Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

I agree, More DLC less games.

DJHero. WTF?

If Activision learned from easy math, GH:WT has 85 songs I believe? for $50 on Wii $60 on 360/PS3.

DLC if NOT bought in a pack costs $2 each.

Now why would they keep making more DISC MEDIUM GAMES instead of DLC?

1) cheaper :lol:

2) some people don't like all of the songs for DLC. Yes, they probably would make more money off of some hit song, but the others could be a waste of time.

meh...my opinion -_-.

Now DJHero, (puts on techno).

You gotta give this a try, its like DDR, I thought it was stupid, but konami did its work btw the company should stick to DDR instead of competing against Activision and Harmonix (referring to Rock Revolution)

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was playing Rock Band earlier and got 10 100%s in a row :o (no restarting, one after another).

China cat Sunflower 1080 (First FC of this)

Perfekte Welle 444 (First FC of this too)

Are You gonna be my girl 573 (And This)

Mr. Brightside 1062 (This song hurts)

Hysteria 884 (First Guitar FC for this)

New 1120 (This song hurts too)

Wonderwall 1053 (First FC of this somehow)

Reptilia 863 (Had a 100% on this before, this was an FC)

Learn to Fly 744 (Overstrummed apparently, don't see how :s)

Gimme Three Steps 973 (Thought I'd miss during the solo)

That's 8796 notes hit without missing any (More if you include the end of the song before and the 150 or so of Don't Fear the Reaper before I choked :P)

No idea where they came from, and I have no idea how I didn't choke sooner (had my housemate "singing" on them right next to me really loudly lol).

I could probably have got more if I tired (and just picked easy songs, none of those are too hard although some have a few tricky parts and are easy to miss notes on).

Just finished a massive Rock Band 2 run myself.

I FC'ed every Warm-Up tier song and added a FC of Down With The Sickness and a Re-FC of De-Luxe to finish it off.

Now I'm working on the next tier down. I already have Drain You, Nine in the Afternoon, E-Pro, and I Was Wrong FC'ed from before.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I FC'ed the insane fill on Rob the Prez-O-Dent expert drums on full speed :thumbsup:

Once I get more consistent, I'm going for the song FC.

Also, one man band FC'ed Next to You (with an epic video)

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

First song releases for GH:5!

The Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil"

Bob Dylan "All Along The Watchtower"

The White Stripes "Blue Orchid"

Santana "No One To Depend On (LIVE)"

Vampire Weekend "A-Punk"

Tom Petty - "Runnin Down a Dream"

Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire"

Kings of Leon "Sex on Fire"

http://community.guitarhero.com/news_posts/213

GUITAR HERO® 5 TO EMPOWER FANS TO ROCK THE WAY THEY WANT WITH THE BIGGEST ARTISTS AND WIDEST ARRAY OF TODAYS ROCK TUNES AND CLASSIC HITS

The White Stripes, Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones, Santana and Johnny Cash Among the Artists Featured in Guitar Hero 5

Innovative Social and Competitive Gameplay Features Designed for All Levels of Expertise, Puts More Fun and Control in the Hands of Music Lovers

Santa Monica, CA May 18, 2009 Guitar Hero continues to re-define the music and gaming experience this Fall with the release of Guitar Hero 5. Featuring the best variety and biggest rock stars of today combined with classic rock anthems, Guitar Hero 5 is the latest installment of the worlds most popular music game. For the first time ever, players can customize the make-up of their band by rocking with any combination of instruments in-game: whether it be two guitars and two drums, or three guitars and a microphone, any combination is possible, allowing players to experience music their own way. Brand new, innovative, easy-to-use gameplay modes like Party Play and RockFest put fun, competition and control at center stage as fans tailor the Guitar Hero experience to match their personal style and interests. For extended hours of entertainment, downloadable content from Guitar Hero® World Tour will be compatible with the game and will automatically be updated to include all of the upgrades and enhancements of Guitar Hero 5.*

Guitar Hero 5 features the strongest, most varied set list to-date comprised of master tracks from 85 of the hottest bands of today and the biggest classic acts including; Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones, The White Stripes, Santana, Vampire Weekend, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, plus more than 25 artists from a variety of music genres that will be making their music video game debut.

Guitar Hero is the music platform for today because it celebrates the social nature of music and brings fans closer to the music and artists they love while allowing them to share and discover music with their friends, family and online communities, said Dan Rosensweig, president and chief executive officer of Guitar Hero.

