Place vibes

highlanders

When you enter a new place, do you feel the "vibe" of the place? Kinda like a background feeling when you enter a place.

Pretty much, I assume everyone feels those vibes, atleast I do. I've always wondered if the vibes were common; as in everyone feels the same vibe of the same place, or individual; every person has a different vibe depending on their own personality, experiences, idk. I think the later is more probable, but the first opinion would be much more interesting psychologically speaking :lol:

Heck, even Rs has a vibe for me. It's a not a nice vibe though, so I don't feel like playing it.

So, do you feel place vibes?

2480+ total

Definately, in fact I'm thankful I do. You know the feeling, when you walk into this pub, full of grey haired mullets that you can barely see through the smoke, with the only barman staring at you with two hands on the bar, glaring at you with piercing eyes, making you go "OK..let's find somewhere else then!" and you edge out of the pub backwards.

That vibe has saved my bacon numerous times.

Usually not. I feel safe and comfortable most places. It's really odd though, the places i generally get vibes are from churches. When I was in Europe, and we went into tons of churches/chapels/ the Vadican, And all of them where just so..... well i cant describe it, but there was different lves of vibes i was getting. Sometimes I felt welcome, sometimes i felt honored, sometimes i felt not welcomed at all.

I would have to say the Sistean chapel was the only place I did not feel a vibe. I was honestly too amazed to feel anything. Also it was the other 200 people in the room that stopped me from feeling anything. I didn't feel welcomed at all in St. Peter's Basilica though.... Probably had something to do with all those dead popes. Notre Dame I had mixed feelings about. Again, too many people in one place, but I think if i was alone, i wouldn't like it very much there.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Definately, in fact I'm thankful I do. You know the feeling, when you walk into this pub, full of grey haired mullets that you can barely see through the smoke, with the only barman staring at you with two hands on the bar, glaring at you with piercing eyes, making you go "OK..let's find somewhere else then!" and you edge out of the pub backwards.

Don't you mean save your smeg?

Anyway pretty much everyone has it. If you walk into some 45 year old's basement with hands pinned to a wall with a guy standing there wearing yellow cotton panties staring at you making you watch his vacation slides. Or you walk into your house.

Big difference.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Don't you mean save your smeg?

Have you got a smegging problem with the way I smegging smeg?

smeg..eww? I'm gonna be *a word here, I can't remember* in weird ways.

I really don't think I get vibes. If I go to place I'm going there for my own reasons, if I knew it were a harmful place, I wouldn't go to it....maybe that kills vibes or something.

You don't need special 'vibes' to tell if the other people are comfortable with the situation or not. One look at their face and you just know.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

You don't need special 'vibes' to tell if the other people are comfortable with the situation or not. One look at their face and you just know.

That's pretty much what I consider a vibe.

Oh. I was under the impression that these special vibes people talked about was just something I was totally missing. Something like a gut feeling.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

That's pretty much what I consider a vibe.

Oh. I was under the impression that these special vibes people talked about was just something I was totally missing. Something like a gut feeling.

When I talk of vibe, I talk about gut feeling, like an unexplanable feeling when you enter a place. Of what I read, Bubsa your not feeling vibes.

2480+ total

i get vibes all the time. there are certain vibes that can just ruin my whole day or disgust me to no end, and there are certain vibes that make me feel really happy

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Yep, I get vibes all the time. Either it be the way Bubsa see's it, or how Highlander does, I get them both alike.

I'm glad I do. Because some people are really dense when it comes to listening to your gut feeling and feel it necessary to go against it. Doesn't end in a happily ever all the time to say the least. :ohnoes:

Well, what I consider 'place vibes' are mainly due to the emotions I'm feeling when I enter a place. If I enter a grimey dark place, I'll probably feel poorly about it (see "bad vibes"), however if I were to walk into a room that looked comfortable and inviting, I would have no apprehension and feel excellent about being there. Good vibes.

I don't believe in some kind of magical force, I think it's just unconcious perception. Heck, even temperature changes the 'vibes' I get from a place.

What is smeg? :-s

Basically a synonym for any kind of curse word - or an adjective used in a derogatory way. It rose in popularity thanks to the cult sitcom 'Red Dwarf'

AbyssalWhip "kindly" sent me a picture of smegma, sure they aren't the same thing? :ohnoes:

Basically a synonym for any kind of curse word - or an adjective used in a derogatory way. It rose in popularity thanks to the cult sitcom 'Red Dwarf'

AbyssalWhip "kindly" sent me a picture of smegma, sure they aren't the same thing? :ohnoes:

Lols :P

The creators of Red Dwarf have always claimed that the origin of the word was not related to that...erm...condition.

Lols :P

The creators of Red Dwarf have always claimed that the origin of the word was not related to that...erm...condition.

Actually a link to wikipedia and I warned you about the picture...
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....