Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Haven't bothered to post in this thread in a while (if at all). Got the Wii copy of VH about a week ago, have done roughly 50% on both bass and guitar, mostly on expert (I think one bass song and about 3 guitar songs weren't on expert).

I like GH5 much better for the reasons stated above. The loading screens take forever, the game as a whole has a bad structure to it. Also there's no Converse Chuck Taylors in the game as far as I know (which makes me the most angry, there's a pile of rip-offs, only decent shoe a rockstar creator [or whatever] character can wear) how hard is it to get the license agreement again if you already did?), although the guys in Van Halen are wearing them. Has anybody finished the game and unlocked them?...

Plus most of the songs aren't that great. Not a huge fan of Van Halen to begin with. But I did enjoy Stacy's Mom, I Want it All, and Space Truckin' (so dumb but so fun to play since it's so repetitive)

Are the World Tour drums compatible with the current version of Rock Band? LEGO Rock Band comes out at some point soon, but I need a set of drums first (and a mic) and the Band kit is only $100 at Wal-Mart... game, mic, drums, guitar (which we have 2 already)... Then get the rock band game for Christmas.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the World Tour drums for Rock Band 2 if that's what you're asking. They work fine, although some rolls are a bit more difficult.

I don't really pay attention to the clothing unlockables. I'll take a peek for you next time I play.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I have Rock Band 2 and I play the drums on Expert... I just got an HDTV today and the lag sucks. Even though I calibrated it as well as I can, I still miss a few notes here and there... :|

;;;;:::.... ¸**¸ .. ¸**¸**,¸¸¸,* ©ÿ hê õå *,¸¸¸,**¸**¸ .. ¸**¸ ....::::;;;;

¸**¸ ..::;;; *¸ *,¸¸,* . ,¸¸¸,* ./¥\àêr õ árçâm *,¸¸¸, . *,¸¸,* .¸* ;;;::.. ¸**¸

*,¸¸,* .. *¸ ..::;;; *¸ **¸ .. Mäý hê õåêr ôvêñ bë wïh ÿõµ .. ¸** ¸* ;;;::.. ¸* .. *,¸¸,*

;;;;;;:::::..... *,¸¸, *,¸¸¸, *,¸¸¸,**,¸Gô îñ Þéàçê ¸,**,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* ......:::::;;;;;;

This signature was made on the RuneScape forums by me, Cy The Toast.

I have Rock Band 2 and I play the drums on Expert... I just got an HDTV today and the lag sucks. Even though I calibrated it as well as I can, I still miss a few notes here and there... :|

I know how you feel. I have the same problem with World Tour on my TV, and no matter how I calibrate it, it always feels off. I also got a sorta messed up guitar <_<

We'll just have to live with it, lol.

BTW is there a way I can get Rock Band in HD or something? The graphics don't looks so good on a big TV and I'd like to make them better. ;)

;;;;:::.... ¸**¸ .. ¸**¸**,¸¸¸,* ©ÿ hê õå *,¸¸¸,**¸**¸ .. ¸**¸ ....::::;;;;

¸**¸ ..::;;; *¸ *,¸¸,* . ,¸¸¸,* ./¥\àêr õ árçâm *,¸¸¸, . *,¸¸,* .¸* ;;;::.. ¸**¸

*,¸¸,* .. *¸ ..::;;; *¸ **¸ .. Mäý hê õåêr ôvêñ bë wïh ÿõµ .. ¸** ¸* ;;;::.. ¸* .. *,¸¸,*

;;;;;;:::::..... *,¸¸, *,¸¸¸, *,¸¸¸,**,¸Gô îñ Þéàçê ¸,**,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* .,¸¸,* ......:::::;;;;;;

This signature was made on the RuneScape forums by me, Cy The Toast.

BTW is there a way I can get Rock Band in HD or something? The graphics don't looks so good on a big TV and I'd like to make them better. ;)

If you are playing on the XBox, then yes. There is a little switch on the HDMI cable you flick. If you have already done that, I don't know.

Oh, and randomly yesterday, I FC'ed Get Clean on Expert Drums! On video too! I'll upload soon, after I'm done no lifing Aviansies.

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

Pretty awesome TBH.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

If you are playing on the XBox, then yes. There is a little switch on the HDMI cable you flick. If you have already done that, I don't know.

Oh, and randomly yesterday, I FC'ed Get Clean on Expert Drums! On video too! I'll upload soon, after I'm done no lifing Aviansies.

Superkowz, do you even have an HDMI cable? I wouldn't think so if you just got an HD TV... you need an HDMI cable, any one will do, although they're a bit pricey.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Superkowz, do you even have an HDMI cable? I wouldn't think so if you just got an HD TV... you need an HDMI cable, any one will do, although they're a bit pricey.

