Pope: If it ain't Catholic, it ain't a church

Zonorhc

Link

Pope: Other Christians not true churches

By NICOLE WINFIELD, Associated Press Writer Tue Jul 10, 3:59 PM ET

LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy - Pope Benedict XVI reasserted the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches and Catholicism provides the only true path to salvation.

The statement brought swift criticism from Protestant leaders. "It makes us question whether we are indeed praying together for Christian unity," said the World Alliance of Reformed Churches, a fellowship of 75 million Protestants in more than 100 countries.

"It makes us question the seriousness with which the Roman Catholic Church takes its dialogues with the reformed family and other families of the church," the group said in a letter charging that the document took ecumenical dialogue back to the era before the Second Vatican Council.

It was the second time in a week that Benedict has corrected what he says are erroneous interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, the 1962-1965 meetings that modernized the church. On Saturday, Benedict revived the old Latin Mass ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also doubely funny when you consider he was part of Hitler's unique sect of Catholicism aswell. :roll:

Seriously, why did they vote this guy into this role? He won't do anything to bring the masses back to church services, and he actualyl lot a lot of respect with me when he agreed to host an audience with the Katey and Liam McCann - he should have been the one telling them what for for being so neglegant in the first place.

That man doesn't deserve being called pope, he is narrow-minded, and judgemental.

Seriously, why did they vote this guy into this role?

Imo, the vote was tricked.

2480+ total

That man doesn't deserve being called pope, he is narrow-minded, and judgemental.

Seriously, why did they vote this guy into this role?

Imo, the vote was tricked.

Like Bush O:)
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

The pope doesn't like non-catholics? z0mg :shock:

Getting along better with Muslims? Well, last year I think he made a statement claiming Islam to be the most violent religion in the world and denouncing it, and some Turks hijacked a plane to Rome or somewhere in protest. He just hates everyone, methinks.

Actually, if anything the Papacy is as false as Pope Benedict is claiming Protestantism to be, because the whole Papal-thing is founded on something that didn't happen. In about 300 A.D. when Constantine adopted Christianity, he supposedly gave the pope at the time the complete authority over the entire Western Roman empire and recorded it in a document called "The Donation of Constantine." In reality it was a forged document from several hundred years later that the Papacy used to exert its dominance over the secular kings.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

I've read the bible and it says nothing about having a pope.

<.<

I remember something about Peter being sent by jesus to build up and lead the church, or something like that.

Anyway, as a Catholic, I really HATE this pope. John Paul was awesome, but this guy just freaks me out. To restate myself: I follow the catholic belief system, but I don't follow these guys. After all, he didn't speak with infallibility, or anything. (Wiki Reference)

<.<

I remember something about Peter being sent by jesus to build up and lead the church, or something like that.

Anyway, as a Catholic, I really HATE this pope. John Paul was awesome, but this guy just freaks me out. To restate myself: I follow the catholic belief system, but I don't follow these guys. After all, he didn't speak with infallibility, or anything. (Wiki Reference)

Yea, Peter was supposed to be the "rock", the foundation on which it would be built. And it so happened that he was the Archbishop of Rome, the first pope. And all those who follow in papacy are considered to be his successors of sorts. But the Bible never really says "Thou shall have Popes!". Nothing wrong with it, but i dont like this guy. ESPECIALLY after he insulted Protestants that way.

Im protestant myself :thumbsup: .

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

In the words of Will Smith in 'Bad Boys 2'. "...You can kiss my black [wagon]" except im not black, thats why I used a quote -.-

If I were catholic right now, I would seriously be looking in Bhudisim. As it stands im one of the "other" chistians, though I was alredy considering Bhudisim anyway.

The pope can take his crazy belifes and shove it, for all I care.

Note:I havent read the whole article yet, so I might be missing something. But im pretty sure my view will hold steady one I finish.

Technically it should be, "if it aint Jewish it isn't a church". :-w

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

...Yea, because eating crackers and drinking wine REALLY makes your religion superior to every other sect.

Or not.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

In the words of Will Smith in 'Bad Boys 2'. "...You can kiss my black [wagon]" except im not black, thats why I used a quote -.-

If I were catholic right now, I would seriously be looking in Bhudisim. As it stands im one of the "other" chistians, though I was alredy considering Bhudisim anyway.

The pope can take his crazy belifes and shove it, for all I care.

Note:I havent read the whole article yet, so I might be missing something. But im pretty sure my view will hold steady one I finish.

Actually, I have a whole little system worked out.

Main, Underlying belief system: Catholicism

Philosophical Standpoint: Buddhism

And from a standpoint of promoting a religion: Pastafarian 8-)

Not to insult His Holiness(as in God not this pope) but umm...ya, Pope John Paul II(I believe), his precessor, was alot BETTER. He led people to become closer and he communicated with people other then only his religion and beliefs. he didn't see people as this pope does now, you are X(evil), you are Y(evil), you are like me! Your saved!

In short, the last pope makes this guy look like a leader with authoritarian views, the last pope for goodness sakes is already on his way to become a saint! While this one is currently marking such and such blaa blaa blaa.

The last pope preached unity and went all around the world, it is an insult to the future St. John Paul II that this guy successes him!

All I conclude is, may God decide judgement.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

<.<

This pope only fails because popes are meant to be rabbits...its only logical.

This Pope is worthless. There are many other religious leaders (my favorite being the Aga Kahn) out there that can/will do more than 10x what he has/will do. Frankly, he's incompetent.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

:? All of that went over my head. Anyone want to give me a one sentence (maybe even two) about what it was about.

All I can gather is that the pope says anyone that isn't roman catholic isn't part of a church.... which is weird.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

:? All of that went over my head. Anyone want to give me a one sentence (maybe even two) about what it was about.

All I can gather is that the pope says anyone that isn't roman catholic isn't part of a church.... which is weird.

He's saying all other Christian sects (Protestant, Mormon, etc.) are not "true" churches.

Though I myself am Protestant, I admired the previous Pope because he promoted tolerance among not only among all Christian sects, but all other religions. This Pope is going to hurt Catholicism (sp?), badly (and it's been under enough fire already).