Among the first-time-ever features of Guitar Hero 5 are: Party Play, where players can jump in or drop out of gameplay seamlessly; RockFest, a comprehensive competitive experience available featuring five new head-to-head modes playable online or in your living room; and the ability to play the entire set-list from the first time the game is turned on.

Guitar Hero 5 refines the player experience, enhances the art style and redesigns core features such as GHMusic StudioSM, making it the most accessible, fun-to-play and authentic experience for seasoned music gamers as well as first-time players. New innovations such as Band Moments, where bands are rewarded for hitting special note streams together and song challenges where gamers are tasked to play through a song a specific way, add a new competitive layer of excitement and accomplishment to the music rhythm genre.

Published by Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), Guitar Hero 5 is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and by Vicarious Visions for the Wii system from Nintendo. Budcat is developing Guitar Hero 5 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information about Guitar Hero 5, please visit GuitarHero.com

*Does not apply to a limited number of songs

http://community.guitarhero.com/news_posts/214

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Lame. I don't like top music or classics.

Have every guitar hero game... but I don't even know if I'll get this one.

Still 60 odd more tracks to be announce, should get better :ohnoes:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Haven't been doing anything with the game lately, mainly because of summative work piling up on me and my overall boredness of playing the game. I'm definitely not buying GH: Smash Hits or whatever they're naming it. Maybe I'll get back into the game over the summer more, but as of now it's all about old PS1 games \'

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire"

Well it's official, i will literally stab people to get this game.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Well, I have to sell all my GH Games for PS2(GH2, GH3, GH80s, GHA, and RB1) because we won't have the PS2 at the house anymore.

Good news: the PS2 wasn't in my room anymore anyways, and I didn't play at all because of that. So I'm using the money from these games being sold(along with others) to buy RB2 on the Wii, and probably GH3 and Aerosmith as well.(I would only get Aerosmith because at my Walmart, GH3 is $50, GHA is $45, and the dual pack, containing them both, is $40.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

See everyone talking about new games coming out....

No one has mentioned Rock Band the Beatles?

As legendary as the Beatles are, I'm not too excited about a whole game dedicated to them.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

As legendary as the Beatles are, I'm not too excited about a whole game dedicated to them.

Yeah I imagine every instrument would be VERY easy to pass on Expert. (Can anyone name a challenging Beatles drumming?)

Yeah I imagine every instrument would be VERY easy to pass on Expert. (Can anyone name a challenging Beatles drumming?)

Actually, this may be my chance to get a full game FC. =P~

:lol: :roll:

EDIT:More GH:VH song confirmations.

Van Halen - "Jump"

Van Halen - "Panama"

Van Halen - "Hot for Teacher"

Judas Priest - "Painkiller"

Tenacious D - "Master Exploder"

Weezer - "Dope Nose"

So, 1 repeat from GH:WT and 2 copies from RB2 so far. :?

Expert+ drums is going to be ridiculous. :shock: :twisted:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Lol I heard Jump on the radio today.

Uh, Come Together might be fun on drums for the rolls. Unless it's the Aerosmith version I'm thinking of.

p2gq.jpg

Borrowed this game for a while and had friends over on Saturday and Sunday night :)

Was pretty damn fun actually XD

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I'm doing a guitar-vocals band career alone. It really only works well on songs I know the lyrics to already, but for some reason even on Enter Sandman I only 3 stars. 5 on Creeping Death, though. :?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

L0L

Maiden DLC on June 9th!

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=398825#398825

Rock Band, obviously, since GH doesn't get anything good for DLC ever.

I'm extremely excited. This is probably the best DLC ever for Rock Band.

I mean, come on!

Run to the Hills (Master)

Number of the Beast (Master)

Aces High (epic)

I don't know any of the other songs (not really a Maiden fan, but the songs sound extremely fun). I can finally trade in Rock Band 1 (since I only have it for RttH)!

Still lookin' for some Wii players with some DLC on Rock Band! Don't be intimidated by my banner in the signature. I don't bite. :P I play guitar more than vocals anyway. Just drop me a line if you feel like playing!

Explain.png

If I ever remember to grab my friend code next time I play I'll post it here. I got a pm months ago from someone who wanted to play and I always forget to get my code. :wall:

Had a chance to play a bit of Rock Band 2 tonight. I FC'ed Pinball Wizard, my favorite song on the game considering I'm a big Who fan.

The Maiden DLC looks cool. I'm not a big fan, and I don't have any Wii Points left, but I may have to check it out someday. (I still want the Stevie Ray Vaughn DLC first though)

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy