Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget Guitar Hero 6.

Rock Band 3.

Keyboard

A new pro mode, which is basically the same as actually playing the instrument.

This is an actual Rock Band 3 guitar, used for Pro Mode:

176055-rb3_screen_x360_3-620x-620x325.jpg

This is pro mode (all instruments are on pro)

rb3_screen_wlogo17.jpg

And the keyboard:

rock_band_3_keyboard.jpg

Highway for the keyboard:

rb3_screen_wlogo15-1.jpg

Oh, and yes, there is Bohemian Rhapsody :D

So yeah, at first I was looking forward to Guitar Hero 6, but I think Rock Band 3 is my first choice now, especially since this gives me a chance to learn actual songs on guitar easily.

I want the GH6 controller. It's freaking awesome. Plus I need a new one anyway, I've got a mutilated Wii Les Paul (faceplate is stuck off due to wedged paper between neck and body because of crappy connections) because I can't stand the body of the GH4 one.

Plus the setlist that's yet been released looks sweet. Now I just need $100. (I'll probably catch it on a November/December sale though...)

I'm a bit disappointed over RB3. I have enough music controllers, now I need two more for keyboards/guitar pro mode? Keyboards look promising, but to be honest it makes no sense to play any kind of pro mode because if you can play the instrument that well you're honestly better off with the real instrument. Or if you got that far you probably do play the real instrument :lol:

If they have some kind of shred guitar song, or if they make pro mode charts of songs like Constant Motion/the Malmsteen pack/the Megadeth album... It'd either be the dumbest thing ever or the most freaking awesome thing ever.

Yesterday I picked up GH: Aerosmith for $10 at Toys R Us... Thought it had a Queen song on it, but that's the Metallica one.

Now we just need Smash Hits and Metallica... Then we'll have every GH released for the Wii. Which is pretty sad when you think about it.

[hide]

Forget Guitar Hero 6.

Rock Band 3.

Keyboard

A new pro mode, which is basically the same as actually playing the instrument.

This is an actual Rock Band 3 guitar, used for Pro Mode:

176055-rb3_screen_x360_3-620x-620x325.jpg

This is pro mode (all instruments are on pro)

rb3_screen_wlogo17.jpg

And the keyboard:

rock_band_3_keyboard.jpg

Highway for the keyboard:

rb3_screen_wlogo15-1.jpg

Oh, and yes, there is Bohemian Rhapsody :D

So yeah, at first I was looking forward to Guitar Hero 6, but I think Rock Band 3 is my first choice now, especially since this gives me a chance to learn actual songs on guitar easily.

[/hide]

OH. MY. GOD.

Do want.

Seriously, the Guitar Hero series has now officially died. It can't compete with something this awesome.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I'm genuinely looking forward to RB3 and GH:WoR. Rock Band 2 is getting seriously dated. I only still play it for the fact that it's so easy to modify. Speaking of which, The Devil Went Down to Georgia is HELL on the RB engine. Jeebus.

I don't know if I can afford all this new stuff for RB3, though. I'm interested in Pro Mode for actually learning guitar, which I have been trying to do on and off for years, but I'm thinking just using my real guitar in Practice mode with the guitar volume all the way down is the more practical way to go. Pro Mode drums seem kind of simple . . . cymbals? Ok. Cool. I already do that anyway with the blue/orange on my WT kit.

Then there's the keyboard, which looks fun, but again, cost. And it's kind of thrown a wrench in the song selection process. Now they have to account for five instruments, plus vocal harmonies. The currently announced songs look pretty average. I'm excited for Bohemian Rhapsody (over the GH version), Dead End Friends, Crosstown Traffic, Roundabout, Rainbow in the Dark, and, um . . . yeah. Lots of GH repeats, too.

Guitar Hero setlist is much better, even if there's an abundance of LOLmetal. It'll be hella fun to play. The whole approach is looking pretty badass. Pure cheese, but badass cheese. But if it's backwards exportable I won't hesitate for a second in sticking with GH5.

p2gq.jpg

The prospect of "actually" playing the song rather than pressing buttons is interesting, especially since every difficulty is involved and you can move up from single notes to chords/hammer-ons/etc.

Like previously mentioned, cost is a problem. I really don't want to have to pay for another two instruments. They should have made it where you can use your own guitar and plug it into an adapter of sorts...unless we can and I just missed that.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Like previously mentioned, cost is a problem. I really don't want to have to pay for another two instruments. They should have made it where you can use your own guitar and plug it into an adapter of sorts...unless we can and I just missed that.

