Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

FINALLY got this damn Ramblin' Man video up.

UEzU5DDJh0M

As it says in the description, SP sucks, but that first solo was pissing me off.

p2gq.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before reading my wall of text, some recent GH news:

McSkinny took first on GH1 today by FCing Bark at the Moon and getting 1st on it.

Undead became the first person to break 24.8m on GH3 by getting ticks on Kool Thing.

Phenom FCed One, becoming the first person to FC all of GH3 INCLUDING downloadable content.

On the topic of Phenom's massive spread in DLC, I've outsqueezed Phenom on most songs that I've FCed (almost every time that I've failed to do so, the FC is from before I started squeezing). However, just out of the Dragonforce, Virtuouso, Boss Battle, and Metallica packs alone, he has a giant lead on me:

Him vs. Me on those packs alone

Tom Morello Battle: +75,969

Slash Battle: +61,944

DWDTG: +308,061 (LOL >_>)

SWTA: +83,021

FtLoG: +84,110

Soothsayer: +183,659

HooT: +185,265

OGaP: +124,208

RevDS: +244,532

TWJYL: +1,786 (I've 100%ed this with overstrum, hence the close spread)

TEotL: -16,071 (yay, something I've FCed!)

BB&S: +14,556 (I can FC this and will definitely pass him whenever I finally do)

TDTNC: +123,676

ANL: +37,426

Cyanide: +4,168 (Can definitely FC this and will DEFINITELY pass him on it... I hate my guitar for doublestrumming so much >_>)

TU3: -22,824 (yay, I have 2nd on this)

TJK: +62,193

S&HJH: -4,375 (guitar doublestrums have stopped me from FCing this, yet I'm still doing better on it :))

S&HKH: -14,524 (stupid mistakes on my part have stopped me from FCing this one, yet I have a better score)

MyApoc: +119,907

Just in those 4 packs alone, he has a 1,656,687 point lead on me. His overall lead on me in the category is 1,733,718 points.

Lacking FCs goes a LONG way in points, especially on the point-filled songs.

Now that I'm done comparing myself to someone I'll never beat, my recent achievements:

Hole in the Earth non-FC (77th/80th) - 349,649 - The only part of this that counts as an achievement is that this was my worst ranked song, and now it isn't. I still can't strum the right speed in that stupid strumming section.

Antisocial FC (2nd/2nd) - 408,934 - I dropped a hold and missed two squeezes that I have hit before in this, but I choked a ton so I didn't try for a redux

Suck My Kiss ReFC (9th/15th) - 265,183 - Missed the last squeeze, didn't attempt the second. Annoying song.

Close ReFC (86th/131st) - 277,558 - LIEK TEH PMG I GOTZ 4 MOAR POINTZ!! I hate playing this song.

Slither non-FC (28th/29th) - 329,540 - I FCed my choke points in practice so many times, but I got tired of screwing up in real runs. This was most likely a -2. I can and will FC later (this is one of the songs that Phenom is beating me in!)

Motorhead non-FC (9th/9th) - 400,594 - Whenever I finally FC this, it'll be a pretty good rank. I got at least 15 -1s today, all in different spots. I got tired of it.

Excuse Me Mr. non-FC (41st/43rd) - 330,019 - I only played through this all the way once, didn't feel like trying anymore after that. Just another case of raising my rank

Suicide & Redemption J.H. non-FC (24th/28th) - 698,750 - MY GUITAR DOUBLESTRUMMED SO MANY FREAKING TIMES >_> this would have been a FC if my guitar weren't being stupid

The Judas Kiss non-FC (25th/25th) - 667,578 - Did one run before stopping for today just to improve the score. Doublestrums ruined a few things, stupidity a few more things, and inability to strum accurately at about 20 NPS didn't help much either. I can technically FC this, as I can strum that fast.

All in all, I am now within 100k points of taking 5th for overall (already have 5th on 360) and within 200k of taking 4th for 360/overall with plenty of points just lying around waiting to be taken in a number of songs. With all that said, I need sleep. I intend to keep working on the songs that I am ranked lowly on (though I'm focusing mainly on DLC first, ignoring career songs). My current lowest global rank on any DLC song is 195th on Tom Morello Guitar Battle, lowest on career being 412th on Number of the Beast.

