Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They changed the tapping in TTFAF every so slightly. How incredibly annoying is that? It shouldn't be hard at all to switch methods but still...

I'm trading in RB1 (since RttH is on RB2 now), and GH:World Tour towards my purchase of Smash Hits. A lot of the guitar charts look really fun. Like BatH, PF, TTFAF, RainBlood, ect.

Just got Smash Hits, about to play it.

Hyperspeed cheat hasn't been found yet though which means I'll fail badly lol.

Will let you know how I get on. Wonder how many 1sts I'll get in this =P

They changed the tapping in TTFAF every so slightly. How incredibly annoying is that? It shouldn't be hard at all to switch methods but still....

They have slider notes EVERYWHERE, even when they're not necessary at all. Whose idea was it to have the last note in Raining Blood be a 5-note chord AND a star power phrase? What happened to the trills in Flood!? Idiots. I've only seen two charts though, so that's my semi-biased opinion.

Dark, how are the charts for the first two tiers? If they're not horrible, I'll give this game another chance.

Explain.png

They changed the tapping in TTFAF every so slightly. How incredibly annoying is that? It shouldn't be hard at all to switch methods but still....

They have slider notes EVERYWHERE, even when they're not necessary at all. Whose idea was it to have the last note in Raining Blood be a 5-note chord AND a star power phrase? What happened to the trills in Flood!? Idiots. I've only seen two charts though, so that's my semi-biased opinion.

Dark, how are the charts for the first two tiers? If they're not horrible, I'll give this game another chance.

Charts are... bleh. You have to stretch A LOT (a lot of green --> orange activity) a lot more than the previous games. My inability to read charts without hyperspeed is probably making it worse and I won't make a judgement until someone finds the hyperspeed code.

Recording some expert guitar charts.

I can't play without hyperspeed, I don't normally suck this much.

Psychobilly Freakout -

Play With Me -

Stop! -

Beast and the Harlot -

More videos coming soon (will edit)

I don't get the hate on the new charts. It's like people are just stuck on the old ones and balk at every little change.

Stuff like Psychobilly Freakout just looks idiotic (a lot like Hot For Teacher TBH) but I don't have a problem with most of the things I've seen.

The 5-note SP chord in RaBl is probably a joke. With the thunder and all. I lol'd.

p2gq.jpg

Got 18 GH:SH videos on my YouTube channel atm, will probably have more later. http://www.youtube.com/user/darkdude98

Too lazy to link them all from here.

All of them are played crap though, hate not having Hyperspeed, especially as I play with HS4 so having none is a huge difference.

5*'ed Blinded by Fear (expert drums) :thumbsup:

I had a 388 note streak which was under Overdrive for a part of it, and in the fast part, which was insanely epic.

Your signature makes me feel like i'm on SH whenever I see it :lol:

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Decided to play some GH:M while the GH:SM hyperspeed code is still not found.

5*ed Hit the Lights and War Ensemble leaving me just 3 songs left to 5*; Dyer's Eve, Fight fire with Fire and My Apocalypse left to 5* :)

Got over 500k for the first time in One last night in a PFO, just had 1k note streak before losing it in the darkness riffs.

Got a new FC too, Fuel, one of my favourite Metallica songs, was surprised to get it.

Working on FCing The Shortest Straw atm, so damn close and of course both S&Rs :(

Rented GH:SH. Played through the first four sets. Sightread FC'ed Smoke On the Water and Woman (I got bored on RaRAN and stopped paying attention, shut up >_>. Also, didn't play I Love Rock and Roll.)

Could have had more FC's but made a lot of dumb mistakes. I FC'ed the solo of the Motley Crue song only to screw up on one of the riffs later. FML.

p2gq.jpg

Rented GH:SH. Played through the first four sets. Sightread FC'ed Smoke On the Water and Woman (I got bored on RaRAN and stopped paying attention, shut up >_>. Also, didn't play I Love Rock and Roll.)

Could have had more FC's but made a lot of dumb mistakes. I FC'ed the solo of the Motley Crue song only to screw up on one of the riffs later. FML.

You just couldn't wait, could you? :roll:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I finally bought a decent drumset before (only had the MadCatz portable kit before, using it rarely because its sensitivity was horrible), so I might become good at drums yet. I've already FC'd one song on Expert, but it doesn't count because it was Charlene.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I wanted to get a jump on it. It's not due back till noon on Sunday. I figured you'd be back by then.

If you're not there's still Metallica :P

New version of TTFAF sucks. My score was embarrassing. Taking out all the hammer-ons in the Grinding Scales, what were they thinking? Also, Psychobilly Freakout has to be one of the worst songs ever.

p2gq.jpg

I wanted to get a jump on it. It's not due back till noon on Sunday. I figured you'd be back by then.

If you're not there's still Metallica :P

I'm due back Friday evening, but Saturday I'll be at the Reds game all day. It's the Civil Rights game and my brother's team is sponsored by the Reds and we all got free tickets. We get to walk the field, meet some of the players, etc...[/off topic]

So Sunday would be the earliest.

I haven't heard much good from GH:SH so far. Is it really that bad?

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I don't think it's a bad game at all. The only charts I really dislike are for songs like Psychobilly, Caught In A Mosh, Stop!, RaBl, Play With Me. And those really aren't great songs anyway.

Most people are just whining that Beenox changed the charts. I never played the old ones so I don't care anyway, but looking at them there's not a whole lot to hold on to. Some of the GH 1 and 2 charts were pretty bad, plus they were covers. Reading Youtube comments for Woman to the effect of "OMG where's the solo this sucks!" actually made me angry.

p2gq.jpg