WoW vs RS

Haha reading that Wow seems a lot better,

Rs = easy (for kids) + cheap (for the poor). :lol: Both pros, but implying Rs is for losers :lol:

2480+ total

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RS is a java game, WoW isn't, they can't be compared.

well for a java game runescape wins cos if world of warcraft was java then they couldnt even compair to runescape

yes good point

also the quests are rubbish on wow, so take the "more quests out" quality>quantity also gameplay>graphics

you say macroers is a big problem in rs, well its the same on wow but not quite so bad

i know alot of people who quit wow to play rs =)

Next up for comparison:

Online chess and Doom 3!

^^hehe good point, compare dragonfable and rs and GW to WoW

I really like your point M A L T A.

Combat is WoW is much more interesting than RS due to the fact the most interactive battle can be in RS is 'special attack'.

My night elf priest can do any combination of spells to help him in battle. That is certainly a WoW plus I hadn't thought of.

By the way, just to clear up a slight bit of confusion at the start of the thread:

The basic month-to-month subscription plan costs 12.99ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì per month (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã8.99 in the UK), while the three-month plan costs 11.99ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì per month (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã8.39 in the UK), and the six-month plan costs 10.99ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì per month (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã7.69 in the UK).

It really is a toss up for me, I really can't decide which game appeals to me more. I think it's gonna come down to which is the most likely to be worth the time I will play it, considering I'm going to be working with Apple Computer full time starting next week.

Also, good points about scamming-luring in RS-WoW. I saw 1 person talking on the general chat saying he got scammed in the two weeks I played it, whereas there's mass scamming in RS. Mind you, that may have not been so isolated.

Oh, btw, one of my characters is in a WoW dance video, just for the sake of saying it randomly.

The dance emote in WoW rules.

(I agree baron, online chess and doom 3 should be the next game comparison!)

Select a use probably said it best that it's a matter of taste.

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

I find WoW down right stupid, It's too "Unreal" for me.. I mean come on.. you can choose to be an elf? give me a break. At least jagex has some reality in their game..

You're...you're seriously judging two fantasy online RPGs on their levels of reality?

Which leads me to my next point, kids: Don't. Smoke. Crack.

RS is a java game, WoW isn't, they can't be compared.

well for a java game runescape wins cos if world of warcraft was java then they couldnt even compair to runescape

yes good point

also the quests are rubbish on wow, so take the "more quests out" quality>quantity also gameplay>graphics

you say macroers is a big problem in rs, well its the same on wow but not quite so bad

i know alot of people who quit wow to play rs =)

Next up for comparison:

Online chess and Doom 3!

^^hehe good point, compare dragonfable and rs and GW to WoW

yeah, thats true. Ive heard about elite quests that take like 6 hours, but can anyone who plays it tell me how long average quests are?

Yes, I agree about the younger age grouping.

Yesterday I had a person beg me for stuff on my noob account, and I asked why it took her so long to type, then she said she was in grade 4 (Australia, not sure if there are different grades in different countries) which meant she was about 9/10. So then I said you're ay too young to play this game, she replied, Wanna bet, then she said I'm 13, turning 14. And I said, Well, held back 3 years? lol Noob. :-w It was funny,

Although I have never played WoW, which I never will (Because of the people being addicted to it on the News) I still honestly think WoW Is alot better. But still, RuneScape For Life!

I dont need a siggy no moar.

As I thought, WoW seems solely combat and quest based going by what I know of it and what I have read here.

Exactly why I didn't want to bother playing it. I have a strong distaste for quests and no real interest in the combat feild either. That's why I like RS - It's got tons of variety in the way of things to do.

That's just my opinion anyway.

I know what yu mean thunderhawk.

That frustrated me when playing WoW. But it is still addictive....

Basically, quests probably average anywhere from 10-30 minutes I'd say. If you're the right lvl, then it'll probably be easy enough, but some of them are quite hard and you need to team up with people. That's one thing I found out while playing.

Well, I found out WoW is ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10 at Game, and I have a ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5 voucher, guess a month of WoW wont be so expensive after all!

Argh, but I can't decide which I'd rather play still. I think if WoW is that cheap at the moment, I'll keep playing that for a bit longer, but otherwise, I may just play RS. We'll see.

well... i've tried both... i find rs more interesting...

might be several reasons... something that makes pvp / pking in rs so special, is that you risk your items... in wow, that is not the case...

for you that say that rs is not very combat oriented... okay, it's not as oriented as WoW is, but there is really very few skills that, when ripped down.. isn't about combat...

thiefing, agility, construction and hunter... that is the only skills not bound up to combat <.<

Scherzo.png

Ture about PKing, but I think that depends on the player.

I mean, I wanna have cool items, and not have to risk them every time I go into battle. I've never gotten much joy out of PKing. I don't really have the heart for it. And I also think the breakdown of loot in RS is kinda unfair.

I played runescape for 1 year, quit. Played Final Fantasy 11 (mmorpg) for a year. quit. Still wish i hadnt quit, i love that game..so i took up WoW for a month and a half.. and found it to be pure garbage. I don't have a top of the line computer, but its certainly not junk, and i couldn't go near a major city without lagging to the point of wanting to throw my computer out the window. I returned to RS last month because i still had friends here and although im way behind them now ~.~ im still enjoying myself.

-WoW quests are mostly mindless errand quests from my experience, but not much is to be said for RS quests either, most of which easily completed at level 80 (Few exceptions)

-WoW has a much older community, there are still annoying little kids, but to a lesser extent.

-Most items become "soulbound" meaning once you equip, or in some cases pick it up, you cant trade it again, which is both a blessing and a curse.

-As for graphics, don't quote me on this, but i believe WoW was created by a professional team of video game developers while i've heard RS was originally created by two teens and an advertiser? (a rumor, i really don't know, but it'd be funny XD)

mithmmage,xruinsfatex.gif

ice0qz.png

xruinsfatex.gif

It seems as though all the people posting on here haven't given WoW a good enough chance. The game is totally different at end game.

Essentially to experience the real WoW you need to reach the level cap (now 70, previously 60). Trying to play WoW without being lvl 70 is like trying to pk when you are 1 combat.

It seems as though all the people posting on here haven't given WoW a good enough chance. The game is totally different at end game.

Essentially to experience the real WoW you need to reach the level cap (now 70, previously 60). Trying to play WoW without being lvl 70 is like trying to pk when you are 1 combat.

Agreed on both points. I haven't been playing WoW long, but I have been playing long enough to know that the good stuff has yet to come ( I hear level 20 is when the REALLY cool stuff starts).

And for all you saying PvP is better in RS, well, maybe it was 5 years ago. PvP in RS is utter garbage now, I've had more fun playing with dog feces than PKing. WoW is a lot of fun when you take a group of high level players into enemy/contested territory and start slaughtering all the other players of the other faction. Hell, it's even fun solo - I was playing on my friend's levle 45 troll rogue and was blazing through Elwynn Forest and Redridge Mountains, killing any Alliance characters I could.

I actually enjoy RS graphics much more than WoW, just purely for its uniqueness, and I grown fond of it as well. WoW on the other hand has very...unsatisfying graphics (other than the cinematics).

Runescape graphics make my eyes bleed. The graphics in wow are very outdated and todays mmorpg's that you pay for monthly have graphics that blow my head off (Conan's Age: Hyborian Adventure and Huxley).

Make sure to be pleased with the ways of your death

For in days of reckoning and when the twilight torn is ticking

Elysium is halfway and as an answer to the plea

You're destined to yield fragments of Hell in return

I too have taken a break from Runescape to WoW. WoW is an awsome game. There is TONS of stuff to do not to mention the war like minigames like Warsong Gultch (my fave). In the past three months I have played I have leveled 2 60 accounts (70 soon I hope) and several other 19-39's. WoW has alot going for it in its Clan/Guild support aswell. Runescape is still a great game but comparing RS to WoW is no contest.

1c856de4ff5f64a5e9929849ac19f7021.1.gif

I've never played WoW, but AWESOME thread! A great idea.

I heard that WoW was much better (from my friends opinions).

Je suis chercher pour les gens qui parlent fran̮̤̉̉ais. Vous parlez fran̮̤̉̉ais?

Sig created by me. Back then when mauls actually worked.

mustbepuresigqk1.png

must%20be%20pure.gif

a lot of people I know play wow and even if it is 20 steps above runescape it's not as good as people make it out as. But since wow is so popular i bet in this year some time blizzard is going to remake everything in wow with new graphics, better quests and a lot of new items (like the same thing jagex did when they made runescape 2)

Make sure to be pleased with the ways of your death

For in days of reckoning and when the twilight torn is ticking

Elysium is halfway and as an answer to the plea

You're destined to yield fragments of Hell in return

Well... My only thought on the matter is wow...

You really are complimenting Runescape. Think about it you are asking whether a browser based game (that can be free) is better than a game that you have to buy in a store and then pay monthly for. Basicly what you are saying is Jagex has made a product that is better than most any game you can buy on most store shelves. After all... there aren't all that many games that compare to WOW, and saying Runescape is one of them is really complementing it.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

When you die, you don't lose your items.

That's not really a pro, it's probably more convenient though. That "pro" is more something to do with WoW's gameplay not something actually good about the game. Runescape's die-and-lose-all-your-items is good when it comes to PKing.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

You're comparing crossbows with guns here. Both are long-ranged weapons, but they work in a different way than each other to be compared properly.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"