Pope: If it ain't Catholic, it ain't a church

Zonorhc

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous pope was far more outspoken than this one. Just because John Paul disproved of communism doesn't mean he was a better pope. I'm not a communist, but the previous pope wasn't some accepting old grandfather character. Let's not forget he also spoke out against homosexuals, contraception and abortion. Don't try and say this pope is any different from predecessors.

He also said he believes in Evolution.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's the Anti-Christ...But the Anti-Pope, surely.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Why are popes so old? Ever seen a 20 year old pope? ageist ftl

They have to be old enough to not be able to touch the Alter Boys.

Look at the last Pope...Dude could barely lift his own head!

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

They have to be old enough to not be able to touch the Alter Boys.

Look at the last Pope...Dude could barely lift his own head!

:lol: :lol:

Begs the question of why parents would give their little boys to the choir?

I mean knowing there are 40+ year old, single men there who have never touched a woman in their lifetime.

Desperate rings a bell.

Edit: maybe it's like

'Johnny if you don't finish your veg I'll send you to the choir'

(Johnny doesn't eat)

1 month later

'Mummy take me home!!! I'll eat anything!'

A friend to all is a friend to none.

*Sighs* I guess that I'm not a christian then... 'Least according to his holyness. Good thing my judge and King is Jesus rather then Benedict. besides, the term Christian has become too watered down of late.

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

It's not Biblically founded, because the Papacy didn't exist in the time frame that the Bible references?

actually, there are a couple references to Papacy. One of them is when Jesus makes the miracle where his disciples pull a giant load of fish on a day when few fish came (forgot bible reference, sorry!). Peter (who later became the first pope) hauled the net of fish, 157 in number. at the time, there were 157 known countries in existence. Then Jesus said "I will make you fishers of men". Peter didn't seperate the fish "ok this tuna is protestant... throw him back. Hmm... a Lutheran salmon? To hell with him! Ah a Catholic bass! I shall put this on my mantle!" This entire part of the gospel symbolizes that Peter and future popes would unite all nations, which is exactly what the current pope ISN'T doing.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Now, while its true that few other churches have apostolic succession, doesn't mean we can't get along. I mean, after this public report gets larger, people will blame catholics everywhere. "Haha stupid catholic your pope is religion-ist".

I always thought it was a fundamentalist belief "OUR RELIGION OWNS YOU ALL". Turns out, our own leader is confirming it.

[hide=]

But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

All christianic(is that a word? xD) religions derive from the Jewish religion. Because of all theses sects we see comments like what Benedict quite often. Its only a matter of time till we see other religions like evolution be put into sects.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

The previous pope was far more outspoken than this one. Just because John Paul disproved of communism doesn't mean he was a better pope. I'm not a communist, but the previous pope wasn't some accepting old grandfather character. Let's not forget he also spoke out against homosexuals, contraception and abortion. Don't try and say this pope is any different from predecessors.

Thats only because it is Christian belief. Isn't a Pope considered "good" if he speaks out against what his people think is immoral?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Thats only because it is Christian belief. Isn't a Pope considered "good" if he speaks out against what his people think is immoral?

I was just comparing the current pope to the previous.

I'm considering cancelling our lunch over this...I'm Atheist, but still....and really, what does this actually do to anybody? it's not like the Protestant churches will have to disband...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

That guy's an [wagon].

This pope only fails because popes are meant to be rabbits

Yeah, the first pope was a rabbit and Jesus Christ picked a rabbit to be the pope because it's better suited for the role.

[hide]

1105_2_rabbit_pope.jpg[/hide]

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

That guy's an [wagon].

Surely you don't mean me do you? Bt why are people saying popes should be rabbits? i thought this peter guy was the first pope...thats what some other guys said...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

No, sorry. I was talking about the Pope.

And as for the popes should be rabbits thing, it was off of the Easter special episode for South Park.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I've read the bible and it says nothing about having a pope.

<.<

well it does when jesus leaves he gives peter the keys to the church and says what ever the church says on earth goes in heaven. catholic shcoolin 4 ya.

and darkmage he didnt say that homos are bad just the act becasue it is the same as premarital sex.although i dont really like them. hate that parade wierdos. just cause you like guys doesnt mean you need to be a flamer. and abortion is bad.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Technically it should be, "if it aint Jewish it isn't a church". :-w

And technically what your saying is every other religion is a church? #-o

Jews have evidence of their religion way back before Jesus. Christians can also go almost as far, up to Jesus because of apostolic succession. Lutherans were started by a guy named Martin Luthur. Anglicans (though I'm not sure if they're around anymore) were started by Henry VII. What the pope is saying is that no other religion can compare themselves to christianity and Jewish because those two went back thousands of years ago. Basically, Christians and Jews are more accurate in religious history. That doesn't meran all other religions are frauds, it just means they can't compare. I know I'll get a thousand flames for this, so I'll say I AM PERFECTLY TOLERANT OF OTHER RELIGIONS.

Now do I approve of the pope's actions? No. Sounds like it'll do more harm than good, seeing as Catholics are under fire already for our beliefs. All the pope did was fuel the fire in the already heated debates and put us catholics under the spot we are already in.

[hide=]

[/hide]

montageo.png

Actually, Popes can be any male catholic in the world of any age. It can be a baby, but of course the votes would have to approve. Who should be trusted more? a 20 year old who only cares about music and his love life? or a 60 year old who has seen several decades of history, has seen 1 or 2 past popes in his life, and learned a lot more through life experience?

[hide=]

[/hide]

montageo.png

If they aren't churches then what are they?

religion is so strange, I prefer to avoid it :-s :roll:

I don't get why Christians don't get along with Jews sometimes because there savior was Jewish :-s

well the jews did kill him. just cause its on south park doesnt mean it isnt true.

You know so little...

The Jews did kill Jesus, even if indirectly. They denied him and called for his crucifixtion...His death wasn't done by their hands (I believe the Romans actually did the deed), but his death was on their hands.

- Me!