Infi

Barbarian Training & Mithril Dragons

1.1 - Introduction

1.2 - Getting to the Mithril Dragons/Completing the Mini-Game

1.3 - Slaying Mithril Dragons (Melee)

1.4 - Slaying Mithril Dragons (Mage)

1.5 - Slaying Mithril Dragons (Range)

[hide=1.1 - Introduction]1.1 - Introduction

Mith Dragons were first released on Tuesday, June 3, 2007. They are known to drop the fabled and brand new Dragon Full Helm. Below is the stats and a miniature thumbnail for the brand new helmet. This is what most people are after. The Mithril Dragon is confirmed to also drop the Draconic Visage, so there is an alternate drop to the Dragon Full Helm.

dfullkv5.png

The drop list can be found here.

mithdragonlz8.png

The Mith Dragon (above), is leveled at an impressive Level-304 with 245 Hitpoints, so it's most likely to be a red level for you. :P Its max hits are currently unknown, so if you could contribute that information, it would be appreciated.[/hide]

[hide=1.2 - Getting to the Mithril Dragons and completing Barbarian Training]1.2- Getting to the Mithril Dragons

Unfortunately, you will need to complete a short trial for Otto before you gain access to the Mithril Dragon Lair. The items you will need to complete this trial is:

[hide=Items needed]

Hatchet

Feathers

Fishing Bait

Any bow

Oak logs (Can be cut near the area)

2-Dose Potion (Normal attack preferred)

Knife

Recommended: Glory to Karamja, Games Necklace[/hide]

[hide=Skills needed]

Level 21 Firemaking or

Level 48 Fishing and level 15 Strength and Agility or

Level 55 Fishing and level 35 Strength

[/hide]

Start off by using your Games Necklace to teleport to the Barbarian Outpost. Proceed by going South until you reach a coastline with lots of fishing spots available. Go slightly west, then go south until you reach a little hut with a yew tree outside of it.

untitled81pq2.png

Talk to the man inside, Otto Godblessed. Basically, you need to improve your Firemaking, Herblore and Fishing skills the "Barbarian Way". He will tell you lots of junk, so skip everything (unless you don't want to) until he tells you how to improve your firemaking skill. (Without a tinderbox!) When you reach the screen were you are prompted if you want to ask more questions, head back north until you find an oak tree. Cut one log, then use your longbow with the log. You should light it.

tinderboxlikghtoz0.png

Hopefully you should be able to tell him that you're completed firemaking, so after that he will tell you to search his bed to obtain a rod. Search his bed and you will get a Barbarian rod. Now go outside his hut to the nearest fishing spot and fish one leaping trout or salmon. Go back to Otto. He will tell you need to improve your herblore skills so you have to use your knife with the leaping trout to obtain roe and fish offcuts. Use your Roe with your attack potion to obtain an Attack Mix (2)! Remember you can only do this with (2) dose potions.

attmixcw5.png

After that talk to him and you should be done the Herblore skill. He should now start blabbering on about catching a fish without a harpoon or tool, so after your prompted use your Glory amulet to Karamja, and harpoon a fish without a harpoon!

fishingxd4.png

After that, go back to the Barbarian Outpost and go near the whirlpool. Step onto the docks and enter the whirlpool. You character will now dramatically jump into the whirlpool. Welcome to the Mithril Dragon lair!

jumpingfn2.png

Go down the stairs with your protect magic prayer and run through the scary Green Dragons, go south east until you shortly see stairs, climb up it and you will be in an area with Mithril Dragons! Congratulations!

11un7.png

12no4.png[/hide]

[hide=Suggested Levels]

75 Attack

80 Strength

70 Defence

43 Prayer

80 Mage

75 Ranged

50 Construction (House Portal)

[/hide]

[hide=1.3 - Meleeing the Dragons]1.3 - Meleeing the Dragons

This is the recommended setup and inventory. I usually kill around 3 dragons per trip, but that's at level 99. You can mix and match to suit your combat level.

meleelv6.png

For those of you who can't afford or use the following setup, here are some alternatives.

