Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Saidin, to fix that green fret problem, take a rubber band and hook it on the strap nub thats on the neck to the strap nub that's straight down from the neck one (below the start/back buttons). Make sure it's tight, that should fix it.

I had to read that five or six times before I understood what you were saying :lol:

I'll have to try that tomorrow, as my blue button has been screwing with me for ages. I was going to get a second guitar, but if your fix works I might not fork over the $70, with GHWT coming out and all.

If that doesn't work, you might be able to post pics of the inside of your guitar and I might be able to see what's wrong. I've been getting into instrument modding recently. Even if there's no way to fix it, don't buy another guitar. The GHWT guitar is going to be [bleep]ing epic. So epic, me, a Harmonix fanboy can't wait to buy it :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i did to fix it was cut a credit card in half and put it in with the neck so it is tighter

I should try that, my blue fret has been messing with me since Friday and I've tried the rubber-band and paper trick but neither worked for me.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I posted about a week ago saying that I'd just gotten the game. Well, in this last week, I've made some progress, but compared to the posts here..... jeez, everyone here is like a freaking god.

My progress is like this: No FCs (not even on easy, but I've been playing that lefty), and 5 stars on all but 5 setlist songs on Hard: Knights of Cydonia (3*), 3s & 7s (3*), One (4*), Raining Blood (4*), and Number of the Beast (4*). I haven't taken any screenshots, as some scores are only good enough to get 5 stars, and I don't feel those are that noteworthy.

Now, is that good for just playing a week, or should I be doing better?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

if thats your first week of playing then thats amazingly good. At the end of my first week my biggest accomplishment was being able to pass 1 song on hard. How much have you been playing per day?

I've probably played at 30-40 hours in the last week, so between 4 and 6 hours a day.

Now, I had played Rock Band and GH3 before I got it, but that was only at a friend's house and probably didn't add up to the amount of time I've played in this last week, so it's not like I'd never played before. I managed to go from not knowing how to play to getting 90+% on medium guitar within about 1 hour of playing Rock Band. All in all, I probably played only about 20 hours of Rock Band/GH3 before, however. (and I played RB with the strat, so that barely helped me improve).

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

ah, the first week I played it was probably for about half an hour a day, if that. I didnt actually own a GH game until about 6 months after I first played one, and having played on average about 10 minutes a day for those 6 months I was on expert when I first got GH3.

Tk5SF.png

Guitarhero.com continues not to work for me. I have no idea what's up, because it doesn't work on my laptop either. So I guess for now on someone will have to post scores untill I can figure out what's going on. Sorry fellas.

Oh, Don't forget to update overall standings as well. (although I doubt anyone is going to catch Saidin :P )

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Guitarhero.com continues not to work for me. I have no idea what's up, because it doesn't work on my laptop either. So I guess for now on someone will have to post scores untill I can figure out what's going on. Sorry fellas.

Oh, Don't forget to update overall standings as well. (although I doubt anyone is going to catch Saidin :P )

I could've had a slim chance to catch up to him if I didn't miss two songs :( ah well, I'll try and clinch second ;)

1. Bongo_Man - 601,292

2. SaidinWoT - 579,985

3. Bballchamp23 - 450,728

Next Song: She Bangs the Drums?? this is just a guess btw lol.

FMAsig.jpg

i got gh3 i got 98% on through fire and flames on expert XD go me!

Blackaddy65.png

Dragon Drops: 2 left half, 1 right half, 2 D2H ,3 dradon med, 2 dragon pleatelegs, 3 dragon plateskirt.

armadyl drop: 1 plate shared between 4.

Zamorak drop: 3 spears.

Barrows Drops: 2 Guthan's spears, 2 Dhorak's helm, 1ahrim's, hood, 1ahrim's body, 1ahrim's legs, 1ahrim's staff, 3 torag's hammers.

KBD: share of vissage.

Total cash from drops made: approx 32425000gp

how can i get a pik?

happened last night.. n was a fluke probz

Blackaddy65.png

Dragon Drops: 2 left half, 1 right half, 2 D2H ,3 dradon med, 2 dragon pleatelegs, 3 dragon plateskirt.

Barrows Drops: 2 Guthan's spears, 2 Dhorak's helm, 1ahrim's, hood, 1ahrim's body, 1ahrim's legs, 1ahrim's staff, 3 torag's hammers.

