DataDyne Runescape Films

alyssalarue

Hey Folks! Well, I've decided to start making runescape movies/videos/shows/ect. (I got way to much time don't I? :D ) I've been working on a new series called "Spy Girl" it's about a spy that cleans up runescape of it's villans. I released a trailer of it and the first episode is coming out tomorrow (May 9th) http://youtube.com/profile?user=alyssalarue

We are currently working on a new series that we hope will be a lot fun! We are planning on getting people to show us their Runescape dance routines. We will release a video every week with about 5 contestants, and we will let people vote on how much they like them! Every week whoever gets the least votes will be taken off the show. Keep in mind that we are always looking for contestants! We will start filming when we get enough contestants.

Our Website:

http://www.freewebs.com/datadynefilms/index.htm

Thanks,

Alyssa :thumbsup:

tifsbti6oi.gif

=) well i hope your videos become popular and ill be taking a look every now and then

snt datadyne a company from perfect dark. Think

sorry i got no time for the vid though.

Indeed it is....nice detective work!

tifsbti6oi.gif

isnt datadyne a company from perfect dark. :-k

Clearly, as you're busy with important obligations like posting on forums. NO TIME!

Alyssal, I liked the music? Idk, I would try in the future taking quicker shots closer up with more of a point than just attacking random npc's. That gets boring fast.

In my opinion i think you should come up with a different story with other charcters a beginning middle and an end.

sig2di2.png

99 Magic achieved in December 2004.

99 Cooking achieved in Novemeber 2003.

743rd to achieve 80 Dungeoneering.

Won over 5.5 Bill staking in partyhats and cash.

RSC product account created in 2002.

isnt datadyne a company from perfect dark. :-k

Clearly, as you're busy with important obligations like posting on forums. NO TIME!

Alyssal, I liked the music? Idk, I would try in the future taking quicker shots closer up with more of a point than just attacking random npc's. That gets boring fast.

i was clearly in a hurry when i posted that. :-w

Here's a few things I saw in the trailer I didn't like very much... that I'm hoping you'd consider when you make your actual videos.

1. Too much commentary - I would much rather see the priest talking to the spy rather than the spy telling us what the priest said.

2. Costume inconsistencies - If you're going to have your character wear a black beret, then keep her wearing a black beret. If you are worried about using them in wilderness scenes and such, either rule out wilderness scenes, or modify her costume. But don't have her leave edgeville wearing a beret, approaching the castle not wearing, back inside wearing it.

3. Unregistered Hypercam - I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. And I'm definitely not the only one. Probably not the top priority but it would be much much better if you could remove the unregistered hypercam symbol, either by registering or using a different screen cam.

The concept itself isn't bad. It's not terribly original but it definitely has potential. And as someone pointed out before: your audience is going to expect more than a random girl dressed in black killing NPCs. More variety would be great.

PS: I'm am not flaming, I'm just trying to offer helpful advice. Feel free to disagree and ignore it if you find it useless.

The concept itself isn't bad. It's not terribly original but it definitely has potential. And as someone pointed out before: your audience is going to expect more than a random girl dressed in black killing NPCs. More variety would be great.

Agreed. It's a higher-than-average RuneScape video, the good grammar gives it a boost.

I agree with your two points Soma, but if you, Alyssa, wouldn't mind a bit more of advice:

1) Do not use HyperCam2, please use Camtasia. It's free and fast, all you need is a e-mail.

2) Don't record your mouse, both HyperCam and Camtasia have the opiton to.

~Nick :)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Here's a few things I saw in the trailer I didn't like very much... that I'm hoping you'd consider when you make your actual videos.

1. Too much commentary - I would much rather see the priest talking to the spy rather than the spy telling us what the priest said.

2. Costume inconsistencies - If you're going to have your character wear a black beret, then keep her wearing a black beret. If you are worried about using them in wilderness scenes and such, either rule out wilderness scenes, or modify her costume. But don't have her leave edgeville wearing a beret, approaching the castle not wearing, back inside wearing it.

3. Unregistered Hypercam - I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. And I'm definitely not the only one. Probably not the top priority but it would be much much better if you could remove the unregistered hypercam symbol, either by registering or using a different screen cam.

PS: I'm am not flaming, I'm just trying to offer helpful advice. Feel free to disagree and ignore it if you find it useless.

I agree, and yes Soma, we know about the watermark... being a perfectionist as you know, I hate it more than you.

Agreed. It's a higher-than-average RuneScape video, the good grammar gives it a boost.

I agree with your two points Soma, but if you, Alyssa, wouldn't mind a bit more of advice:

1) Do not use HyperCam2, please use Camtasia. It's free and fast, all you need is a e-mail.

2) Don't record your mouse, both HyperCam and Camtasia have the opiton to.

~Nick :)

Camtasia is NOT free unless you know how to get a software key for free... easy but illegal. So don't.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Maybe you could have done this with a friend or something, and have him/her as the Priest (Monk Robes) and the Head Guard and maybe as the crooked cop, he may have ran into Wildy and you have to pursue and kill him... Just some suggestions, but I like to see some conversation between two people, not just a one-sided commentary about what's happening. Maybe when this thing gets bigger you could have extras, just standing around talking and stuff... But, some serious potential here. :thumbsup:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men