[hide=Melee Gear and alternatives]Neitiznot Helmet > Berserker > Mind Helmet

Karil Top > Black Dragonhide Body > Dragonhide Body

Karil Legs > Black Dragonhide legs > Dragonhide legs

Climbing Boots > None

RFD Gloves > Combat Bracelet

Dragonfire Shield > Anti-dragonfire shield

Ring of Wealth > Ring of Life

Fire Cape > God Cape

Glory Amulet > None

[/hide]

Basically what you do first is to get a Mithril Dragon, protect from Melee and hack away. In between use your Dragon Battle Axe spec, and drink 2 doses of normal attack potion. You can only drink 1 dose in between attacks because your dragon will get stolen! Same goes for eating, eat once, attack, eat once, attack. Always keep Melee Protection on and never let your health go below 30. You'll regret it as these dragons can still hit consecutive 20's even with Protection Prayers on.[/hide]

[hide=1.4 - Maging the Dragons]1.4 - Maging the Dragons

magekj6.png

This is the cost effective setup, where you will be using either Fire Bolt with Chaos Gauntlets or Fire Blast normally. Of course you could use Ahrims, but only if you have enough money and are willing to risk it. You should use Chaos Gauntlets, but it's because I haven't even done that quest yet. :oops:

mage2va9.png

This is the slayer dart method, which is slightly more expensive.

mage3sn0.png

And finally, this is the God Spell method. This is not recommended until you have at LEAST 76 Mage so you can use a Magic Potion to raise your magic level to 80. Don't forget to be wearing the same God Cape as your staff! This is the most expensive mage method.

[hide=Mage setup and alternatives]

Neitiznot Helmet >Farseer Helm > Ahrim's Hood

Ahrim Top > 3rd Age Top > Infinity Top > Mystic Top

Ahrim Bottom > 3rd Age Bottom > Infinity Bottom > Mystic Bottom

Dragonfire Shield > Anti-dragonfire Shield

Infinity Boots > Wizard's Boots > Mystic Boots

"Barrow Gloves" > Infinity Gloves > Mystic Gloves

God Cape > God Cloak

Ring of Life > Ring of Wealth > Seers Ring > Beacon Ring > Lunar Ring

Amulet of Glory > 3rd Age Amulet

[/hide]

For this method, you will need to use a protection prayer of range, and cast away. Never let your health go below 30, and watch your prayer points! The reason why I have included a Neitiznot helm instead of a helmet that increases mage bonus is because of its prayer bonus, which will indeed be beneficial in the longrun.[/hide]

[hide=1.5 - Ranging the Dragons]1.5 - Ranging the Dragons

rangeex0.png

[hide=Range setup and alternatives]

God Coif > Archer Helm > Coif

Black Dragonhide Top > Dragonhide Top

Black Dragonhide Legs > Dragonhide Legs

Ranger Boots > Snakeskin Boots > Frog-leather boots

Rune C'Bow > None

Adamant Tipped Bolts > Mithril Tipped Bolts

"Barrow Gloves" > Black Dragonhide Vambraces

Ava's Device > None

[/hide]

Once again, use Neitiznot Helm here for its prayer bonus. I recommend using a Range Protection prayer in this method because you already have some magic defence in your dragonhide. However, I wouldn't suggest using range unless you have a high range level, so always watch your health and use range potions when necessary to get the job done quicker. As for the bolts, Mithril on Mithril gets the job done. :) Adamant would surely be better, but beware of bolt stealers. A handy thing rangers can utilize is to use Ruby Tipped Adamant bolts, which will activate its special, Blood Forfeit. This special allows you to hit 20% of the enemy's HP, which means you can hit a potential 50. The use of ruby tipped bolts is probably the most widely used by people ranging the mithril dragons.[/hide]

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

For reference:

[hide=HTML Format & Code]

[color=red][b][size=24]Barbarian Training & Mithril Dragons[/b][/color][/size]

1.1 - Introduction

1.2 - Getting to the Mithril Dragons/Completing the Mini-Game

1.3 - Slaying Mithril Dragons (Melee)

1.4 - Slaying Mithril Dragons (Mage)

1.5 - Slaying Mithril Dragons (Range)

[hide=1.1 - Introduction][b][size=15]1.1 - Introduction[/b][/size]

Mith Dragons were first released on Tuesday, June 3, 2007. They are known to drop the fabled and brand new Dragon Full Helm. Below is the stats and a miniature thumbnail for the brand new helmet. This is what most people are after. The Mithril Dragon is confirmed to also drop the Draconic Visage, so there is an alternate drop to the Dragon Full Helm.

