Barbarian Assault Tactics Guide

ki1ling_edge

Barbarian Assault Tactics Guide

Hi your fellow Scaper Edge here ::'

My first guide!

I originally possted this guide on the original RuneScape forums, but I lost my membership and my thread kind of died :(

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll try not to make any mistakes in this guide, but if you find anything missing or incorrect, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll gladly fix it as soon as possible. If anyone has anything to add to this, feel free to post your ideas, they will be very much appreciated :)

~Contents~

POST 1: You are reading it nowÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæor are you? :uhh:

POST 2: Skills

POST 3: What to Bring

POST 4: How to Get There

POST 5: Finding a Team

POST 6: Getting Started

POST 7: The Egg Launcher

POST 8: Attacker Tactics

POST 9: Collector Tactics

POST 10: Defender Tactics

POST 11: Healer Tactics

POST 12: Killing the Queen

POST 13: Rewards

POST 14: F.A.Q.

POST 2: Skills

------------------------------------------------------

Barbarian Assault is a very combat-orientated mini-game (like Castlewars and Pest Control), so obviously a high combat level is greatly advantageous. To get through all ten waves comfortably, I would recommend a combat level of 85+, but it depends on their familiarity with the game. The minimum level I would say to get past wave ten would be 70, but the lower your level is, the harder it will be for you to find a team. Usually people with 90+ combat will have no problem finding a team. Lower level players (<70) can still get past the first few waves, but usually after waves 6 or 7, having a low combat level gives your healers a rough time.

Defence is a vital skill in this game, since you are most probably under constant attack throughout the entire game. Having a good, solid defence level lets you last longer against the Penance so that the healer wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to heal you so often. Pure characters should not attempt this mini-game without a very strong team.

If you wish to be an Attacker, high Attack and Strength levels are definitely an advantage, or Ranging if you so prefer. Magic shouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be used in this game since you want to wear armor that will protect you well against the Penance.

POST 3: What to Bring

You will be under constant attack during most of the duration of the game, so your best melee armor is strongly recommended. Full Rune will be sufficient. If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ranging, wear Black Dragonhide armor.

For a weapon (if youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re an Attacker), youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll need weapon(s) that can use all four attack styles, ie. Accurate, Aggressive, Defensive and Controlled.

Here are some of my recommendations:

~ Dragon Longsword

Access to all four attack styles, decent strength and decent attack speed. Special attack is also beneficial.

~ Dragon Scimitar

Faster attack speed than longsword, but lower strength and accuracy. Access to all four attack styles, but Controlled is inaccurate and will miss often. Special attack is not very useful.

~ Dragon Dagger (p++)

Low strength and accuracy, but excellent speed, special attack and poison. No controlled attack style.

~ Abyssal Whip

Excellent strength, accuracy and speed, but special attack isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t very useful. No aggressive attack style though.

~ Guthans Warspear (w/Full Guthans)

Heals you, taking the pressure off your healers (especially in wave 10). However, it can only use Controlled and Defensive attack styles and has a mediocre attack speed.

If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ranging, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d take a Magic Shortbow.

I personally find Abyssal Whip with Dragon Scimitar works best, and I also take along Excalibur for its special attack which boosts defence by 10%. Using the Dragon BattleaxeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s special attack is definitely an option for its massive 20% strength boost, but I personally prefer defence over offence for this mini-game. Do not bring runes or arrows since those are provided for you and youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll just have to put them back in the bank anyway. Capes are also removed upon entering the game, so donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t bring those either (unless you like wasting inventory space).

HereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s what I bring:

Helm ~ Dragon Medium Helmet

Torso ~ Rune Platebody

Legs ~ Dragon Plateskirt

Shield ~ Dragon Square Shield

Gloves ~ Gloves (Barrows/Dark)

Boots ~ Rune Boots

Amulet ~ Amulet of Glory (4)

Ring ~ Warrior Ring

Weapons ~ Abyssal Whip, Dragon Scimitar, Excalibur

POST 4: How to Get There

The mini-game is located next of the Barbarian Outpost in the Kingdom of Kandarin, north of the Baxtorian Falls and South of the Lighthouse. I wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even bother giving directions since using a Games Necklace gets you there much quicker. A Games necklace is made using a gold bar on a furnace while having a necklace mould and cut sapphire in your inventory (22 Crafting required) then stringing the amulet with a ball of wool, then enchanted using the Lv1 Enchant Spell (7 Magic required) on it. Each Games necklace has eight charges and will vanish upon its last charge. Make sure you equip yourself before teleporting away, as there is no bank near the outpost at all.

POST 5: Finding a Team

Now that youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re equipped and at the Outpost, you should head down the stairs into the briefing rooms below. You will notice that there are eleven individual rooms; ten square rooms with a number on the floor from 1-10; and one rectangular room with a giant arrow painted on the floor. Head to the very north west room with the number 1 on the floor and pass through the barrier. If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re in any world except World 6 it will most likely be empty. World hop to World 6 and youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll find it is busy with a lot of people organising teams.

If you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t care who you team up with and just want to play, head to the room with the giant arrow and select which role you want to play as, or if you just want to take any role. As soon as there is one person of each role in the room plus one other, the game will start. Note that if you enter the room while on a later wave, you will be reset to the wave of the person who is on the earliest wave (eg. if you were on wave 7 and there was a person in your team on wave 1, you would go to wave 1)

A team consists of people taking one of each of the four roles; Attacker, Collector, Defender and Healer; plus another person repeating one of the roles. I would recommend on doubling up on the Healer role, since they have the most to do.

If this is youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re first time playing, just announce that you are looking for a team and will take any role. If you have a particular role in mind, say something like ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅAttacker hereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

ki1ling_edge.png

Interesting, id advise using a DDS for specials, but unfortunatly, all this info could be found on the main Tip.IT site. Nice try and effort though.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Wow, nice guide. I like it how you say the healers have the hardest job, caus its true. Now if only i could find four more people...

9/10, caus no pictures

Don't ask me for what I do for fun.

Anyways, what I do for fun (besides RS) is to tear up assignments I get and then try to re-create them. It's so much fun =D.

(I also like differrent things.(and purple ))

Hasaple2.png

Hasaple2.png

6/10 Please add pictures. Would be so good if you did. And I'd certainly raise my score to at least 8-9/10 (not that you care =Z).

Seriously, I haven't played this minigame, so this is useful both for me, and for whichever team takes me on my first try! Pictures would make a world of difference, and not just for presentation.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

well (and this is NOT a brag) i'm pretty much experienced with barbarian assault and have mastered all roles and you have some bad tips...also no pictures i give this guide 4/10 and if you want a few tips (i won't put many as there are too many)

[hide=tips] well here goes:

1. the best tip i can give you is dont count on guides when it comes to this mini game because i did and it jsut confused me at first use guides only AFTER you have experienced the game a little because it really just makes things worse

2.if you are an attacker you should prefer speed (of the weapon) over strength bonus i have tried both...barrelchest anchor (1 of the best str bonus weapons in the game and a bit slower than battle axes) on wave 10 and i usualy didnt kill all rangers and fighters before the queen got in but with the combination of a whip and dds (best time!) or a dragon scimmy i never seem to have any rangers or fighters left when queen comes

3.DONT play this game for a dragon chain as i did (At first) and realised its not worth it...if you want to play this game play it for fun because most of the rewards at 500 points bet are NOT worth the time getting 500 points if you want to check for your self here are the rewards i can remember getting (at the moment...i had a lot more just cant think of them right now): a total of around 500 raw swordies (more than 1 bet) a total of 1k deaths (wayyyyy more than 1 bet) a total of 250 blood runes (more than 1 bet) rune full helm, rune battle axe, magic tree seed, palm tree seed, 48 potato tuna and a lot lot more...im not saying those rewards are bad im saying its not worth the time played so i dont play for the rewards the rewards are just a nice addition to the fun

4. for collectors if at wave 5-6 the number of eggs you pick is lower than 40 you are doing bad...the best i got per game (at wave 7 if im not wrong) was 64 eggs but i was a level 5 collector and tahts a very good record

5. at level 5 (and 4 if you are a good healer) you can get more points as healer on waves 8-9 than on 10 (in which you always get 80)

6.best tip for healers! penace healers can wait! its more imporatant to heal than poison

7.defenders the easiest wave believe it or not is wave 10! because of 2 reason first there is no penality and second there is no east launcher that really makes things easy! the first thing i usualy do is drop food on the east trap grab fast the logs and hammer (2 logs is enough) and just let the penace die on traps and repair and redrop food when needed...really easy!

8.always use your horn! always! no matter what! (ofcours unless if the other partner has done his/her job you dont have to)

9.when using the launcher its very very easy to forget to use your horn so pay attention

10.melee is your best option as attacker unless your mage/range are really really hihg compared to your melee stats

well i can go on and on and on...if anyone has question PM my tip.it account because RS im usualy chat on friends/off[/hide]

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

I have never played BA before and I have to say your guide rocked.

It was much easier to understand then the other one here.

4vr93cy.jpg

Thanks Terly for the best Avatar in TipIt -winks-

I have never played BA before and I have to say your guide rocked.

It was much easier to understand then the other one here.

Frankly I have to disagree. This really wasn't BA tactics, this is a beginners guide with little strategy. It needs pictures to explain some of the methods you try to explain. You need to be more succint as well--currently its alot of words that aren't needed.

You need to incorporate much more strategy. I would suggest a video.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

hey if anyone can help i want to make a BA guide aswell that fits for beginners and experts but i know people would want pics but my stupid print screen button seems to have lost it... <.< can anyone help?

Was an alright beginners guide, and you should add to bring sara brews (4) unless your an attacker. It's not actually food, it's a potion :lol: . It's just easier in the the last waves and can save your team if you and another member are about to die.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I love it :thumbsup:

I am level 5 in each skill and have gotten the fighter torso, fighter hat and penance gloves.

I used (armor wise)

Warrior Helm

Torags Plate

Torags Legs

Whip and Dragon Scimitar

Rune Boots

Barrows Gloves

Rune Defender

Quest Cape

Fury

Warrior Ring

That would also almost be the best suit. All you need to do is switch the warrior with a helm of netzinot and the quest cape with a fire cape. (helm of netzinot wasnt out when i was doing it)

If you add pics 10/10 other wise 7/10.

Heres a Picture you could put in for what to wear:

[img=http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8643/baguidepicka6.png]

baguidepicka6.png

Note: You can replace the Berserker helm with a Helm of Netzinot if you have completed Fremnike Ilses.

newsignature1fs8.png

Pretty good guide, you explained them all well, but I have som additions.

Defending:

My favorite defending tactic is: as soon as you have stocked up, start laying a trail starting from the cave to the east trap. This'll lure all runners to the trap. When you arrive at the trap, you probably need a call again. Wait a few seconds untill the call and put around 6 of the right bait near the trap (depending on the wave you are in). Now put one bait just south east of the stalagmite north of the "shooting tower". Then run to the hammer and the logs. Get 1-4 logs depending on the wave and make your way back to the trap. Now start luring individual runners, while keeping sure both your trail from the cave and the bait north of the shooting tower are still there. Otherwise obviously replace them. The good thing is, Jagex made the runners actually follow the trail untill the end. So, if you do it right, the south trail will mostly stay intact. (Using this tactic, I never let more then one runner past, although it can take a little long on the low waves.)

Only the baites near the trap should be the right ones, the others can be random. They runner will follow it anyway. (This is very handy, because you have to less restock on a specific bait.)

Attacker:

Instead of holding your mouse on a free space, just right click somewhere and hold your mouse above "walk here". This is very handy at the higher waves, on which it can be hard to find an empty spot with all penancers around you.

