Funniest thing that happen to you with a scammer?Come shoot!

sleepyboi

Once i had someone(x) pm me saying that his friend(y) is leaving runescape and that his friend(y) is having a drop party so he(x) asked me to tag along. I agreed as i had nothing to do and followed both of them(x+y) to a house in fally 2nd floor.

Indeed, he(y) started to drop items ranging from bbones,rune items,diamonds.

And since there were only me and the guy(x) who ask me to tag along playing the drop game, i picked up afew items.

Then his friend(y) say he wanted to have a quiz,and the first to answer will get items(he will trade to give). Again i got items from him.

Lastly,i dont know what he(y) say but i knew somehow we are starting a trusted game for the grand prize of 3mil. He(y) asked us to start "bidding"(the trade to him and he will trade back),since i have picked up lots of items,i played along with him and strangely the other guy(x) seem to be able to bid higher than me all the time. And when it seems too weird as he(y) asked me to bid my full zammy, but i told him that i allow his friend(x) to win the 3mil and i walked away.

Once i said that, they started to pm me as in follows

Y: if you bid your zammy, then the cash will be halved and you both will earn a good sum

X: please bid it, i need the cash

*this went on for quite awhile with me saying nty nty i give him the full amount :pray:

Finally they both gave up and logoff, and i earn 2 rune scimmy,2rune baxe,300bbones,and etc i cant remember :-w

the funny thing was that after afew days,(x) pm me saying "yay i won 1mil", AND "add MY OTHER ACC(which is (y))"

lol then i realized it was the same person using both accounts :shock:

it was rather fun to have scammers being scammed themselves =D>

runemsanta,zzzprozzz.gif

Asked me to come to a German world, as he was going to give me

9mil worth of magic logs for my Dragon sq shield.

Luckily I knew the scam, he put up a load of willows

& told me it was 9mil of magic logs I cancelled and hit report,

telling him I know the scam he then went onto telling me how

he does it and how much he has made from it, all within 60 seconds

of me hitting report so it will all be there for Jagex.

(Funny part is he'll probably still get away with it)

Read the almost got scammed topic about my post for punishing a "free account" scammer.

Erm this thread is for people to tell everyone funny things that happen to them with a scammer :thumbsup:

So everyone dont be shy just shoot*

runemsanta,zzzprozzz.gif

something like this hapened to my brother

he sold rune claws for good stuff ( obby maul also ) the scammer wanted to remove the obby maul , but forogt!! my brother have a pic with all the offer he gave , so the scammer bought rune claws for 250k+ :thumbsup:

mithmdefcape,mustang%20gt79.gif

~~back to f2p~~

Read the almost got scammed topic about my post for punishing a "free account" scammer.

Erm this thread is for people to tell everyone funny things that happen to them with a scammer :thumbsup:

So everyone dont be shy just shoot*

The post is there, I am not going to copy it here again.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

:lol: scammed a scammer :lol:

basically, he offered 350k for my 1k lobs.... about to accept, notice the change from 350k to 35k.... so i remove 999 lobs

he accepts twice, sold 1 lobbie for 35k... pWnt!

goku_215.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

Shoving kamehamehas up noobs since 2004

--------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>>| Member of Lost Legion |<<<<<<<

Well i was buying some coal and the guy scammed me with iron iw as ina rush so i jsut kept clicking only like 500k lose o well Then i ask my mod bud to come and not talk and see what happens.

So he scams the mod out of 100k o well i payed him back but then the mod talked and said you've been reported. Then he liek frooze i guess with fear and then Mr.hyde came and killed him and i ended up with 12k coal and 20k iron and over 3m but i gave half to the mod since he was uber ownage dude!

Haha noob scammers

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Someone tried to the wildy whip plus noted dragon battleaxes. So i go along with it, and I bring a low alchemy spell to the wild. I run to the wilderness(no ditch then) and I pick up the 4 dbaxes. I low alched one, so I got 3 free dragon battleaxes lol.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

dragonmguthan,Qazadex.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

I swear everytime i go to a F2p world (i'm a member) some noob randomly trades me full iron or somin then he keeps tradin me. Most of runescape's population is a combined IQ of 20 #-o.

when a guy ask me to trade him my stuff so he can get a better look at it

funny thing is i got a reply from jagex saying

Thank you for your feedback action has been taking against him or something like that

6 year anniversary was 8/25/09

rjasper49ny7.png

thx for the sig Runescape's fav cookie Oreo9870

back in the day (about a year and a half ago then :XD: ) there was a scam with red chaps and dragon legs, they would offer noted d legs and swap for dragonhide, because the second screen said dragon on it (they changed it to say red d'hide chaps because of this scam) so it was believable, i was walking along and i see this guy selling d legs for 2m...hmm suspicious, i'm wearing my training outfit so i take off my whip and rune boots and put them up, he puts up noted d legs, i take off whip and accept because i know he's gonna switch....but he doesnt...he sits there for about a minute on the 2nd screen with rune boots for dragon legs, me with my fingers crossed, him presumabley thinking hmm i guess rune boots for dhide chaps is still good, so accepts and goes thanks for the rune boots, and i sit there going...thanks for the d legs, he looks at invo and logs off.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

I was selling a rune full helm (t) back in the day, and some guy tried to do that scam where he puts up a bunch of items to distract you while he takes away a big chunk of the initial money. I saw all the items go up, then saw the money being taken away, but then noticed that the gp + items were in fact still worth more than the helm, so I accepted :lol: (there was half a splitbark set and a bunch of bowstrings and crap).

He logged off right after he completed the trade, he probably thought he pulled off some big scam on me or something.

Mithdragonsig5.jpg

Someone tried to the wildy whip plus noted dragon battleaxes. So i go along with it, and I bring a low alchemy spell to the wild. I run to the wilderness(no ditch then) and I pick up the 4 dbaxes. I low alched one, so I got 3 free dragon battleaxes lol.

why u low alched 1 ?

mithmdefcape,mustang%20gt79.gif

~~back to f2p~~

Well it's not exactly all me..

My brother comes running up to me saying he just got given a lvl 112 account, I thought he was talking bull, but he logged onto it and I was like wtf? He tells me that the person quit and gave it to him.. Luckily for him I knew this scam, where you put stuff on account and they hack it back. So I dropped the only thing in the bank of value : Her fighter Torso. Heh, next day, password is changed, and I pm her saying "Great scam".. :D

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

I remember when i was in buying ahrims in Falador park, and this lvl115+ guy trades me. I offered my cash, and he puts up ahrims hood, ahrims skirt and a black robe. I realised this and decided to just remove my cash and click accept. The funny thing is, he also accepted in a rush and so i got free ahrims. Afterwards he was begging me to give it back, and eventually goes "Reported noob". :roll:

sir%20hitz.gif

Received guthans warspear from chest on 13/01/07

"It's five past rune."

When I was buying my verac this guy was trying to do the skirt scam.

But isntead of taking off helm

He just added the skirt lol

then we both accepted but he declined on 2nd screen :(

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

Lol ty for all who post your funny encounters with scammers, it is funny when scammers get careless :lol:

if i have more funny encounter i will post them :twisted:

*waits for more people to share =P~

runemsanta,zzzprozzz.gif

Urgh...My friend had a really funny one, but he's on vacation and I can't remember >.<

Want me to make one up? :P

(I won't, as it will probably end up involving Jad, tea, and a train)

EDIT:Woot!!! I remember :D

My friend was buying strange fruits (he was going to try to run through the monkey madness dungeon with no prayer-don't ask me why), 800k worth (I'm not sure how much he was paying each), and the scammer came up to him and offered around a thousand purple sweets. My friend knew he would put up some random junk, but he actually put up 10k gold, then reduced it to 2k (wierd, I know...) and accepted. My friend pretty much got a free 2k and a whole lot of purple sweets. (Which he of course shared with me <3: )

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

why u low alched 1 ?

I would too cause the scammer would get the gp of 1 one dba he alch

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

why u low alched 1 ?

So I could protect my whip.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

dragonmguthan,Qazadex.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

I swear everytime i go to a F2p world (i'm a member) some noob randomly trades me full iron or somin then he keeps tradin me. Most of runescape's population is a combined IQ of 20 #-o.

why u low alched 1 ?

So I could protect my whip.

Thanks for the idea :D

Next time some guy trys that on me, I will alch it :D

Free 450k please :P

Awesome...

stn00bl37dz0.jpg

some scammer was near draynor bank and kept on raving about his lvl 126 main with lvl 99 in everything. he tells me to look him up on the high scores list as zezema. I tell him he spelled it wrong and he's like fine, give me 500k and i'll show you. not in his dreams. eventually he gives up trying to get me to scam me and instead starts raving about his so called mains things. 15 full zammy armors? Why the hell does an absolute pure need 15 zammy armors. then he tells me he can give me full guthix for 500k. the stupid lvl 3 noob was eventually tired of trying to scam me and left. LOL. noobs can be so stupid some times!!

MY FIRST POST!!!!! WOOOT WOOOT

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

why u low alched 1 ?

Let me tell you the mechanism of this dirty trick

General store price of whip < that of a dragon battleaxe

Street price of a whip >>> street price of 4 dragon battleaxes

So, they hope to lure you to get all the battleaxes (in wildy) when you are holding the whip, then kill you. Since the battleaxes protects over the whip due to its higher general store price, you loses the whips and get only 3~4 battleaxes (depending on whether you've use protect item prayer or not)

Now, when he alch a battleaxe, he only get 3 battleaxes and some gold. As an gold is considered to be individual when you die (same for all stackable items like runes), the value of it is only 1gp for all gold coins. So, you will lose all your gold coins but being able to keep all the remaining battleaxes and whip when you get back to Lumby. (with protect item prayer on)

High Alch also work, but why should we give more benefits to a scammer? Let him suffer!

Another variation is to use imp-in-a-box to transfer all the battleaxes to the bank. Be careful that this trick don't work when you pass lvl20 wildy.

Currently taking a break from Runescape