Training Mage, Using Curse?

Zetore

I read that the cheapest way to get 99 mage it to buy a Mud Staff and use Curse spell over and over... And over. But where is the best place to train this way?

Thanks for any help :)

It is best to try and fail this spell as much as possible, so you will be able to keep casting the spell on the same monster over and over again. To fail as many spells as possible, try to get a big -magic offensive bonus, so wear full iron. Also cast the spells on a monster with high magic defence, like monks of zamorak near the wilderniss.

I'd wear something with the worst mage attack bonus in the game.

Also just keep casting it on something with high mage def.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Honestly i'd go with high alching but curses are cheaper but they take alot more time. just get huge negative attack magic

Primeaction.jpeg
Not all F2Pers are beggars or scammers, some are respected members, but these respected people are over-populated by these beggar and scammers.

Most people do curse training at the zombies underneath the Magic Guild, if you're looking for a good place... There's at least 10 of them down there, so if you somehow get one of your spells to hit, you'll have at least 9 others to change off to.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Good luck dude, I my self, curse to 70 magic then started PCing my magic with ranged.

You should wear

Iron (*Bronze, Mithril w/e doesn't make a difference) Helmet

Iron (*) Plate

Iron (*) Legs

Dragonhide vambraces

SoS boots

-

Curse the guy in Varrock Castle under the stairs (thats what I did), he has high mage def and if you hit him once you can like 1 sec after fire again:D

Have Fun - I am impressed if you can.

Pm me for further questions:)

Ohh... This is a lot more confusing than I was hoping. Maybe I'll just ditch the idea.

lol, I can never stick to a goal anyways. :P

Well you did get a number of very good answers but the whole concept is really very simple.

Wear any full metal armor set and go and Curse from any safe spot.

That's really all that there is to it.

The armor can be full helm, plate, legs, kite shield, SoS boots, green vambraces, and a staff.

That will get your magic attack stat to -68.

That's more than enough to always fail when casting and, hence, allow you to recast on the same monster.

There are plenty of places and monsters that you can use equally well.

Since you will always fail, you can use almost any monster.

I prefer to use 100% safe monsters in a multi-combat area.

You could try casting from the key room in the Varrock sewers across the water into the 4 zombie ladder room.

Any caged monster will also work well.

Failed cursing is a very cost effective, but boring way to raise magic.

Other spells are faster but also more costly.

Hope this helps

Im training with curses right now:

Level 1 Magic (Air Strike) to Level 3 magic (Confuse)

Level 3 Magic (Confuse) to Level 11 Magic (Weaken)

Level 11 Magic (Weaken) to Level 19 Magic (Curse)

Level 19 Magic (Curse) to Level 55 Magic (High Alch)

Level 55 Magic (High Alch) to 60 Magic (Mage Arena)

Now you will have 10 HP only.

Train Ranged or Attack + Strength until you have a desired HP level

Now do mage arena and ur gonna be like 38-43 CB Level

Enjoy ;)

(psst, later when you get like 85 magic do Waterfall quest for 12-14K Atk and Str exp)

or you could use a higher lvl spell, with the same idea. ex, vunerablility, stun, ect. and since those all need some earth and water and 1 soul, you could get a mud staff and a lot of souls, and that should be alot faster. idk how much xp you get for each cast, but it should be pretty easy to look up.

fatdog%2016.gif

fatdog_16.png

la%20vie%20est%20mal,%20mais%20il%20est%20bon%20un%20peu.png

OF course that mother is badly crazy,

but I dont understand why the 22 year old girl wants to live with and have sex with the 13 year boy, just because he is lvl 126 or something?

Guest sandhill5
I hope you have a LOT of patience. Doing it to 99 is quite slow and very hard on the hands, as you have to cast over and over.

You forget; the post author said he was using a Mud Staff, which lets you autocast curses. Technically, he could sit there and watch it cast on monsters for six hours and have to click hardly at all.

The part that confuses me if failing to cast the spell... It just doesnt make sense that I get exp when I FAIL. Lol, I'm dumb. But if that's how it works okay.

you get xp for any spell just for casting it. however, for the combat spells(the ones that do damage), you get damage xp as well, if you do damage.

fatdog%2016.gif

fatdog_16.png

la%20vie%20est%20mal,%20mais%20il%20est%20bon%20un%20peu.png

OF course that mother is badly crazy,

but I dont understand why the 22 year old girl wants to live with and have sex with the 13 year boy, just because he is lvl 126 or something?

I hope you have a LOT of patience. Doing it to 99 is quite slow and very hard on the hands, as you have to cast over and over.

You forget; the post author said he was using a Mud Staff, which lets you autocast curses. Technically, he could sit there and watch it cast on monsters for six hours and have to click hardly at all.

You are EXTREMELY misinfromed. A mud staff, nor any staff, will autocast curse, or any of those stat reducing spells. If they autocasted, more people would do it. :roll:

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

Im training with curses right now:

Level 1 Magic (Air Strike) to Level 3 magic (Confuse)

Level 3 Magic (Confuse) to Level 11 Magic (Weaken)

Level 11 Magic (Weaken) to Level 19 Magic (Curse)

Level 19 Magic (Curse) to Level 55 Magic (High Alch)

Level 55 Magic (High Alch) to 60 Magic (Mage Arena)

Now you will have 10 HP only.

No need to use air strike, just do Witch's potion to get to level 3 magic.

You are EXTREMELY misinfromed. A mud staff, nor any staff, will autocast curse, or any of those stat reducing spells. If they autocasted, more people would do it. :roll:

Yeah, saidly, it does not auto cast. My poor index finger is gonna fall off. :ohnoes: