~~BARROWS or DRAGON~~

Barghy69

I was wondering my current levels are:

Att - 69

Str - 62

Def - 60

I have about 3.5mill and i was wonderign weather to buy a full set of barrows or obby set, rune plate/brassy, drag med, drag legs and whip...

The question really is which will be best to get cash from combat at 70 70 70 (i am training currently). How long until barrows will need to be repaired every time? Is barrows worth it or should i just stick with dragon and get barrows when i am a higher level...?

cheers

~~Barghy69~~

barrows has a higher defence bonus and a special set bonus so go with either verac or dharok

just get lvl 70 atk def and str

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

First of all. If you are not going barrows armor be sure to use the Granite plate body. Its only 100k and it is a lot better than a rune plate.

Second. The only barrow armor that is truely outstanding when we are talkin -general- use is the guthans set. (The healing effect one). (I assume we are talking melee).

The verac set is very good in special situations such as defeating the kalphite queen, and other situations were prayer is involved. But I would not spend up all my savings on a special gear. First focus on the -general- purpose setup's, then when you have money left over use that on special gears.

The full guthans set cost a lot more than 3.5 mil. And then it is repair costs after that. Unless you want to be broke for the weeks to come. (Meaning you have no investing power into other skills) You should just go for the dragon skirt, rune boots, whip, granite body, glory, neitz helm classic standard setup.

Goodlucuk Fred

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

replace the dragon medium with a berserker helmet or warrior helmet, dmed stinks rotten potatoes with mashed old tomatoes. I'd suggest to replace the dlegs with a dskirt since you wont be able to afford a whip if you buy dlegs (with 3,5mill), so my suggestion is: berserker helmet, whip, dskirt, obby set, rune boots, that is a total of 3,1mill which gives you another 400k to save ( you always need atleast 200k in bank to feel safe ;) ). You could also work on getting a rune defender, when you got it you have no use for your obby shield which adds up to another 300k :D THATS ABOUT IT!

~ Gabriel Dawkins

Gabbie d in the making

thanks this is helping, basically i want to try make cash from killing things (probably green dragons) i will be 70att 70str and 70 def. I know veracs is the best for kalphite but i was wondering if its practical to have barrows for killing dragons and if so which is best? If not what is reccomended...

~~Barghy69~~

thanks this is helping, basically i want to try make cash from killing things (probably green dragons) i will be 70att 70str and 70 def. I know veracs is the best for kalphite but i was wondering if its practical to have barrows for killing dragons and if so which is best? If not what is reccomended...
For dragons it's NOT pratical to use barrows. First of all, you need a anti fire shield and you can't wear a shield together with a barrow weapon. Second, green dragons are only in the wilderness, you don't want to take barrows into the wild.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

For dragons it's NOT pratical to use barrows. First of all, you need a anti fire shield and you can't wear a shield together with a barrow weapon. Second, green dragons are only in the wilderness, you don't want to take barrows into the wild.

Plus, green dragons can be easily handled with black d hide or rune.

I'd get torags, it's probably still about 1.6 million just don't buy the hammers.

It has the best melee def bonuses in the game, and really is cheap as could be.

Repair is every 15 hours of combat, which is alot longer then you expect.

Slide-sig.png

You might consider Torags set. Pretty cheap and great defense stats. My first big expenditure was saving for the whip with yew long bow alchin. The dragon stuff is flashy but not much better than rune armour. I would take the other guys advice and get Granite body (90k) and fighter torso (free, my most used armour).

The only barrows sets with a decent special are Guthans and Veracs but they are 9m and 4.5m respectively. I got my d legs fighting steel dragons and d square from fire giants (had to buy other half, not cheap and I never use it)

Granite shield is nice for 100k and u can get a free one from drops if u range or hally the troll generals. U can have a friend pick up a hally for u if they have done Regicide.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

I must say I dont agree to what the people here are advicing you to do. Getting torags at your level does give better def stats than dragon. But you will not earn very much money on using it as the repair cost will take much of your earnings away. If you were 90at 90def 90str the story would be different as you would manage to kill more monsters before the armor degrades, thus making in for a bigger profit.

I stick to my word and say that:

If you go for barrows you should go for guthans. Use guthans to heal, then switch to rune/granite/obby/dragon mix. In my eyes it is the best solution for your level / wealth status.

Ps. Remember to not waste barrows armor when fighting low/mid level monsters, as they rarely pay for the cost of your armor degrading.

Goodluck

Fred

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

I must say I dont agree to what the people here are advicing you to do. Getting torags at your level does give better def stats than dragon. But you will not earn very much money on using it as the repair cost will take much of your earnings away. If you were 90at 90def 90str the story would be different as you would manage to kill more monsters before the armor degrades, thus making in for a bigger profit.

I stick to my word and say that:

If you go for barrows you should go for guthans. Use guthans to heal, then switch to rune/granite/obby/dragon mix. In my eyes it is the best solution for your level / wealth status.

Ps. Remember to not waste barrows armor when fighting low/mid level monsters, as they rarely pay for the cost of your armor degrading.

Goodluck

Fred

That's crap :notalk:

A set without the weapon is 230k every solid 15 hours of combat, that's nothing...

He would go up about 10 levels by time he needs to repair it, its well worth it.

He will be saving on food for a start and getting much more training in before he has to bank,

also saving him time, but yeah if your fighting something easy you should use rune,

and at your levels I would suggest levelling at rock crabs(Or something better) till you have all 70's

But if making 230k is really hard for you, Fred is 100% right, but making that will be easy..

I agree 100% with RoswellCrash. Torag's is SO much cheaper than than full dragon and also A LOT better. Repair costs amount to ~15k per hour. When can you not make 15k per hour killing monsters even if it means just picking up rare seed drops, herbs, or gems/half-keys? Or every 15 hours you could work for an hour or so and make the repair costs back.

Despite what everyone says, dragon armor is for the rich and barrow's armor is for everybody.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I'd say torags is definately the best option for you here, It's pretty easy to earn back the repair costs, And it's well worth it, You'll get alot of xp with Torags and a whip. \'

Yagami.png

I would like to get the most difficult 99 in the game to accomplish. which is woodcutting.
because I had a drunken night in philadelphia and sprayed a fire extinguiser, evacuated a 7 story hotel on the philly stadium, spent the night in jail.. then got on level 2 prob & have to pay 50 a month because I have a job. It's their way of collecting more money out of me.

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

thorags (without the hammers) is probably the best solution, 15 hours of fighting will absolutely cover the costs for the repairing. As said before you should only use the barrow armour on higher lvled monsters. I don't know if you got a rune defender, if not you should get it, it's a must.

~Zellaz

Member.png