Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Frankenstein on drums.

that has no vocals, fat chance it'll be on.

Satch Boogie abd Anything have no vocals. Well, one can hope.

hah, listen to a full band run of SB, theres vocals alright :D.

It's just crowd-pleasing stuff, you can't fail and no points are earned. I should know, I got like 220k on it with two of my brother's friends on medium bass and vocals -.-

Although now that I think of it there are some weird vocals on the CD version of Anything. I haven't heard them on the GH version, but maybe that's just because I hear the guitar almost exclusively.

p2gq.jpg

Confirmed songs so far:

Alice in Chains - Them Bones

Queen - Killer Queen

Poison - Nothin' But A Good Time

Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the Name

Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts - I Love Rock N Roll

Heart - Barracuda

Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames (Imagine expert+ drums :shock: )

http://wii.ign.com/articles/959/959439p1.html

Cant complain so far, just waiting for Raining blood, Six and Jordan. Please, please, please. :ohnoes:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Wow that tournament was sick! Our line up was:

Drums - Hellashes

Vocals - Tobias911

Bass - Me

Guitar - My Friend

As expected, we didn't lose one song. The format was kind of confusing so I'm not going to try to explain it but basically we played 6 songs in regular rounds, then the top 4 bands went to the finals and each picked one song for all 4 bands to play. Whoever got the top score in a song got 3 points, second place 2 points, third place 1 point, last place 0 points. The final four songs were:

Cool for Cats

Panic Attack

Bodhissatva

Hysteria

Luckily we got to play them all on the no-lag TV (there was a non-HD 22" monitor and a big plasma TV which had a ton of lag), and basically dominated all the other bands on every song except Bodhissatva which we won by like 3k. Also in the regular rounds we played Constant Motion and got 3.1M with no practice and a terrible path. I hope that next time Hellashes will be able to come and we'll have the same band :D

Can someone help me? In the music store for GH:WT it shows that we've bought songs but those songs haven't been added to set list and haven't come up with the message in the PS3 menu either :cry: It also shows another track pack in the music store as we haven't bought it yet it has been added to my set list :? So is there anyway to show if we've downloaded them or if they're in some kind of download queue on the PS3?

So, I went to get Guitar Hero 2 and the controller for it at Gamestop (don't have any guitar hero since I sold my wii and games 2 months ago for an xbow 30); it was going to cost $60 for the game and new controller. They had a sale thing thougm, buy GH: Aero (game only) and get a new gh2 guitar free. GH: Aero was $30, so free game and saved $10 for me :D

On GH2 I already beat Expert career, all songs 4*+'ed on sightread (almost failed freedbird, but passed it sightread :twss: ).

Then i tried Jordan for the first timte ever, holy [cabbage]. I made it to 50% before failing. Solo B is [bleep]ing crazy. I guess i'll spend the next couple weeks just maxing out Gamerscore and trying ot beat Jordan on this, then move to GH: Aerosmith and beat that :)

I have had so many yes and nos, now can someone please answer. Are Rock Band 1 drums compatible with GH WT on the Xbox 360?

Also in that Slayer vid the drums looked easy. :lol:

Yes, they're compatible. Can't use SP though :wall:

Of course you can use star power, you just hit the blue / yellow at the same time.

I have had so many yes and nos, now can someone please answer. Are Rock Band 1 drums compatible with GH WT on the Xbox 360?

Of course you can use star power, you just hit the blue / yellow at the same time.

That explains it!

The one thing I always wonder, who thought it would be a good idea to make you hit two unrelated pads at the same time for SP? If you're failing a song it would be better to hit the right notes, if you want a high multiplier you'll probably miss/combo break along the way...

That explains it!

The one thing I always wonder, who thought it would be a good idea to make you hit two unrelated pads at the same time for SP? If you're failing a song it would be better to hit the right notes, if you want a high multiplier you'll probably miss/combo break along the way...

