Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, anyone hear about Courtney Love claiming she never signed a contract to let Activision use Kurt Cobain's image?

It's not like anyone would actually want to play as Kurt Cobain, unless they want to see him perform something really embarrassing.

However, I am really ecstatic that King Crimson and Elliot Smith are on the list for GH5. That's definitely a change in audience that I can dig.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

So, anyone hear about Courtney Love claiming she never signed a contract to let Activision use Kurt Cobain's image?

It's not like anyone would actually want to play as Kurt Cobain, unless they want to see him perform something really embarrassing.

That's the point of the whole thing, in a way. Courtney Love is just out there, but lots of people feel Kurt should have been locked to only the Nirvana songs. Something about him playing other genres being disrespectful to his memory or whatever.

Me, I wouldn't care one bit except that Dave Grohl is one of those people. You don't piss off Dave Grohl. He could cause some serious damage to rhythm games if Activision made an enemy of him.

But, Courtney signed the contract, so meh.

p2gq.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well while I was at Best Buy I played the Beatles Rock Band and had no problem 5-starring any song on it, I was extremely diappointed. I pretty much play Guitar Hero and Rock Band for the challenge of it, and The Beatles was really just made to cash in on the whole "everyones obsessed with the beatles" phase everyone seems to be going through :/

Yeah, im quite a bit late, but hey, I can only play when I go to Best Buy as I sold my Xbox a while ago, so whatever.

GH:VH copies are arriving now. Only for the 360 so far, so of course I'm stuck waiting longer. Damn preferential treatment.

A few of the songs look absolutely insane and almost every single song has at least one challenging solo.

Just look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0OXRKzRtpw&feature=channel_page

WHAT.

And Eruption:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrrrdgTwcr0&feature=channel_page

p2gq.jpg

I freaking love these games - I'm getting GH2 customs back again soon, feel free to check out my videos and watch me attempt Soulless 2 (that custom even Danny can't FC!). And yeah, Danny is ridiculous. I can barely FC anything, the best I ever did was Cult of Personality on Expert like 2 years ago lol, and he FC'ed eruption on GH:Van Halen in like an hour or something? Duuuude.

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

Lol here's the FC of Eruption:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQaqCaIDW1Q

(Last set of triplets one-handed >_> Geez.)

Second FC, BucketBlue got the first one :lol:

I think the two week bet is a little off, lol. No more than a few days, and that's only if I'm the One gives him trouble.

In other news, it looks like WII IS GETTING SCREWED with the free offer. Apparently someone emailed CS and they said it will be another few days before they finish shipping all the 360 copies, THEN they move to the [bleep]ing PS3. Dammit.

EDIT: Conflicting reports, some say Wii games will start shipping as soon as tomorrow. Gah.

p2gq.jpg

After seeing some of the GH3 custom songs that he's been getting lately, it doesn't surprise me at all that he got it as quick as he did.

So...Danny gets a Full Game FC before PS3 and Wii owners get the game? Way to go Activision. :thumbup:

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I'm The One is the only song in the game I thought Danny would have any trouble FCing at all. Eruption and Spanish Fly are very similar charts so once he learns the simple tapping pattern for one, he could easily get the other (which he did, he FCed Spanish Fly recently). Cathedral isn't hard at all.

I still think it'll take him 10-12 more days to FC ITO.

I got my copy of GH:VH today and did a quick play through of career mode to unlock all of the songs. (I still haven't played all of the lower tiered ones yet)

Eruption wasn't too horribly difficult. I only got 3 stars, but I beat it on my first try. I failed Spanish Fly on my sight read but beat it with 3 stars on my second go.

A few complaints:

Something is wrong with tracking the violin on the Yellowcard song. *facepalm*

The Wii frame rate is awful: as bad as Aerosmith (Maybe even worse), and the loading screen is longer than GH:WT. Not to mention that the actual game engine is not GH5's.

Don't get me wrong though, I love a free game and the songs are great. It's just a little rough around the edges.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

I should be getting mine in a week or less, so that'll be fun :)

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Finally got my copy yesterday. Tilt activation sucks balls, it's the one huge problem I have with the game. It's ruined several sightreads as I either jumped around the room trying to tilt activate or tried to hit the button, which I'm bad at.

The Takedown is the most amazingly fun chart ever, and anyone who has a problem with charting violin should take a look at this week's RB DLC.

Master Exploder is really annoying. The chord switches are way harder than in the RB version, which I'm close to FCing. But the solos are easier. Give and take, I guess.

Passed all songs on sightread, though Eruption just barely because of the stupid tilt activation failing to work in the tapping.

Speaking of tapping, there are slider notes EVERYWHERE. Almost every single song has them, even if it's just two or three inserted in some random fill. And there are some seriously wierd things done with the charts, including several hold+tap note sections. And Jump and one other song have you holding a green sustain while hitting chords. Weirdest thing ever.

I like it but I really hope it exports. The GH5 engine is far superior.

p2gq.jpg

The Takedown is the most amazingly fun chart ever, and anyone who has a problem with charting violin should take a look at this week's RB DLC.

Coming from the Trill Hater, I'm surprised that you like the beginning of the Icarus song.

I guess the problem that I have with charting violin is the same that I had when they first started charting keyboard. I'm used to that now and keyboard solos are some of the parts that I enjoy the most on GH5. But still, it's just not guitar...and it's Yellowcard. (Sorry Yellowcard fans)

I agree that tilt activation is really bad. Really really bad. Annoying as hell press the star power activation button on the guitar instead of even trying bad. :wall:

Took away 3-4 SR FCs at least.

I've pretty much moved onto drums, which makes up for all the other problems in the game. Every non-Van Halen song passed the 1st or 2nd tier is :thumbup: . The lower tiered Van Halen songs have a lot of the same drumming patterns so they get a little boring, but they do pick up as the game goes along. The non-Van Halen songs (Sick, Sick, Sick, Best of You, and Pain just to name a few) are a blast.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

I take back what I said about when Danny will FC I'm the One. I didn't realize that the strumming was almost 40NPS. I have no idea when he'll FC it.

40 NPS? There's no way. There is a physical limit on how many of the same note the guitar can strum in a second, and it's around 30 IIRC. I thought that strumming was like 23-ish NPS.

WMG axed my End of Heartache FC vid. I'm a sad panda. Sony also flagged my Best Of You one, but it looks like they're not as douchey as WMG.

p2gq.jpg