Weekly Poll: If you use other RuneScape help sites...

Kiara_Kat

i use rune hq for items database because if you look at their bestiary you can click on the item and see what other monsters drop it

hoffmanbmx.gif

120+ combat 1800+ total | level 76 rsc

whip drops: 31

abyssal heads: 1

dark bows: 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Tip.it almost exclusively, with one exception. I use Sal's for skill training guides. Tip.it's skill guides are good for the facts about the skills (what level required to make, how to doe certain things..), but Sal's has alot of advice for where to train, timesaving things, the best exp for your level and stuff. Tip.it all the way!!!!

Now I never use any other helpsites. In the past, I would often use another helpsite to aid me in quests. Sometimes I would get confused and it would be helpful to be able to read two guides :oops:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I use tip.it for most things, but use Zybez for the price guide, and its skill training guides. If the tip.it quest guide doesn't make sense, I use either the Zybez or Sal's guide.

danceswithmimesfinallysnx7.png

People with fluffy pink avatars are generally expected to be nice.

I use runeweb.net for quest guides simply because I find the layout/colour scheme easier to look at. :oops: I've honestly never been a great fan of the colours of Tip It, they're too 'dark' for my liking, and the white text on top of them can be hard to read. I prefer the light blue/white with black text on runeweb, just because it can be easier to read through guides on ;)

Apart from quest guides, Tip It is the only site I use for most things I need, or just the KB. These are also the only forums I use anymore.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

If I ever use a guide or anything, I always consult Tip.It first, and if I get confused or want to be more confident that I can do the task, I sometimes look at other sites for help. And I love that Zybez has a price guide that is very up to date, though they still have Real World Item trading ads. =[

I use other sites simply because Tip.it is add infested. Half the times i get a pop ups or a very laggy advert and due to my computer not being one of the best out there. I use another site.

mhd7k3.jpg

RuneCrypt.

All the way.

Best Guides, Best Reports.

Quickest response to RS updates.

Really good community.

--------------------------------

I use tip.it for the calcs.

Slightly biased because I work at RC but still, our content seriously owns all the other sites.

i only ever used runehq guide to a quest once cos there was an error in tip.it guide for that quest that has now been corrected. the reason why i use tip.it is because it is more easy to navigate through the different pages of the site unlike the site iv already mentioned lol

Piran26.gif

Ive been useing tip.it sence i started playing RS.

Good job tip.it :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

OK, I use HQ and Sal's. And Tip.it. And HQ, and Sal's, and Tip.it. And...

The three sites are just... different. Some things are better here, some things are better there. Sometimes with some difficult quests I like to have three guides. Most times I don't use guides at all, though. I like your guides because of the items needed mentioned before each step.

RuneHQ and Sal's have lots of guides for different occasions, which I sometimes like to read while wcutting or fishing. When I was preparing to go barrowing for the first time, though, I read all the three guides. They always suggest different things and it's nice to choose the method that suits you.

When I need a calc, planner or a skill guide, I usually start with Tip.it, though.

And I always use your treasure trails guide.

So, no vote for me in this poll - no option suits me :)

tanfdefault,erwen%20w.gif

erwen%20w.gif

i use another site for a few reasons,

1. purely aesthetic (i like the way it looks)

2. i like the way it is organized

3. they have guides i want access to more accessible

4. sometimes one site or the other gets the quest or mini-game wrong or is just hard to understand, so i use both to get a better feel of what I'm doing.

on the other hand you have the best item and monster databases as well as treasure trail guide, and i like the way your, skill calcs. and planners work.

i like the community feel of tip it. and i like the feedback loop, i think it improves the look and feel of the site.

I use other sites because the have tools that Tip.It doesn't have, I use Zybez for the market price guide and RHQ for all the other calculators, the house planner, the Rune Hq browser bar, the equipment bonus calculator, they just have more awesome tools than Tip.It has.

I prefer to perform a quest on my own; and for the most part think this site has the best info. However, on monkey madness, rat catchers and contact the info on other sites or other people were of more help. For monkey madness and rat catchers, the problem was the description of the visual, where a map really was the help i needed (ie: map of the house and guard placement in rat catchers. For contact, it was the simple advice of using ancients magic in the final fight (for which I slap my head that i didn't think of it myself.) Otherwise, the admins of this site and its members do a fantastic job.

When I use other sites, even though I voted I only use tip it=p, I go for the world monitor, or other neat tools like player made guides that are good and are on the site, say how to kill the mole, there is a guide on the forums, but it isn't scripted in html, making it lesser quality of the ones actually on a website.

I use several other fantasy sites :lol:

(1) Runehq : for wildy map, quest guides

(2) Sals : For city guide, and wildy survival guides (silly)

(3) RuneWeb: for forum signature

(4) Zybez: everyone knows the market price guide

However its ad concerning rule breaking which stinks

(5) Truthscape: for ways to detect scammers

Currently taking a break from Runescape