[img=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3628/dfullkv5.png]

The drop list, which is still under construction can be found here

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=673617]Click here for the droplist of the Barbarian Training monsters[/url]

[img=http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3338/mithdragonlz8.png]

The Mith Dragon (above), is leveled at an impressive Level-304 with 245 Hitpoints, so it's most likely to be a red level for you.  :P Its max hits are currently unknown, so if you could contribute that information, it would be appreciated.[/hide]

[hide=1.2 - Getting to the Mithril Dragons and completing Barbarian Training][b][size=15]1.2- Getting to the Mithril Dragons[/b][/size]

Unfortunately, you will need to complete a short trial for Otto before you gain access to the Mithril Dragon Lair. The items you will need to complete this trial is:

[hide=Items needed]

Hatchet

Feathers

Fishing Bait

Any bow

Oak logs (Can be cut near the area)

2-Dose Potion (Normal attack preferred)

Knife

Recommended: Glory to Karamja, Games Necklace[/hide]

[hide=Skills needed]

Level 21 Firemaking or

Level 48 Fishing and level 15 Strength and Agility or

Level 55 Fishing and level 35 Strength

[/hide] 

Start off by using your Games Necklace to teleport to the Barbarian Outpost. Proceed by going South until you reach a coastline with lots of fishing spots available. Go slightly west, then go south until you reach a little hut with a yew tree outside of it.

[img=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1909/untitled81pq2.png]

Talk to the man inside, Otto Godblessed. Basically, you need to improve your Firemaking, Herblore and Fishing skills the "Barbarian Way". He will tell you lots of junk, so skip everything (unless you don't want to) until he tells you how to improve your firemaking skill. (Without a tinderbox!) When you reach the screen were you are prompted if you want to ask more questions, head back north until you find an oak tree. Cut one log, then use your longbow with the log. You should light it. 

[img=http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/9654/tinderboxlikghtoz0.png]

Hopefully you should be able to tell him that you're completed firemaking, so after that he will tell you to search his bed to obtain a rod. Search his bed and you will get a Barbarian rod. Now go outside his hut to the nearest fishing spot and fish one leaping trout or salmon. Go back to Otto. He will tell you need to improve your herblore skills so you have to use your knife with the leaping trout to obtain roe and fish offcuts. Use your Roe with your attack potion to obtain an Attack Mix (2)! Remember you can only do this with (2) dose potions. 

[img=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8084/attmixcw5.png]

After that talk to him and you should be done the Herblore skill. He should now start blabbering on about catching a fish without a harpoon or tool, so after your prompted use your Glory amulet to Karamja, and harpoon a fish without a harpoon! 

[img=http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9172/fishingxd4.png]

After that, go back to the Barbarian Outpost and go near the whirlpool. Step onto the docks and enter the whirlpool. You character will now dramatically jump into the whirlpool. Welcome to the Mithril Dragon lair!

[img=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8749/jumpingfn2.png]

Go down the stairs with your protect magic prayer and run through the scary Green Dragons, go south east until you shortly see stairs, climb up it and you will be in an area with Mithril Dragons! Congratulations!

[img=http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2434/11un7.png]

[img=http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1571/12no4.png][/hide]

[hide=1.3 - Meleeing the Dragons][b][size=15]1.3 - Meleeing the Dragons[/b][/size]

This is the recommended setup and inventory. I usually kill around 3 dragons per trip, but that's at level 99. You can mix and match to suit your combat level.

[img=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8466/meleelv6.png]

For those of you who can't afford or use the following setup, here are some alternatives. 

[hide=Melee Gear and alternatives]Neitiznot Helmet > Berserker > Mind Helmet

Karil Top > Black Dragonhide Body > Dragonhide Body

Karil Legs > Black Dragonhide legs > Dragonhide legs

Climbing Boots > None

RFD Gloves > Combat Bracelet

Dragonfire Shield > Anti-dragonfire shield

Ring of Wealth > Ring of Life

Fire Cape > God Cape 

Glory Amulet > None

[/hide]

Basically what you do first is to get a Mithril Dragon, protect from Melee and hack away. In between use your Dragon Battle Axe spec, and drink 2 doses of normal attack potion. You can only drink 1 dose in between attacks because your dragon will get stolen! Same goes for eating, eat once, attack, eat once, attack. Always keep Melee Protection on and never let your health go below 30. You'll regret it as these dragons can still hit consecutive 20's even with Protection Prayers on.[/hide]

[hide=1.4 - Maging the Dragons][b][size=15]1.4 - Maging the Dragons[/b][/size]

[img=http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3381/magekj6.png]

This is the cost effective setup, where you will be using either Fire Bolt with Chaos Gauntlets or Fire Blast normally. Of course you could use Ahrims, but only if you have enough money and are willing to risk it. You should use Chaos Gauntlets, but it's because I haven't even done that quest yet.  :oops: 

[img=http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7687/mage2va9.png]

This is the slayer dart method, which is slightly more expensive. 

[img=http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8831/mage3sn0.png]

And finally, this is the God Spell method. This is not recommended until you have at LEAST 76 Mage so you can use a Magic Potion to raise your magic level to 80. Don't forget to be wearing the same God Cape as your staff! This is the most expensive mage method.