Since I feel like doing a bit more rambling, have a list of songs that I can FC (have technical FCs* on all of them) but probably won't in the near future because I'm choke-tastic:

Cult of Personality

Number of the Beast

Don't Hold Back

FCPREMIX

Nothing for Me Here

The Way It Ends

All My Life

Slither

She Builds Quick Machines

Putting Holes in Happiness

Sleeping Giant

Peace of Mind

Excuse Me Mr.

Hole in the Earth

Famous for Nothing

(F)lannigan's Ball

Photograph (Live)

Motorhead

I Am Murloc

Cyanide

Suicide & Redemption J.H.

Suicide & Redemption K.H.

That Was Just Your Life

The End of the Line

And the shorter list of songs that I can hit everything in (all of the hard phrases hit in their entirety, such as each individual phrase of Flood! in Raining Blood, but not the entire section), and thus could FC with a lot more work:

Raining Blood

Tom Morello Guitar Battle (Okay, I don't have a FC of the last section yet, but it's not that difficult, I've just literally never attempted it in practice)

Ernten Was Wir Saen

We Three Kings

Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya (Have hit it all, lolno at playing that song a million times just to choke at the end over and over - would have to get far more consistent before even thinking about it)

Rock of Ages (Live)

For the Love of God (Yep, hit all phrases in their entirety, just never in the same run)

The Day That Never Comes (Have hit the hardcore riff one-handed. Doing it multiple times in the same run remains highly unlikely)

Broken, Beat & Scarred

All Nightmare Long

The Judas Kiss

And just to make this post that much longer, I'm exactly 2 sections away from technical FCs of both Operation Ground and Pound and Slash Guitar Battle.

So basically I'm capable of FCing a crapload of songs, I just suck at actually doing so. Yay!

*a technical FC is having FCed every section, but not in the same run - it counts for nothing besides the fact that you could FC it if you were consistent

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

If we're going on technical FCs then I have a bucket load of those :P

Hit me with your best shot

Rock And roll all nite

The Seeker

Anarchy in the UK

Kool thing

Even Flow

La grange

Welcome to the Jungle

Black magic Woman

Cherub Rock (LOL)

The Metal (Blah)

Pride and Joy

I would put One here but I've yet to FC FSA (Best is 95%), have FCed the rest of it though, numerous times (Just not in the same run lol, I always get fed up after missing one note in FSA :P)

Suck My Kiss

cities on Flame (I've choked on this song about 10 times)

Go That Far

Down N' Dirty

Radio Song (Yes, I've yet to FC this)

Tina

Halo Theme

Antisocial

Pretty Handsome Awkward (Choked on the outro once then immediately FCed the outro in practice -.-)

Almost Easy

Stay Clean

Shoot the runner

I Predict a Riot

Yellow

I am Murloc

S&R (Both of them)

The Unforgiven

Then a bunch I could get with practice (All nightmare long etc.) and a bunch of the others I could probably FC I just don't play them.

*goes off to play GH3*

WT FC's #17-19.

SchismFC.png

AggroFC.png

TMTYTFFC.png

Brings my total between all games up to 43 I think. Only FC I've bothered to get on GH:A is Dream On lawl.

p2gq.jpg

FC'd Dream On on GHIII last night. 2nd FC ever. Yaaaay.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

First time I've bothered with getting a pic in a while! Got 1st on For the Love of God on the Hard Difficulty. Thinking about trying to claim first on GH3H DLC without even submitting scores on all the songs - I do believe it is quite possible. We'll see.

