WoW vs RS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say RS wins. WoW wins in gameplay, but at $15 bucks a month, thats pretty expensive. WoW is too expensive for me and my parents would let me pay for it anyways. I can't even get membership :wall:

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

13 day necro, but whatever.

In a sense, WoW can be cheaper than Runescape. In runescape, you can only get membership for one account for it to be five dollars a month, if you get two accounts, it will be ten dollars a month, etc. In World of Warcraft, you can have up to fifty accounts, all for 15 dollars a month, which all have complete access. Dungeons, or in in World of Warcraft, instances/raids in are better, a few (Gnomeregan, :x) take a while to complete, but they are good. Community is generally better, too, probably it's because the average age of those in WoW is much older.

You are certainly all right, gameplay>graphics. It's why WoW wins.

Though RS does have a barbershop... :wink:

-As for graphics, don't quote me on this, but i believe WoW was created by a professional team of video game developers while i've heard RS was originally created by two teens and an advertiser? (a rumor, i really don't know, but it'd be funny XD)

Actually, you're pretty much correct. WoW was created by Blizzard Entertainmant Ltd., who were true professional gaming developers, the best of the best. Runescape was created by Andrew/Paul Gower, who were I believe amateurs. They created and hosted the game in Andrew Gower's bedroom. There is a vast difference between the two, and I believe that Runescape has come a lot further than WoW has come, however WoW has had a huge head start.

What I don't get is that people who play WoW seem to become very big headed about the game, and start to interfere with others, waffling on about how 'their game is teh leetzorz', and personally i don't want to become like them, so I stick with RS (and Tip.It) instead. RS for life!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

What I don't get is that people who play WoW seem to become very big headed about the game, and start to interfere with others, waffling on about how 'their game is teh leetzorz', and personally i don't want to become like them, so I stick with RS (and Tip.It) instead. RS for life!

I have seen that with runescape, or any other game. That is called a fanboy, and RS for life! sounds awfully fanboy-ish to me.

WoW is a good game, and I'd much rather play that than RuneScape, but the computer I use is far from good enough to play. RuneScape is a fun game, but WoW is way better, in possibly every single way. Once I get my laptop, I might quit RS and move on to WoW. But until then, R00nsk4yp3!

If I put this at the end of every message I type, maybe people will remember me~

jordangmsunset.jpg

okay lets compare and contrast

Maps: WoW>RS

Overall Player Friendliness: WoW=RS (unless you do RPG relm)

Graphics: WoW>RS

Bots and Gold Farmers: WoW>RS (yes they both exist but Blizzard takes more legal and extreme actions)

Quests: WoW>RS

Replay Value: WoW>RS (talents alone can get u three chars)

Playability: WoW

Gap between old and new players (what i consider very important): WoW=RS

Economies: WoW>RS

Music: WoW>RS

Comp Requirements: RS>WoW

Price: RS>WoW

PvP: WoW>RS

im not gonna go on

Isn't trading and selling accounts and money in WoW legal? I'd say that's a con. Oh and WoW has macroing too.

From what I've heard from other people, WoW seems to be way more addicting and time consuming. Instances and raids or whatever can take a long sitting. Then again so does the fight caves but that's the only one i can think of

awesomeaa9.png

I played WoW till level 20-something. I was a night-elf-druid (woot!). The game is fun, there are many quests, you could spend aaages just trying to do all the different things, but the concentration on combat drove me away in the end.

I think RS has a longer life-span. It takes forever to get 99 in all stats, whereas getting to level 60 in WoW takes an incomparably short amount of time. Additionally RS offers such a wide range of things to do. Quests, mining, fishing, player owned houses. It's just got more diversity in my opinion.

But of course it's personal preference, and if this topic were on a WoW forum, no doubt you'd have the opposite response.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here