Because I don't remember doing it, it didn't happen?

Guthix_Girl

I made this topic to discuss riddiculous theories or logics used and possibly believed (i hope not though) by many people. Because I don't remember doing it, it didn't happen. That makes no sense, right? But it is used as an excuse often. Also riddiculous things you hear like if I can't see you, you can't see me. Questions I'm asking are

1. Do you believe in riddiculous theories or logics

2. Do any of them make sense

3. Are there any more you have heard of

4. Does this topic make any sense to you

5. Are there any other ways of looking at these to make them seem as if they are able to make sense when giving logical reasoning or mathematical formulas?

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.

I don't really understand how to start a discussion on this, as I can barely think of anything to say :| . I mean, if we believe it, we probably don't think it's ridiculous or illogical. I just don't get the thread :| .

Well, as a bait/thread-discussion-random-thing-to-say, how 'bout that I believe in [nearly completely] sun-controlled global warming, not man-made global warming. Pretty stupid thing to say in today's society, but meh.

That's the only thing that comes to mind at all that comes anywhere close to having anything to do with this topic :-k .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I hate how idiots use this to counter people with a higher intellect than them.

I'd say: The capital of Benin is Porto-Novo.

They'd say: Well I don't remember it being that so it's not.

Bad example, but you know what I mean. <.<

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

5. Are there any other ways of looking at these to make them seem as if they are able to make sense when giving logical reasoning or mathematical formulas?

Descartes ontological argument for the existance of God. It uses deductive reasoning to attempt to prove existance.

1. Whatever I clearly and distinctly perceive to be contained in the idea of something is true of that thing.

2. I clearly and distinctly perceive that necessary existence is contained in the idea of God.

3. Therefore, God exists.

Of course to understand clear and distinct ideas you would have to read the whole of his book "Meditations". Although, reading it all would probably show you how stupid his argument really is. Mainly because to have clear and distinct ideas in the first place God must exist, and so his predicate relies on his conclusion. Lets remember next to an illogical belief stands faith.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Since I don't really get your post I will answer to your topic question.

Yes, it did happen. It's not so much you remembering but the effect that action or whatever had. If the effect exists so does the action that caused it. Doesn't really matter if you remember it or not...because once you've done it you cant change and not do it after you've already done it.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

1. Do you believe in riddiculous theories or logics

I believe that the world will end 2012 according to the Myans and their ' Clock ' :-k

So i'm doing all the bad things I can before I die.

Mugging old ladies is my favourite past time.

52qecfc.jpg

You mean like when you drink a lot, end up sleeping with someone who you kinda like but not really that much, get them pregnant but deny it, go through a whole cabbage load of paternity suits and DNA testing only to determine what you feared to suspect anyway, then end up being unable to get an abortion because it's too late into the pregnancy, and then having to go to court yet againt to decide how you're going to fund your brand new baby with that girl who you 'kinda liked', forced to quit school to get a job to provide for the baby even though benefits should cover it, lose out on a good education, get stuck in some dead end job with a baby that was orn of a girl you kinda liked and never really live to your full potential?

Yeah, it happened.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I also believe the world may end in 2012. I see it as a possiblity. A lot of people who had some near-death experiences predicted it. I consider NDE as the only source of reliable information, since people who live it can describe events that go on in real life while they are dead, and not only things around them, this proves that it's not some sort of dream they have.

Mediums predicted it aswell. I agree many so called mediums are fake, but there exists mediums who aren't, and have proved it many times.

The Indian calender ends in 2011, and the Mayan calender ends in 2012.

You know, it's a lot of concidences, I think that it's very well possible that the world ends in 2012, as weird as it could sound. A lot of people ridiculize that theory, but if you take the time to look at the information and coincidences it's very scary.

2480+ total

I also believe the world may end in 2012. I see it as a possiblity. A lot of people who had some near-death experiences predicted it. I consider NDE as the only source of reliable information, since people who live it can describe events that go on in real life while they are dead, and not only things around them, this proves that it's not some sort of dream they have.

How are near death experiences a source of reliable information? It's a last minute hallucination of the brain.

Mediums predicted it aswell. I agree many so called mediums are fake, but there exists mediums who aren't, and have proved it many times.

All mediums are fake, as Mercifull has said there is a 1 million dollar prize (actually several) for any mediums who can prove their powers. They've all been untouched.

The rest is sheer coincidence, the world has been predicted to end many times in the past but never has.

How are near death experiences a source of reliable information? It's a last minute hallucination of the brain.

-.-

since people who live it can describe events that go on in real life while they are dead, and not only things around them, this proves that it's not some sort of dream they have.

As I said, I regard it as a possibility, not something that is certain to happen. There's no point in arguing with me, I'm keeping open-minded while you are not. What can I say?

2480+ total

Ah oh! ::'

Hah, I still don't understand what this topic is actually about.

Me neither, the topic title just reminded me of that kind of thing though :oops:

There are a hell of alot of things I've done that I don't remember doing, most of the time I wish I hadn't done them at all. Just a typical weekend :D .

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

1. Not really no, I sometimes wonder why religious people believe some of the things they do.

2. Not unless you are a very religious person, and you understand the different beliefs and religions.

3. I dont really look them up.

4. I am just wondering why you want to know this, lol.

5. Hmm, why would you use a mathmatical formula to solve a religion? Even though i dont think that there is a solution? :?

well i didnt mean to base any real discussion on the title of the subject .. it was just an example.. but maybe im just stupid or the way my mind works is really strange but i guess i didnt explain it in a way that makes sense.. what i meant to say is that if some things belived to be true by other people even if they dont make sense to you personally does that mean they are true or are there other ways of looking at it to make it seem true

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.