For the Love of God (1st/1st) - 253,580 (+28 over Lemon <3)

ForTheLoveOfGodH.png

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

5-6 mates + tv power adapter not the strongest in the world = me without a tv for a few weeks now, and it is literally impossible to find even a similar power adapter, which means if I can't find an electritian who can repair it I'll have to get a new one :x

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

WT FCs #20-22

JokerFC.png

HMNSFC.png

BotRFC.png

GH:A FCs #4 & 5

UncleSaltyFC.png

MakeItFC.png

Just going down the setlist for GH:A. I'll have Draw The Line soon and that will be set 1 FCed.

p2gq.jpg

I juts looked up your WoC score. 45th Wii. Fail. :P

I know. On the last chorus I usually whammy the sustained green note to get another Star Power for the very end but I didn't that time just so I wouldn't mess up. ;) That would be why.

I only improved my -1 score by like 2k. (on the -1 I whammied the green)

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Because a single DLC 1st isn't enough to get anyone to care, have a full pack of 1sts!

FamousForNothingH.png

FlannigansBallH.png

JohnnyIHardlyKnewYaH.png

JIHKY was a tie, though I *think* it might be possible to get another squeeze and get that 1st all for myself. Other two were won by ticks (+56 on FFN, +16 on FB)

Going for the No Doubt Pack next, just because a friend from SH suggested it...

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Hey nice to see this here. I signed up for the tour group (gglpresidente) after reading some of the posts it looks like this is like score hero where im a good player when compared against my friends but below average here lol.

heroclixplay.png

heroclixplay.png

heroclixplay.pngVisage!!! 24/1/08

Fire cape acheived 8:48 pm 9/10/07

Hey nice to see this here. I signed up for the tour group (gglpresidente) after reading some of the posts it looks like this is like score hero where im a good player when compared against my friends but below average here lol.

Confirmed. ::'

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

WT FCs #23-26

HailtotheFreaksFC.png

RooftopsFC.png

GoodGodFC.png

FrakOnALeashFC.png

GH:A FCs #6 & 7

DrawtheLineFC.png

SexTypeThingFC.png

That's set 1 of GH:A FC'ed with Draw the Line. Only 5-star I have left to get is the Joe Perry Guitar Battle. I'm close.

I am on a roll.

EDIT: Those are all pretty good scores. Good God is 26th on Wii and 87th overall 0_o

p2gq.jpg

Twas depressing that a full pack 1st was not worth a single comment, so here's two packs and a random extra song (all on Hard still... I'm tired of Expert at the moment, excepting random PFOs)

[hide=No Doubt Pack]ExcuseMeMrH.png

DontSpeakH.png

SundayMorningH.png[/hide]

[hide=Motorhead Pack]StayCleanH.png

WeAreTheRoadCrewH.png

MotorheadH.png[/hide]

[hide=Rock of Ages]RockO[bleep]esH.png[/hide]

I also got 2nd on Photograph (Live) today, but I'm going to try to redux for 1st before putting it on ScoreHero. The score was 279,649, 28 points below Piso's 1st place.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Twas depressing that a full pack 1st was not worth a single comment, so here's two packs and a random extra song (all on Hard still... I'm tired of Expert at the moment, excepting random PFOs)

[hide=No Doubt Pack]ExcuseMeMrH.png

DontSpeakH.png

SundayMorningH.png[/hide]

[hide=Motorhead Pack]StayCleanH.png

WeAreTheRoadCrewH.png

MotorheadH.png[/hide]

[hide=Rock of Ages]RockO[bleep]esH.png[/hide]

I also got 2nd on Photograph (Live) today, but I'm going to try to redux for 1st before putting it on ScoreHero. The score was 279,649, 28 points below Piso's 1st place.

I told you you would rip up Hard mode if you played it :P (I did tell you that...right :shock: ? lol) By the way, what's the news on TDWDTG? I know you have the skill to FC every section, but do you think you could put it together all in one run and manage the FC?

As for me, I finally FC'd Scream Aim Fire for my 70th WT FC!

[hide=Scream Aim Fire FC #70!!!]ScreamAimFire--Expert100--475564.jpg[/hide]

I had a few post-Solo D chokes, with one being in 'SPAM!' -_- Oh well, it's finally over...I'm hoping to get Trapped Under Ice, No Sleep Till Brooklyn, or Beat It for my next FC.

And congrats on the FC's NOM, especially Freak On A Leash, I can't bear to play that song more than twice in a row =\

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]