Turn Off Follow Button

Shaunri33

Well, im sure about every person over 80 combat as been followed by people that are lvl 50 and below and won't leave you alone, especially f2p people. Wouldn't it be great if you could have a turn off follow button? or option? Like, i get 50 people a day following me when im just trying to raise my skills, and they don't get the point when you don't talk to them. Here are some examples I have had of people following me and saying stuff:

"Will you marry me"

"Whered you get your armour"

"Howd you get such a high lvl"

"Can i have some free stuff please"

"Money for the poor"

"Wanna be my friend?"

"Your hot"

Like cmon they even follow me into the wild cause im pking, thats why hal way through the day i usually turn off public chat and just sit in train or raise skills in piece. BUt i still get people following me, this one guy followed me aroudn for an hour trading me and when i eventually traded him he tried to give me bronze! Sign your name if you agree that we need this option

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally! The only people who should ever follow me are those on my friends list. No one else. I can't stand it when some kid latches on to me, and begs for food, or tries to scam me. This would be an easy fix in the game, and needs to happen. The less bothering high lvl players get from "noobs", the better! I'm all for this!

try ignoring them? :roll:

Im guessing your p2p and dont know what its like, oh ya i ignore them, like I said half way through the day ill turn off public chat, but they still follow me for over an hour

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

Im guessing your p2p and dont know what its like, oh ya i ignore them, like I said half way through the day ill turn off public chat, but they still follow me for over an hour

Your exagerating (i doubt they follow you for hours on end, most get fed up after 5 minutes), but try to make the best of it.

I ask them to dance and shout praise to me, and I give them a little money if we arrive at my destination and they are still there.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Your exagerating (i doubt they follow you for hours on end, most get fed up after 5 minutes), but try to make the best of it.

I ask them to dance and shout praise to me, and I give them a little money if we arrive at my destination and they are still there.

No im not exagerating, he was annoying as hell, i was about to go into the wild and kill him but then i remembered he was to low lvl. And for the pking thing you could just turn it back on when your pking?

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

Guest Enkidutorix

im lvl 85 and i like following begging noobs to begg em!! i catch em off guard and i love it!!! Yay to the following option!!

i think back to when i was lv 50-below, i was curious to what it is like to be a higher level

im nice to noobs and try to answer their questions

An off follow button might be a neat addition, but there is other small little things that jagex could spend better time fixing.

whats the follow button have to do with this?

They can still click where your going :roll:

And try begging them for stuff, it always works :wink:

It would be harder for them to do that :P

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

Sorta like the privacy button where we can choose if we want it on, off, or friends only.....best idea I've heard in a LONG time. :D

i still think begging them works. gives more of a "wdf?!" moment :lol: