Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I decided to waste my birthday money on Rockband II.

I'll be getting the drums and the game. Screw guitar, man. I got bored of it with Guitar Hero.

Gonna try my luck on drums. Wonder how hard that'll be. :lol:

Quick Question; On Wii, is the Guitar Hero guitars compatible with Rockband II? Just want to know. I don't really care, considering I want Rockband mostly for the drums.

I'll be getting the drums and the game. Screw guitar, man. I got bored of it with Guitar Hero.

Quick Question; On Wii, is the Guitar Hero guitars compatible with Rockband II? Just want to know. I don't really care, considering I want Rockband mostly for the drums.

The guitar hero controller works fine for me on the wii.

soldersig.jpg

Alright, thanks. I just want to try Panic Attack. :lol:

Noticed I do better with a Rock Band controller over a GH one ...

Ended up being the difference between passing Battery and failing it, unfortunately bad red note on it is somehow worse in GHM... To the point where holds frequently get dropped and it occasionally causes me to miss strings of notes.

Your red fret is dropping notes? I know how to fix it :thumbsup:

Get the right screwdriver that's used in the Les Paul (it's called a Torx T9 or something like that), take out the neck, unscrew the bottom three screws in the neck (the three farthest away from the bottom). You should be able to then move the green connector board up one "slot" so it's closer to the bottom. Screw the screws back in. Then put the neck back, it won't lock and it will be hard to push all the way in, but don't worry just push it all the way. Then I recommend stretching a rubber band tightly from the neck strap connector down to the bottom neck connector on the body.

I did this to my Les Paul when it was dropping a lot of orange and green notes around 2 months ago, and it's worked perfectly ever since.

Same reason why I'm getting the game. ::'

Also for Almost Easy

Anyways a while back i fc-ed Re-Education Through Labor. Surprised how easy it is afterwards :shock:

tipitmainsigjpg.jpg

you like pudding....me too

[hide=More Friend Codes coming soon -.- (some are now included cmon pm me

Or do would I do and just put some paper in there to jam the neck in place, I've currently got a couple of train tickets stuffed in it and it's been perfect.

A lot less hassle ;)

I saw you post that a while ago, and it didn't work for me

But yeah, it is a lot easier then my method, you should try that first :lol:

Same reason why I'm getting the game. ::'

Also for Almost Easy

Anyways a while back i fc-ed Re-Education Through Labor. Surprised how easy it is afterwards :shock:

I hate Re-Education. I always miss one damn note. :wall:

I'm playing well today for a change and playing some RB2.

So far today I've FCed Countdown to Insanity (Which is quite easy)... but with a path I made up on the spot was enough for 13th on Scorehero, 1.1k off 1st, guess my path was slightly off, then the rest was due to squeezing or something.

5*ed Damnation game finally, have been so close for so long (My best before was like 500 points off >_<).

Just doing random song until I find something interesting and playing it :P

Edit: New FC (Had FCed it on sightread but was in a band and have choked each time since), made up path as I went along and it's 5th on scorehero, highest I'm ranked for any song :P

That song hurts, my arm is numb now.

Borrowed Diesel's copy of RB2 and have played through most of it. I'm getting better with the rectangles but they still piss me off and my soloing remains inferior to WT. So hard to judge speed.

Pretty sure I've 5-starred everything so far . . . Panic Attack and Painkiller took a second run after missing that 5th star by seconds. Gold-starred Ramblin' Man first try on the last second of the last sustain. I thought the song was over and then the game chimed with those gold stars :lol:

Downloaded Prequel to the Sequel because it was free, and then took a chance and bought Snow and Joker and the Thief. Snow is a [bleep], I failed on the Slow Part :x Then I got lucky with OD phrases and used a crapload of it on the chorus next run, 5 stars :lol:

A few sightread FCs . . . Rebel Girl, Hungry Like the Wolf . . . Not really bothering with FCs as I have to give the game back soon. Definitely buying it sometime.

p2gq.jpg

Borrowed Diesel's copy of RB2 and have played through most of it. I'm getting better with the rectangles but they still piss me off and my soloing remains inferior to WT. So hard to judge speed.

Pretty sure I've 5-starred everything so far . . . Panic Attack and Painkiller took a second run after missing that 5th star by seconds. Gold-starred Ramblin' Man first try on the last second of the last sustain. I thought the song was over and then the game chimed with those gold stars :lol:

Downloaded Prequel to the Sequel because it was free, and then took a chance and bought Snow and Joker and the Thief. Snow is a [bleep], I failed on the Slow Part :x Then I got lucky with OD phrases and used a crapload of it on the chorus next run, 5 stars :lol:

A few sightread FCs . . . Rebel Girl, Hungry Like the Wolf . . . Not really bothering with FCs as I have to give the game back soon. Definitely buying it sometime.

How did you get Prequel to the Sequel? On Xbox anyway I thought they took it off the marketplace.

Swear I had more pictures than this but oh well, just some images of scores from the last couple of weeks.

Guitar Hero Metallica:

The Boys are back in Town Sightread FC

theboysarebackintownfc.jpg

No Leaf Clover Sightread FC

noleafcloverfc.jpg

Guitar Hero 3:

Almost Easy -1 (With a couple overstrums D:)

almosteasy-1.jpg

Rock Band 2:

This is a Call FC (Don't remember this)

thisisacallfc.jpg

Gimme Three Steps FC (Swear I've FCed this before)

gimmethreestepsfc.jpg

Countdown to Insanity FC (13th)

countdowntoinsanityfc.jpg

New FC (5th)

newfc.jpg

Five-starred everything on RB2 guitar except Visions, and it's a crappy song so I only played it once.

So I went to drums. Using a WT drum kit for RB2 can be awkward. Doing rolls on the yellow cymbal is lol. But I'm getting better. I can actually do reasonably well on Expert for a lot of songs :o Joker and the Thief has to be my favorite to play right now.

Made it to the outro of Master Exploder on Expert and WTF KICKPEDAL FAIL. :lol:

p2gq.jpg

Anyone play GH2? Imo the best guitar hero game out (haven't played GH:M)

Anyway:

picture005xia.jpg

My red pad also stuffed up on my WT drums :( and I don't want to open it up to see what happened to it.

ruadorksiggy.gif

Thanks SkyFleet for the awsome siggy!

Guitar Hero 1 songs featuring in Smash Hits have been announced.

Godzilla - Blue Oyster Cult

More than a Feeling - Boston

Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

Take me Out - Franz Ferdinand

Unsung (Live) - Helmet

Stellar - Incubus

I Love Rock N' Roll - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts

Bark at the Moon - Ozzy Ozbourne

Cowboys from Hell (Live) - Pantera

Killer Queen - Queen

No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age

Take it Off - The Donnas

Hey You - The Exies

Fantastic setlist so far, I'm so glad Godzilla is in there, one of my favourite songs.

Got Rockband II a few days ago. Drums haven't come yet. :cry: Might come today.

Anyways, played a few songs out of boredom, and I decided to play Panic Attack, whilst talking on the phone.

I was like yelling at my friend on the phone like, "HOLY [cabbage] I [bleep]ING JUST BEAT PANIC ATTACK ON MY FIRST TRY. HOLY [cabbage]. HOLY [cabbage]. [bleep], MY ARMS HURT, HOLY [cabbage]." :thumbup:

I need to upload the pic later.

But, yeah. Rockband II owns so far. I'll need to get some DLC sometime. :lol: