Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

B:RB will be the greatest thing that's occured for a very long time.

Not really. The beatles are the last band one would think to be in a music game. It ruins the whole "modern" feel of the game.

What? No.

I don't see how there's supposed to be a 'modern' feel to the game. The game is about music, and the Beatles are legendary for their music. What will make the game bad, in my opinion, is that a music game dedicated to individual bands aren't for the masses, their for the good fans of the band that can listen to nothing but the band's music all year round. B:RB doesn't bring anything new other than songs, which is quite easily solved through DLC.

This is just a cash grab as far as I can see.

Even some fans aren't interested. I've got a few Beatles albums, I've always liked them... but I want a challenge when I buy a game, otherwise it isn't as fun for me. And listening to Beatles songs... well, I only play drums these days and how many Beatles songs can you name that are at least somewhat challenging on the drums? I've never been interested in the band-centric game anyway, ever since GH:A it just felt like a sleazier way to make money.

Now, Metallica, Van Halen, etc... there's some challenge for me. But I still won't buy either of those. Maybe I'll buy TB:RB or GH:M when the price eventually drops to $20/30. But new? No way.

Although I hear when you pre-order GH5 then GH:VH comes as a bonus. Maybe I'll do that...

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it's been pointed out, but how do you guys feel about the Rock band network that is coming out? Depending on what kind of bands take advantage of it I may get back into rock band a bunch, because the idea sounds awesome.

I'm sure it's been pointed out, but how do you guys feel about the Rock band network that is coming out? Depending on what kind of bands take advantage of it I may get back into rock band a bunch, because the idea sounds awesome.

For me it's depends entirely on the bands. For me i'll barely be affected or it will change the way I play RB majorly for the better.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

For me it's depends entirely on the bands. For me i'll barely be affected or it will change the way I play RB majorly for the better.

So yeah, pretty much the same as me. If we get a bunch of metal bands on board it should be awesome. :P

I've made it through about half the career set-list so far and I'm impressed so far. The songs seem more fun, although it may just be because they're new, and there are some surprisingly fun songs to play. (Young Funk is one of my favorites so far)

I haven't tried anything except guitar yet. I'll reserve my judgment on the drums until later. I hope they'll be better than the god awful World Tour charts.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I've heard some good things about GH5 and the option to import songs on Wii blew my mind. Might be time to invest in GH5, a 16 or 32 GB SD, import all the old songs (when they become available) and sell all the old disks and be done with it.

p2gq.jpg

I've heard some good things about GH5 and the option to import songs on Wii blew my mind. Might be time to invest in GH5, a 16 or 32 GB SD, import all the old songs (when they become available) and sell all the old disks and be done with it.

The Music Store isn't up yet for the Wii (I'm not sure about other consoles), but I agree that it's a pretty nifty feature. You're only able to get 35 of the World Tour songs so I wouldn't ditch the old disks too quickly.

I stand corrected on my favorite song. No One To Depend On, Do You Feel Like We Do, and Scatterbrain are all amazing to play.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

The Music Store isn't up yet for the Wii (I'm not sure about other consoles), but I agree that it's a pretty nifty feature. You're only able to get 35 of the World Tour songs so I wouldn't ditch the old disks too quickly.

I stand corrected on my favorite song. No One To Depend On, Do You Feel Like We Do, and Scatterbrain are all amazing to play.

You don't need the disk, just the manual code, and they're working on getting all the songs licensed. I can live without a few of them if they can't get them all and might end up deleting some anyway.

Now I need to find a Smash Hits and Metallica manual . . .

p2gq.jpg

Well, I traded in GHWT for GH5, bought an 8GB SD card, stole a Smash Hits ID from an open game on the shelf (lol GameStop) and now have 151 songs on GH5. Glad not to have a bunch of discs floating around.

p2gq.jpg

I haven't even bothered to gather the money for GH5. If I do end up buying it though, I'm pretty sure it'll be the last GH game I buy; rhythm games in general are starting to bore me =\

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I thought I was done with new GH games and would just be sticking to RB2, but I'm glad I caved. It's the best one yet IMO. Plus it's hard to ignore a free copy of GHVH two months before retail release. Hopefully it'll be exportable and I can break even on the whole thing by selling it :lol:

Gotta say that Do You Feel Like We Do is just awesome. A 14-minute song that never gets boring? Yeah, it happened.

p2gq.jpg

Do you get VH with the purchase of GH5 or the preorder?

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

I thought I was done with new GH games and would just be sticking to RB2, but I'm glad I caved. It's the best one yet IMO. Plus it's hard to ignore a free copy of GHVH two months before retail release. Hopefully it'll be exportable and I can break even on the whole thing by selling it :lol:

Gotta say that Do You Feel Like We Do is just awesome. A 14-minute song that never gets boring? Yeah, it happened.

oooh oooh oooh

do you get a talkbox with it? :lol:

teh Beatles are here!

The backgrounds when you play in some parts are amazing.

edit- and here is a video of the hardest song in the game on drums. Even if you're a noob who plays on medium/hard you should have no trouble at all five starring this.

[yt]85EE82654CDBF7E3[/yt]

Well [cabbage] its in a playlist so i dunno how to embed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUoa_dto ... L&index=37

teh Beatles are here!

The backgrounds when you play in some parts are amazing.

edit- and here is a video of the hardest song in the game on drums. Even if you're a noob who plays on medium/hard you should have no trouble at all five starring this.

Well [cabbage] its in a playlist so i dunno how to embed it.

I want this game so bad. :pray:

it's driving me mad

mbqyk3.gif

I don't get why people are all worked up about B:RB. I love the Beatles as much as anyone (and more than a lot of people, no doubt), but really. That's the hardest drum chart? Nice.

Yeah, it's more for the experience, blah blah. When you get down to it, it's an absurdly easy game and really not worth the money for those who want to play a somewhat challenging rhythm game. I'll stick with listening to the band.

Oh, but it's Harmonix, and they can do no wrong. Of course.

p2gq.jpg