You should also kill the rangers first, because they do the most damage.

At the queen round, as soon as you're ready, collect 8 mushroom spines (or however they're called) to waste less time later.

Collector:

I think you should just get a full inventory and a full hopper. When both are full you're done, because you got the maxime eggs possible.

Eggs shouldn't be shot. Only the runners if the defence reall sucks, because you won't get points for penancers who are killed with eggs.

Don't use the converter. You'll lose points -because you collect less eggs- and you're not going to shoot the eggs anyway.

The rumor the converted and destroyed eggs still count for points is wrong. You only get points for the amount of eggs you have at the end of the game (either in your inventory or hopper).

The collector is the only one who can do the wrong thing without any kind of penalty. Use this as an advantage, if both your inventory and hopper are full. Just keep getting eggs and let the healer heal you. This generates a lot of points.

Personally I also like to get a lower level (around 70) as a collector. He doesn't have any responcibilty, it's hard to screw up and he needs lots of healing. As long as he calls good, it's perfectly fine.

On low waves I also like 2 collecors the most. Together they can get even more eggs! (This only counts ofcourse if all the other members are good enough at their roles.)

Healer:

No comments :wink:

One other note: Pictures!

To Flave0falcon:

How did you get all those eggs? I tried destroying them, converting them and just getting more with a full inventory, but I never got more eggs then possible in both my inventory and hopper together. Maybe I'm wrong though.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I love it :thumbsup:

I am level 5 in each skill and have gotten the fighter torso, fighter hat and penance gloves.

I used (armor wise)

Warrior Helm

Torags Plate

Torags Legs

Whip and Dragon Scimitar

Rune Boots

Barrows Gloves

Rune Defender

Quest Cape

Fury

Warrior Ring

That would also almost be the best suit. All you need to do is switch the warrior with a helm of netzinot and the quest cape with a fire cape. (helm of netzinot wasnt out when i was doing it)

If you add pics 10/10 other wise 7/10.

Heres a Picture you could put in for what to wear:

[img=http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8643/baguidepicka6.png]

baguidepicka6.png

Note: You can replace the Berserker helm with a Helm of Netzinot if you have completed Fremnike Ilses.

if you really were 5 in all roles and had fighter torso hat and penace gloves you'd know you CANT WEAR CAPES UNDERGROUND IN BARBARIAN ASSAULT!

Pretty good guide, you explained them all well, but I have som additions.

Defending:

My favorite defending tactic is: as soon as you have stocked up, start laying a trail starting from the cave to the east trap. This'll lure all runners to the trap. When you arrive at the trap, you probably need a call again. Wait a few seconds untill the call and put around 6 of the right bait near the trap (depending on the wave you are in). Now put one bait just south east of the stalagmite north of the "shooting tower". Then run to the hammer and the logs. Get 1-4 logs depending on the wave and make your way back to the trap. Now start luring individual runners, while keeping sure both your trail from the cave and the bait north of the shooting tower are still there. Otherwise obviously replace them. The good thing is, Jagex made the runners actually follow the trail untill the end. So, if you do it right, the south trail will mostly stay intact. (Using this tactic, I never let more then one runner past, although it can take a little long on the low waves.)

Only the baites near the trap should be the right ones, the others can be random. They runner will follow it anyway. (This is very handy, because you have to less restock on a specific bait.)

Attacker:

Instead of holding your mouse on a free space, just right click somewhere and hold your mouse above "walk here". This is very handy at the higher waves, on which it can be hard to find an empty spot with all penancers around you.

You should also kill the rangers first, because they do the most damage.

At the queen round, as soon as you're ready, collect 8 mushroom spines (or however they're called) to waste less time later.

Collector:

I think you should just get a full inventory and a full hopper. When both are full you're done, because you got the maxime eggs possible.

Eggs shouldn't be shot. Only the runners if the defence reall sucks, because you won't get points for penancers who are killed with eggs.