The credit card method fixed my blue button \' Promptly FCed Hit Me With Your Best Shot, and choked so many times on Talk Dirty to Me that I gave up. I'll post some of the pics when I get more of the FCs that are just waiting for me, including . . .

Suck My Kiss

Reptilia

Talk Dirty To Me

Sunshine of Your Love

Bulls on Parade

Anarchy in the UK

Even Flow

Avalancha

She Bangs the Drums

To be added to my list of songs already FCed:

Closer

Metal Heavy Lady

Radio Song

Generation Rock

Ruby

Sabotage

Slow Ride

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Story of My Life

Mississippi Queen

When You Were Young

Miss Murder

Lay Down

My Name Is Jonas

p2gq.jpg

Next song is actually Sabotage...

So yeah, my green fret is pure evil. I tried rubberband... didn't do anything useful. I can't open up the guitar because I don't have the wonderful screwdriver necessary to get at those screws (yay rounded, shallow evil). It dropping randomly ruined a Rock You Like A Hurricane FC (FCed everything besides the dropped greens), a Down 'N Dirty FC (same thing), damaged my score for Black Magic Woman (I got -3 on my own... green fret contributed another -4, and dropped plenty of holds), and destroyed an excellent FCPREMIX run (-2 up to Mosh Solo, at which point it dropped... the first half of mosh solo is 2/3 green, the rest are hammerons which I hit as hammerons, not as strummed notes). EVIL >_>

I did manage to still improve things despite its attempts to make me hate it...

I finally FCed Mauvais Garcon, failing miserably to get any squeezes... I will absolutely hate when I go back to redux, which will inevitably happen if I keep trying to move up the ranks.

[hide=Mauvais Garcon]MauvaisGarcon.png[/hide]

I did improve my Down 'N Dirty score, even if I didn't get a FC... my best run actually did involve me missing, not the green, but other runs were only misses due to the green dropping...

[hide=Down 'N Dirty]DownNDirty.png[/hide]

Finally, I decided to stick Black Magic Woman in practice and see if I could figure out the fast strumming... I did indeed, and managed to improve my score:

[hide=Black Magic Woman]BlackMagicWoman-1.png[/hide]

Besides actual improvements, I proved I can FC Mosh 1 (the very last green dropped, making me miss the last descending thing), I FCed Flood! on Slower and nearly got the FC on Slow (one-handed), FCed Mosh!!! and Mosh Solo in the same run on practice just to prove that I could if the green would be nice, and FCed Start Soloing! on my first run of it in practice... the only thing I hadn't actually done before was Mosh 1, but it's nice to know I haven't lost those others...

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

You have no idea how many times I've choked on Bulls on Parade. When I was trying to FC it one day, I swear to god I choked 5 times in a row in 5 different spots.

when I was going for that FC I always always always missed in the exact same spot in the solo and never anywhere else.

Tk5SF.png

Could someone more accurately describe/post pics of where to put the card? I'm slow :(

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... ix1bo6.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... ix2tw8.jpg

^ I just realised that the card was still valid...

She Bangs the Drums

8-)

FMAsig.jpg

Thanks Bongo. I'll try to figure out what's going on soon.

Pics or it didn't happen.

well how can i get a pik when

a) it happened last night

and B) as i said it was a fluke coz ive had a go again and i only got 85% =/

Blackaddy65.png

Thanks Bongo. I'll try to figure out what's going on soon.

Pics or it didn't happen.

well how can i get a pik when

a) it happened last night

and B) as i said it was a fluke coz ive had a go again and i only got 85% =/

One from the setlist showing the score would do. We can estimate the percent from the score. ;)

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I was fooling around playing some songs today. My score on Hier Kommt Alex was only 303k, I improved it to 350k on like a -12ish run :twss: . Its kinda funny, my first run on it was 245k, then 303k, now my 3rd ever run is 350k. Ive been improving 50k a run \' . I also miserably failed Raining Blood's mosh 1 about 10 times in a row, with star power. I cant seem to replicate my amazingness at it the day i unlocked it in career. On that day, I managed to beat the song W/O sp on Mosh 1. I need to practice hammer-ons more...

Finally 5-starred One (that took way too long, but for half the time I had a sticky strum bar). Next on my list is NotB. I've had some improvement, but I'm still 30k off of the 5-star.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.