or thou art must considereth thyself a noob as well."

Noob:

1. Someone who begs other players for money, items, etc.

2. Someone who keeps begging other players to do something for them, even after they refuse. ("Do S/cape emote plz!!" "No." "Do it or ill report you!!")

3. Someone who thinks they are better than someone/everyone. (Perfect example: calling another player a noob.)

4. Someone who bugs/annoys another for no reason.

5. A Newb (See below) who acts like they know more about the game than anyone else.

6. A fresh account. ("This is my noob account")-same as newb-

Newb:

1. A fresh account. -same as noob-

2. A new player who does not fully understand all the concepts of the game.

Don't call me a noob because im calling them noobs; I'm not. Im simply stating what noobs actually are, -what I think they are- because it is a very debatable, yet also misunderstood word.

~Shadow

Noob:

2. Someone who begs other players to do something for them. ("Do S/cape emote plz!!")

3. Someone who thinks they are better than someone/everyone.

5. A fresh account. ("This is my noob account")-same as newb-

As you can see I bolded the ones that are incorrect, or aren't right...

I ask people with skill capes to do it, Doesn't make it begging...

The second one bolded is ARROGANCY doesn't make them a noob, Just makes them complete Minders.

Guest ShadowClawe
Noob:

2. Someone who begs other players to do something for them. ("Do S/cape emote plz!!")

3. Someone who thinks they are better than someone/everyone.

5. A fresh account. ("This is my noob account")-same as newb-

As you can see I bolded the ones that are incorrect, or aren't right...

I ask people with skill capes to do it, Doesn't make it begging...

The second one bolded is ARROGANCY doesn't make them a noob, Just makes them complete Minders.

Ok, maybe I misworded that a little bit. I didnt mean just saying, "Plz do emote," I meant to keep bugging players or begging after they say no. Seeing 5 level 20 players crowded around someone with a cape isn't the most un-noobish thing to see.

The second one...

They are, in general, noobs.

I don't want to keep the Quoting, so..

Well ShadowClawe, Everything you said in your list only happens on RS, and never will happen in real life.. People don't go up to others and say, Free stuff Pl0x!111?///?1/

And, there's a word for "People thinking they're better than others" That, I pointed out is Arrogance/Arrogant/Arrogancy/Cockiness/Cocky, Not noob.

What I also mean is, if someone in real life, said to you... "You're lame at this, I'll win, beat you all" Etc etc, You wouldn't call them a noob? WOULD YOU? :notalk:

Guest ShadowClawe

Wow, you're good at this, RayOxide.

Everything you said in your list only happens on RS, and never will happen in real life.

And, there's a word for "People thinking they're better than others" That, I pointed out is Arrogance/Arrogant/Arrogancy/Cockiness/Cocky, Not noob.

What I also mean is, if someone in real life, said to you... "You're lame at this, I'll win, beat you all" Etc etc, You wouldn't call them a noob? WOULD YOU? :notalk:

EXACTLY. Of course it happens only in rs. If someone started annoying you, say, your little brother, you wouldn't call them a noob.

----------------------------------

Even so, people who are arrogant are considered noobs! Noob is a very general word.

------------------------------------------

First of all, we are talking about runescape, not real life. We are talking about what a noob means on runescape. My list says what I think noobs are in runescape, so don't apply them to real life.

Wow, you're good at this, RayOxide.

Everything you said in your list only happens on RS, and never will happen in real life.

EXACTLY. Of course it happens only in rs. If someone started annoying you, say, your little brother, you wouldn't call them a noob.

----------------------------------

Even so, people who are arrogant are considered noobs! Noob is a very general word.

------------------------------------------

First of all, we are talking about runescape, not real life. We are talking about what a noob means on runescape. My list says what I think noobs are in runescape, so don't apply them to real life.

Whatever, lets not argue, the topic might get locked.... Like one time on this WWE forum, there was like 5 pages of people arguing of these two people that AREN'T brothers.....

Btw, Shadow, Whats with the Old Red Goblin Mail in your Avatar?

4. A disrespectful/begging person

Editted.

Agreed on 3rd.

its oftentimes just used as an insult whether true or not. Its like calling someone "gay" irl whether they're actually homosexual or not. Sorry if these words are inappropriate for the forums, they have no harm or negative implications intended.

two main definitions in my eyes

1: a high lvl/mid lvl player who think he is supierior to another player in all forms.

2: a person who cheats hacks etc to become rich in the hope of being respected.

PS. i try to avoid saying the word noob as whn i was called it i felt bad and i do not wish to make somone else feel the same as i felt

::'

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Noob just came from newb. Newb or Newbie was the name given to new players, it gradually turned into noob, and used to insult new players. Then it was used to insult people in general.

Years later, it has branched into names such as choob, and froob, and now has no real meaning, people just use it when they want to insult someone. Nowadays it is so loosely used that if someone wants to insult someone, they pick something that they are insulting them about, and add the word noob to the end. Such as def noob, scammer noob, str noob, high lv noob.

The idiots guide to debating in Runescape:

Step 1: Pick a random word.

Step 2: Add the word noob at the end, call the other person this.

Step 3: Repeat, after 5-10 minutes switch to a new word.

Anybody who wants to be an idiot/immature/ignorant should have this guide handy.

It clearly states in the description of the game when you first start out that a 'newb' is a newer inexperienced player and a 'noob' is an annoying person. ~ Some may call newbs noobs sometimes because they need help with things but rs in the past maybe 8 months has been 'abusing' the word noob in and out of the wildy. -In-my-opinion....-just-be-nice-or-don't be mean. Think about it.