Text messaging!

Icingdeath

I know, a huge portion of teenagers rely on text messaging as their major form of communication. As do quite a bit of adults. Anyone here really utilize this?

I've used about 4000 this month. =D

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I text a whole lot.

My dad told me that I average about 4,000 a month. :P

But I also talk on the phone a lot, so I really don't have much of an excuse besides boredom and wanting to talk to people.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Back when i had a cell, i tried it a bit. I hate it, such a hard and stupid way to communicate. If you have a phone, actually call.

Please explain to me how it's a "stupid way to communicate". Just because you suck at it doesn't mean it's hard to do. That's like saying typing and using the internet is a terrible way to communicate, until you learn how.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I used to feel the same way. But then all my friends did was text me so I got into it. It's kind of handy when you want to talk but don't want to disturb others with your voice.

A friend of mine had 11,000 messages last month. Luckily she got unlimited like...right before that. >_<

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

I know, a huge portion of teenagers rely on text messaging as their major form of communication. As do quite a bit of adults. Anyone here really utilize this?

I've used about 4000 this month. =D

DO YOU MEAN 4,00 TEXT MESSAGES A MONTH?!?!?!?

I only manage about 10 a year lol.

Back when i had a cell, i tried it a bit. I hate it, such a hard and stupid way to communicate. If you have a phone, actually call.

Please explain to me how it's a "stupid way to communicate". Just because you suck at it doesn't mean it's hard to do. That's like saying typing and using the internet is a terrible way to communicate, until you learn how.

Cause I found it extremely hard to use the small keypad to go through and get the letters I wanted. Personally I found it really easy to learn how to use the computer keyboard, but this thing was just a little too over the top. Not to mention everyone I talked to didn't even spell their words fully, so some times I had to try and distinguish between all these short forms.

Not to mention that if I want to say something, I mostly likely want a whole conversation, which makes texting a very slow way to communicate. Thus its better to just talk through the phone.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Cause I found it extremely hard to try and make full words. Not to mention everyone I talked to didn't even spell their words fully, so some times I had to try and distinguish between all these short forms.

Not to mention that if I want to say something, I mostly likely want a whole conversation, which makes texting a very slow way to communicate. Thus its better to just talk through the phone.

I guess for you, but not for me at all. I can text very fast, almost as fast as I can type. So having entire conversations isn't bad at all. And it's not like every time you want to say something, you want to have a long chat. That's ridiculous.

Like I said, once you get used to it, it's not bad at all and comes in very handy. Just like typing.

Like I said, once you get used to it, it's not bad at all and comes in very handy. Just like typing.

I guess it really depends on costs too. Say if it was costing you 25 cents a minute to make a call, but like 10 cents to make a text, you could possibly save money through text something short.

Ya, I guess your right, it can be handy, but seriously.... why around 4k texts per month?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I guess it really depends on costs too. Say if it was costing you 25 cents a minute to make a call, but like 10 cents to make a text, you could possibly save money through text something short.

Ya, I guess your right, it can be handy, but seriously.... why around 4k texts per month?

In my defense, I pay only about $5 a month for unlimited text messaging.

I text a whole lot while I'm at work (like right now) and during school when I'm not actually allowed to talk on the phone.

I text some of the time. I dont use it really often like 4000 a month. Maybe 50 a month. I like it because it's a easy and quick way to talk to people and alot cheaper than calling them.

My bill last month was like 2,000 outgoing I believe. I had a plan for 500...ugh. It was only 5 cents overcharge for every message over your limit, and only for outgoing. Then they changed it to 15 cents for incoming AND outgoing. So I got unlimited!

With the T9 function it's extremely easy and quick to type out a nice conversation.

Svirnsigscore.gif

I much prefer to call rather than text. I use so many damn minutes it's unbelievable, brain damage here I come. Texting comes in handy when I can't call, however I do spell like a complete and utter [developmentally delayed] just so that it stays within 1 text.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

It's alot easier to hold up a conversation when your texting then when your on the phone. Many people are reluctant to call because they suck at holding conversations, especially with girls. [i'm not implying anything to those who said they do 4k+ texts, mabye you just err.... like texting?] I'm not saying its the only reason, but its preety true. I honestly hate texting and I just call people, you get used to it.

happiehour.jpeg

I just have no one to text. :cry:

I texted my friend when I first got my phone, but I haven t since. (but I haven t made any phone calls ether, just my mom calling)

And how can you text as fast as you type? Pressing 1 button vs. Pressing 1-3 buttons :?:

I suck at texting lol.

Lol. I do too. Luckily, my phone has a full keyboard. That makes me a bit faster at it. :P

But, I don't text very much at all. Unless I'm in school and bored out of my mind.

3898000bYVcx.png

I can now text without looking and while driving. Takes some practice and some near-death experiences but dang, I got it down.

And yes, it is easier to hold a conversation. I can talk for a couple hours over the phone with a girl but it's a hell of a lot easier with text messaging.

Svirnsigscore.gif