That's not possible as there'd be no way of detecting which strings you're playing. That option however is available for midi Keyboards/Drums

That's not possible as there'd be no way of detecting which strings you're playing. That option however is available for midi Keyboards/Drums

Ah. Sucks. <_<

In other news, Holy [cabbage].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiyl3_gmHY0&playnext_from=TL&videos=Tff0MkjW5mE&feature=sub

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

I wonder do they have a way to be able to slip in the Keyboard as a fifth player under one of the instruments (like in vocal harmonies where you have all mics bundled under one controller)? Otherwise you're forced to drop an instrument out of the way for it if you are playing local multiplayer. :(

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I wonder do they have a way to be able to slip in the Keyboard as a fifth player under one of the instruments (like in vocal harmonies where you have all mics bundled under one controller)? Otherwise you're forced to drop an instrument out of the way for it if you are playing local multiplayer. :(

It'd probably be an option for wireless play only unless they add another of those adapters.

The game screen is cramped enough with four instruments, having a fifth would make it very confusing. Especially if you also have to read a small number that's going past very quickly.

Vocals will apparently no longer require a controller. Supposedly other people will assign difficulties/choose characters/etc. for vocal players, including harmonies.

p2gq.jpg

It'd probably be an option for wireless play only unless they add another of those adapters.

I wasn't talking about plugging the instruments in to the console, but rather about the fact that consoles don't support more than four controllers at a time (at least X360 doesn't). :P

Vocals will apparently no longer require a controller. Supposedly other people will assign difficulties/choose characters/etc. for vocal players, including harmonies.

If this is true, I'm one happy gamer. :)

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

My brother recently bought a 360, so I'm thinking about getting Guitar Hero stuff for it. I can pick up used copies of GH2 and GH3 for less than $10 on Gamestop.com. I'll try to snipe a cheap used copy of GHWT & GH5 on ebay. I've seen a few for under $15. The only problem is the instruments. Do I risk getting a used guitar/drum from ebay and get a defective whammy bar/drum?

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

(Double Post)

I spent about $80 today getting GH Xbox 360 stuff. I ended up buying a drum set, guitar, GH2, GH3, GHWT, and GH5. Some of the deals were really great. (GH2, GH3, and GHWT for less than $10 each). This means that I'll be able to get GHWoR on Xbox instead of Wii.

Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Vecp785vU

For the first little batch of songs, I'm fairly happy.

Also, the character motions for Bohemian Rhapsody made me laugh.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

• 2 weeks later...

North America release date for Rock Band is now set to October 26th. No other dates have been set yet to my knowledge, but a Finnish webstore claims it to be October 28th, so that might be the European release date.

Why can't they just release the game around the globe at the same time? <.<

Also, Diesel, even though you bought them already, you oughta be really careful when purchasing used instruments. Especially the Whammy Bar is something that breaks REALLY easily on some guitars - my friend bought an used guitar and exactly this happened. D:

(by the way, now you're supposed to buy a microphone too :P)

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Also, Diesel, even though you bought them already, you oughta be really careful when purchasing used instruments. Especially the Whammy Bar is something that breaks REALLY easily on some guitars - my friend bought an used guitar and exactly this happened. D:

(by the way, now you're supposed to buy a microphone too :P)

I made sure they had decent return policies before even considering buying them. So far, everything works great. The whammy for the guitar is a bit rusted from use, but it's not loose at all yet, which is good.

After breaking 2 drum sets and 2 guitars, I'm practically used to it by now. :razz:

Oh, and my Wii microphone works fine with Xbox. (it's just a USB plug) Yay!

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

I got 100% on Dragon Force today!

on easy

God that song is such a piece of [lettuce].

----

On a lighter note, I downloaded some World Tour songs that other people made. Gerudo Valley from Ocarina of Time is up there. It was pretty fun to play too. :shades:

To find Gerudo you have to go to GH Tunes on World Tour and go to Rising Star and it should be like number 8.

There was also Song of Storms, but they added some drums and turned it into a metal-ish song. At least it provided a good laugh though. :shock:

[hide]

(by the way, now you're supposed to buy a microphone too :P)[/hide]

I made sure they had decent return policies before even considering buying them. So far, everything works great. The whammy for the guitar is a bit rusted from use, but it's not loose at all yet, which is good.

After breaking 2 drum sets and 2 guitars, I'm practically used to it by now. :razz:

Oh, and my Wii microphone works fine with Xbox. (it's just a USB plug) Yay!

Yay. :P I have so far only broken one bass pedal (and the second one is looking a bit concerning already... :wacko:)

I hope they do fix how Lips microphones work on Rock Band 3. They're such a lagfest on Rock Band 2.. completely impossible to use them properly. Lucky me I still have my old Rock Band wired mic, that works wonders. :P

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png