the old gaming spirit still lives.

theduclos3

Ok quick bit of background. When I started this game 5 years ago I was met in lumby by a high lvl (he may have been lvl 60 lol) and was given full iron and other misc stuff. Now I just made myself a new char named 'scout klr' (guess what itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s gonna do?) and I was just greeted by an lvl 55 by the name of 'mastercole12'. When he was asking me if i've ever played before a just acted all dumb expecting to see some kinda lame scam. But no he awards me 10k instead. Of course I jumped on my main ASAP and gave him back 50k for his generosity. I honestly didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know this stuff still goes on. I give away sets of iron when I decide to do mining but to give away 10k cash to an lvl 3 is pretty cool for someone who is 'only' lvl 55. What do you all think?

Main - Satanic3

Pure - Satanicsmate

Currently trying to find out exactly what happens when you reach the max gp limit. Accepting all donations...

When I played, I often found that your generosity either went unthanked, unnoticed, unappreciated or with asking for more.

unless you met a bunch of ingrates 'often' is the wrong word, i am often openly generous and only once has someone failed to at the least say tyvm (that person was a lvl 108 LOL). Perhaps you expected more in the way of thanks than i did, perhaps you actually did just meet rude people, i'd suggest that you probably just have you're anti-rose tinted spectacles on.

When I played, I often found that your generosity either went unthanked, unnoticed, unappreciated or with asking for more.

Yes and most cases of "Noobs" like the topic-starter have mains, are scammers, or become beggars. of course, if they don't reply to you, they're a possible macroer.

Most newbs might die with their full iron and quit or become really mad at the game and begin avoiding the censor, if you know what I mean

mememe513.png

Ok quick bit of background. When I started this game 5 years ago I was met in lumby by a high lvl (he may have been lvl 60 lol) and was given full iron and other misc stuff. Now I just made myself a new char named 'scout klr' (guess what itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s gonna do?) and I was just greeted by an lvl 55 by the name of 'mastercole12'. When he was asking me if i've ever played before a just acted all dumb expecting to see some kinda lame scam. But no he awards me 10k instead. Of course I jumped on my main ASAP and gave him back 50k for his generosity. I honestly didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know this stuff still goes on. I give away sets of iron when I decide to do mining but to give away 10k cash to an lvl 3 is pretty cool for someone who is 'only' lvl 55. What do you all think?

I gave away full sets of iron armour to new player. The result: about 8 out of 10 lost it and begged for another like it was nothing..

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Didn't you play during RuneScape classic?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

when i started playing, i got 100gp from this lvl 20 dude and he was my hero. then some lvl 30 girl gave me a world map...the rest is history.

well not really. i still give lvl 3's and etc my old junk. like if i have 14 bronze bars, ill make some swords or something then give it away in the smithing shop.

:P

goldencabbage.jpg

^golden cabbage =D

http://rsfosi.forumup.com/index.php?mforum=rsfosi

^ MY FORUMS not big at all. join now while you can get a good username!! looking for mods also!

Back in the day when i first started, it was my irl friend that gave me the essential armour and stuff. But the rest was all me, i find that makeing your own money, learning the skill yourself, is a LOT more fun, and keeps the game fresh. Now that ive seen/done practicly everything its not all that fun anymore. However, if i see a level 40-65ish in trouble, I dont hesitate with the money. Basic karma people. It works :) .

Yes...I've set up a few friends in RS, ever since I'd been given full monk in RSC. I gave them full iron, the essentials, and they got to work leveling up.

Once they started mining me coal, i made them a lot of Steel things and bought them the rest of full steel set. Not only that, I gave them a addy axe, addy pic, and mith weaps for heloing me lvl up smithing.

I only do it for ppl I can trust, either those I know IRL, or those I've known for a while on RS.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

unless you met a bunch of ingrates 'often' is the wrong word, i am often openly generous and only once has someone failed to at the least say tyvm (that person was a lvl 108 LOL). Perhaps you expected more in the way of thanks than i did, perhaps you actually did just meet rude people, i'd suggest that you probably just have you're anti-rose tinted spectacles on.

You're seriously trying to tell me what I experienced when I played?

Didn't you play during RuneScape classic?

I did. Your point?

If you think there's this rosy illusion that RSC was some haven of a well respected, polite community, then you need to wake up and smell the flowers. It's nowhere near as bad as the game is today, but it certainly was no picnic.