No they are not. Just buy one online and you will save at least $50.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Yeah, don't buy an official Xbox HDMI cable, they are completely overpriced when you can just buy a really long one at Best Buy or something for $15-$20

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Downloaded GH III demo today, already got through the easiest song (lol) on Expert with about 85% with a normal controller (with a slightly broken right bumper). Trying to get that to at least 95% during the weekend. :D

Ordered GH III with two guitar controllers for 42.90, getting it next week. Can't wait. :lol:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Lego Rockband setlist.

1960's (2)

"Fire" - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Classic Rock, 1967)

"I Want You Back" - Jackson 5 (Pop-Rock, 1969)

1970's (6)

"Crocodile Rock" - Elton John (Glam, 1973)

"Kung Fu Fighting" - Carl Douglas (Funk, 1974)

"Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)" - Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel (Glam, 1975)

"Ride A White Swan" - T. Rex (Glam, 1970)

"The Passenger" - Iggy Pop (Classic Rock, 1977)

"We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions" - Queen (Classic Rock, 1977)

1980's (9)

"Crash" - The Primitives (Indie Rock, 1988)

"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" - The Police (New Wave, 1981)

"Free Fallin'" - Tom Petty (Classic Rock, 1989)

"Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker, Jr. (Pop-Rock, 1984)

"Let's Dance" - David Bowie (Pop-Rock, 1982)

"Summer Of '69" - Bryan Adams (Rock, 1985)

"The Final Countdown" - Europe (Metal, 1986)

"Walking On Sunshine" - Katrina and The Waves (Pop-Rock, 1985)

"You Give Love A Bad Name" - Bon Jovi (Rock, 1986)

1990's (4)

"Aliens Exist" - blink-182 (Punk, 1999)

"Breakout" - Foo Fighters (Alternative, 1999)

"Song 2" - Blur (Alternative, 1997)

"Two Princes" - Spin Doctors (Alternative, 1993)

2000's (23)

"A-Punk" - Vampire Weekend (Indie Rock, 2008)

"Accidentally In Love" - Counting Crows (Rock, 2004)

"Check Yes Juliet" - We The Kings (Pop-Rock, 2007)

"Dig" - Incubus (Alternative, 2006)

"Dreaming Of You" - The Coral (Indie Rock, 2002)

"Girls & Boys" - Good Charlotte (Punk, 2003)

"Grace" - Supergrass (Rock, 2002)

"In Too Deep" - Sum 41 (Punk, 2001)

"Life Is A Highway" - Rascal Flatts (Country, 2006)

"Monster" - The Automatic Automatic (Indie Rock, 2006)

"Naive" - The Kooks (Indie Rock, 2005)

"Real Wild Child" - Everlife (Pop-Rock, 2007)

"Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)" - Lostprophets (Alternative, 2006)

"Ruby" - Kaiser Chiefs (Indie Rock, 2006)

"Short & Sweet" - Spinal Tap (Metal, 2009)

"So What" - P!nk (Pop-Rock, 2008)

"Stumble and Fall" - Razorlight (Indie Rock, 2004)

"Suddenly I See" - KT Tunstall (Rock, 2004)

"Swing, Swing" - The All-American Rejects (Emo, 2003)

"Thunder" - Boys Like Girls (Pop-Rock, 2006)

"Tick Tick Boom" - The Hives (Punk, 2007)

"Valerie" - The Zutons (Indie Rock, 2006)

"Word Up!" - KoRn (Nu-Metal, 2004)

An okay setlist. Aliens Exist is in there.

Oh, cool. I guess it's because I bought my HDMI cable a looong time ago and they were still kinda new and expensive? Oh well.

Did you but it from Best Buy or something? Because they overprice theirs by $50+.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought this might be worth bumping for the fact that Green Day: Rock Band has been announced.

Harmonix went from The Beatles . . . to Green Day. WTF, seriously.

p2gq.jpg

Thought this might be worth bumping for the fact that Green Day: Rock Band has been announced.

Harmonix went from The Beatles . . . to Green Day. WTF, seriously.

Epic fail. Wow.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

That was a terrible idea to do Green Day. I mean, the band sucking aside -- who is going to have fun playing their songs? They just aren't made for fun gameplay. The only reason the Beatles worked, gameplay speaking, is because of the unique vocals sections.

That was a terrible idea to do Green Day. I mean, the band sucking aside -- who is going to have fun playing their songs? They just aren't made for fun gameplay. The only reason the Beatles worked, gameplay speaking, is because of the unique vocals sections.

I think it was more of them being The Beatles.

Sorta the same with Green Day - everyone was listening to them when American Idiot came out, and tbh 3-chord punk is prolly really fun with the full band.