[hide=Mage setup and alternatives]

Neitiznot Helmet >Farseer Helm > Ahrim's Hood

Ahrim Top > 3rd Age Top > Infinity Top > Mystic Top

Ahrim Bottom > 3rd Age Bottom > Infinity Bottom > Mystic Bottom

Infinity Boots > Wizard's Boots > Mystic Boots 

"Barrow Gloves" > Infinity Gloves > Mystic Gloves

God Cape > God Cloak

Ring of Life > Ring of Wealth > Seers Ring > Beacon Ring > Lunar Ring

Amulet of Glory > 3rd Age Amulet

[/hide]

For this method, you will need to use a protection prayer of range, and cast away. Never let your health go below 30, and watch your prayer points! The reason why I have included a Neitiznot helm instead of a helmet that increases mage bonus is because of its prayer bonus, which will indeed be beneficial in the longrun.[/hide]

[hide=1.5 - Ranging the Dragons][b][size=15]1.5 - Ranging the Dragons[/b][/size]

[img=http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6015/rangeex0.png]

[hide=Range setup and alternatives]

God Coif > Archer Helm > Coif

Black Dragonhide Top > Dragonhide Top

Black Dragonhide Legs > Dragonhide Legs

Ranger Boots > Snakeskin Boots > Frog-leather boots

Rune C'Bow > None

Adamant Tipped Bolts > Mithril Tipped Bolts

"Barrow Gloves" > Black Dragonhide Vambraces

Ava's Device > None

[/hide]

Once again, use Neitiznot Helm here for its prayer bonus. I recommend using a Range Protection prayer in this method because you already have some magic defence in your dragonhide. However, I wouldn't suggest using range unless you have a high range level, so always watch your health and use range potions when necessary to get the job done quicker. As for the bolts, Mithril on Mithril gets the job done.  :) Adamant would surely be better, but beware of bolt stealers.[/hide]

[/hide]

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I've attempted a couple of times to melee the mith dragons.

Imo, they're much easier ranged. Same equipment, just bring a crossbow

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

Range isn't recommended because it would take too long. Your bolts would be stolen and each dragon would take a horribly long time unless you have 90+ ranged. However, if this works best for you, go for it! :thumbsup:

eh... what about the dragons range attack? with robes on itll destroy you.

Not on that specific dragon, it will get attacked like nothing is attacking it, while you are attacking that specific dragon.

However, other dragons should and are NEEDED to be tackled with Range Prayer Protection, food, and Anti-Fire protection prayers.

Try using god spells. They seem to hit quite well and splash less often.

If you are safe spotting the one at the top of the stairs, it will turn around and attack anyone who comes up the stairs. So you could get your dragon stolen...

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

Meleeing the mith drags with V is ok, I can kill 4-5 a trip. I just went to try and mage them, and I was watching somebody use the safe spot. I was about to hop worlds, when I saw an update thing come up. About 5 minutes later, I logged back on, tried using safespot, and it didnt work for me :shock: There was no new news on the front page, so im guessing that is what the update was....

Oh no, my beautiful safespot. :(

I'll update it now. :)

Now that I've heard that my safespot has been removed, I have completely revamped my guide. (R.I.P Safespot)

Now this isn't an issue if you still want to mage/range, but be prepared to spend a little bit more money and attention maging the dragons. I have adjusted my guide to suit the changes of the latest update.

Happy slaying

The magic defence will be barely noticable, so I opted for strength giving boots, and I had Rune on because I had no climbing boots in my bank. :o

Thanks for that, I'm actually going to add now.

But beware of the Blood Forfeit as you lose HP too.

maybe you could add some pictures of you fighting the dragon...O.o

It was crowded on the first day which is when I made this guide. <.<

If you REALLY want me to show you proof that I fought the dragons I have some ancients pages in my book....

Otherwise it doesn't add much to the guide itself besides illustrations... :|

But beware, keep your health above 10% or else you will be hit by the special as well and die!

I would like to add, to improve your guide, this last statement is incorrect.

Quote from the KB:

Chance of losing 10% of your Hitpoints to remove 20% of your opponent's Hitpoints. Does not work if you can't spare the Hitpoints.

You cannot die from the special, but I would also add this point. Using a Ruby/Diamond bolt combination is the most effective. Once the dragon gets to 1/2 HP, blood (ruby) specials are not effective, as the special does more damage on you than the dragon.

The diamond bolts special...

Chance of negating a sizeable portion of your opponent's defence against Ranged attacks.
makes them a more effective bolt to use when the dragon is under 1/2 health.

Just an FYI.

dawnsigblue-3.png