Don't use the converter. You'll lose points -because you collect less eggs- and you're not going to shoot the eggs anyway.

The rumor the converted and destroyed eggs still count for points is wrong. You only get points for the amount of eggs you have at the end of the game (either in your inventory or hopper).

The collector is the only one who can do the wrong thing without any kind of penalty. Use this as an advantage, if both your inventory and hopper are full. Just keep getting eggs and let the healer heal you. This generates a lot of points.

Personally I also like to get a lower level (around 70) as a collector. He doesn't have any responcibilty, it's hard to screw up and he needs lots of healing. As long as he calls good, it's perfectly fine.

On low waves I also like 2 collecors the most. Together they can get even more eggs! (This only counts ofcourse if all the other members are good enough at their roles.)

Healer:

No comments :wink:

One other note: Pictures!

To Flave0falcon:

How did you get all those eggs? I tried destroying them, converting them and just getting more with a full inventory, but I never got more eggs then possible in both my inventory and hopper together. Maybe I'm wrong though.

well you are a little wrong in some places...

defender tips are great except add a diffrent methode for wave 10 because tehre is no east launcher so its way easier i just stock up put 3 of the correct bait on east trap go grab 2 logs and hammer and then just keep calling and fix and put bait whenever needed until all die

the attacker thing that rangers do more damage...actualy fighters are stronger and have higher hits but still you should kill rangers first because :

A)they can hit through the others while you (usualy) dont find more than 2 fighters on the same spot

B)since its easier to melee as attacker and there is the combat triangle rangers are killed faster and speed is very important especialy on queen wave

about the collector you are really wrong because i always fill up invy go to launcher fill it and keep filling invy until both launcher and invy are full which is where i either destory and keep picking or convert eggs (if there are many eggs i usualy prefer converting)

and about the no penality thing on collector thats also wrong...you are right you dont lose points but you dont earn any either because if you pick for example 1 correct and 1 incorrect its like you picked none so thats no true either

and 1 last thing...shooting eggs DOES COUNT! most people think it doesnt but it really doesnt matter i have checked and you get same points no matter if the defender killed them or eggs were shot because you get points if runners got killed not if they got killed by the defender

About the attacker: I found the rangers doing more damage, because they keep shooting 95% of their life time, while fighters waste a lot of time walking around attacking no one. Also rangers are easier to kill, because they have a lower combat level. But we agree on this point.

Collector role: I don't have much experience with it. I think I only got around 1900 points as a collector, while I got multiplies of that at the other roles. That's because I'm always the role which is short of and there are mostly plenty of collectors. So maybe I was wrong, I'll try next time.

Defending: Yes, you obviously need an other tactic, but that's so incredible easy compared to "normal" defending, I thought it was pretty unnecessary.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

About the attacker: I found the rangers doing more damage, because they keep shooting 95% of their life time, while fighters waste a lot of time walking around attacking no one. Also rangers are easier to kill, because they have a lower combat level. But we agree on this point.

Collector role: I don't have much experience with it. I think I only got around 1900 points as a collector, while I got multiplies of that at the other roles. That's because I'm always the role which is short of and there are mostly plenty of collectors. So maybe I was wrong, I'll try next time.

Defending: Yes, you obviously need an other tactic, but that's so incredible easy compared to "normal" defending, I thought it was pretty unnecessary.

actualy i like your defender tactic...mine was lame and i never was a good defender except for queen wave...

• 2 weeks later...
Good for a first guide, but I find all BA guides confusing, I just do not get how you play.

Just add some pictures and it should be a good guide.

If you read what I posted few posts ago you will see I said it's not a good idea to read guides before playing but first learn how to play (without any tips and such) and don't start with more complicated roles (like defender because defender is hardest or healer that has 2 tasks).

After you got to know the game, killed the queen atleast once and passed atleast 1 wave playing each role you can start reading guides with tips (ofcours you can do taht before I just suggest that because it will be less confusing.