I'm pretty sure it auto-hits the next note for you when you activate. But either way, you're right it's a terrible idea and it makes World Tour even worse of a game. I think they kept it the same for Metallica too, so good luck hitting 100NPS bass and crazy patterns while activating #-o

EDIT:

HOLY MOTHER OF FREAKING CHRIST

[yt]m0Xw6Ci1AZE[/yt]

Guitar Hero tournament on Friday at my school. I am unsure of any decent players except one who has FCed RaBl.

What should I play for a top score, any recommendations? I can't do Mauvais Garcon, TWIE, TTL or TTFAF (Just need that intro!) however and I'm not consistent on the intro to CoD so it will be a waste.

I'm thinking of CoP because of the 'WTFOMG' factor I will get when the scrubs see the solos but I'm not sure.

EDIT: GH3 only :)

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Guitar Hero tournament on Friday at my school. I am unsure of any decent players except one who has FCed RaBl.

What should I play for a top score, any recommendations? I can't do Mauvais Garcon, TWIE, TTL or TTFAF (Just need that intro!) however and I'm not consistent on the intro to CoD so it will be a waste.

I'm thinking of CoP because of the 'WTFOMG' factor I will get when the scrubs see the solos but I'm not sure.

EDIT: GH3 only :)

Damn, I wish my school did Guitar Hero tournaments. :wall: I'm like the best person people know for Guitar Hero(within people I know in person).

It just depends on what you're good at. My highest score I ever got on a GHIII song was on "Cherub Rock".

If I needed something for "WTFOMG" factor, I'd do "Stricken" or "Before I Forget"... my friend freaked out when I did the bridge perfectly on "Before I Forget". \'

"Stricken", I just get like 400,000+ playing Hyperspeed 5 on Expert.

But all in all, it's just your preference of what you do best in.

Anyways, beat every song on Guitar Hero World Tour today. \' BYOB seemed easier than when I last played it. :-k

Got my first Expert FC today, Monsoon :D

I think I'm one of the only people in my school who can play expert on guitar hero, so I think I'd do ok in a tourney ::' How i wish my school had them...

My school only has Brawl tournaments >_>

I recently learned that there are quite a few "popular" kids that can play on Expert but only play GH3. I was talking to one kid who's in my tennis clinic and he was saying how he and someone else almost passed TTFAF on Expert, and I said I could easily pass it. He asked how I did the intro and I started playing it on the handle of my tennis racket and he was like, "OH MY GOD YOU CAN FINGER TAP!?"

I don't understand why people say "finger tap"... :? What else would I tap with?

The intro to TTFAF is easy for me now . . . I do it one-handed. Can't keep a combo but I can pass it every time. If I fail it's on the solos. I hear people all the time going "Well I could beat TTFAF if I could just do the intro." Uh. Right. Solos? They're not exactly cake.

p2gq.jpg

The intro to TTFAF is easy for me now . . . I do it one-handed. Can't keep a combo but I can pass it every time. If I fail it's on the solos. I hear people all the time going "Well I could beat TTFAF if I could just do the intro." Uh. Right. Solos? They're not exactly cake.

I really recommend learning to tap. It really isn't that hard if you start to learn once your good, and it has so many benefits.

I really recommend learning to tap. It really isn't that hard if you start to learn once your good, and it has so many benefits.

How the hell do you strum whilst doing it? :wall: Never figured it out.

How the hell do you strum whilst doing it? :wall: Never figured it out.

You don't need to strum unless you miss, and then you can just elbow strum. Although if I miss in the intro I just restart :o

I tried learning to tap the TTFAF intro, just couldn't ever find a good way to do it so I stuck with one-handed. I'll be able to combo it soon, just need to work on hitting the reds. I can sort of tap You Rock! (as in knowing how but not always succeeding.) The slider notes on WT have helped me a lot with tapping since I don't have to flail my elbow like a chicken wing from missing notes when I first try to learn a section. Demolition Man is a good one for it.

CoD is still the only thing I can tap consistently :lol:

p2gq.jpg

My arms are too long to tap D:

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.