Pope: If it ain't Catholic, it ain't a church

Zonorhc

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no the jews did kill jesus directly. Pilate wanted to let him go and tried to. the reason jesus was whipped was so that the jews would think he was punished and let him live but they still said crucify him so then he let them choose someone to let go and they didnt pick jesus. so then pilate killed him so that he could keep the peace in israel and not have cesar get mad at him. jews= :twisted: jk

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Since AM Catholic I feel obligated to say something about this......Oh yea:

Judging people based on human standards is, ironically, not Christian at all. I never really liked the new pope, I always felt something strange about him, something familiar, something like George Bush :shock: . Anyway, even just by looking at a picture, I could tell that he wasn't the right one (gut instincts ftw). As for his thing that Christianity is the only way to heaven, that's open to interpretation.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

well the jews did kill him. just cause its on south park doesnt mean it isnt true.

You know so little...

The Jews did kill Jesus, even if indirectly. They denied him and called for his crucifixtion...His death wasn't done by their hands (I believe the Romans actually did the deed), but his death was on their hands.

Actually, that was another reference to the south park easter special episode. (The one where it makes the pope an easter bunny)

Someone said south park, so I am forced to quote stan's dad. :P

well the jews did kill him. just cause its on south park doesnt mean it isnt true.

You know so little...

The Jews did kill Jesus, even if indirectly. They denied him and called for his crucifixtion...His death wasn't done by their hands (I believe the Romans actually did the deed), but his death was on their hands.

Actually, that was another reference to the south park easter special episode. (The one where it makes the pope an easter bunny)

Tigra, Christians, much less catholics didn't exist until Jesus was resurrected :shame: , so how could Catholics be the cause of his death?

Errdoth is right, everything on south park is secretly true.....lol

Anyway, even just by looking at a picture, I could tell that he wasn't the right one (gut instincts ftw).

You can't possibly mean this picture:

05342678001qp2.jpg

No of course not, everyone looks better in pictures than in real life.

You know so little...

Tigra, Christians, much less catholics didn't exist until Jesus was resurrected :shame: , so how could Catholics be the cause of his death?

Errdoth is right, everything on south park is secretly true.....lol

Are people [developmentally delayed]ed, or can you just not read? Honestly, someone always just MAKES SOMETHING UP that I "said" and then says I'm wrong.

I said the JEWS killed Jesus...Nowhere in my entire post was the word "Christian" or "Catholic" said or even implied.....................

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Anyway, even just by looking at a picture, I could tell that he wasn't the right one (gut instincts ftw).

05342678001qp2.jpg

He looks EVIL. Seriously, look at his eyes.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

05342678001qp2.jpg

He looks EVIL. Seriously, look at his eyes.

Yeah, that dude needs some sleep. :P

That man can think whatever the hell he wants, he isn't God. But I don't really see where he gets the nerve to say something like that. Maybe it's because he isn't given any power in any of the other branches of Chritianity. Regardless, I'd be interested to see how many Catholics actually agree with him.

Cool.

What the pope is saying is that no other religion can compare themselves to christianity and Jewish because those two went back thousands of years ago. Basically, Christians and Jews are more accurate in religious history. That doesn't meran all other religions are frauds, it just means they can't compare. I know I'll get a thousand flames for this, so I'll say I AM PERFECTLY TOLERANT OF OTHER RELIGIONS.

Wow, that's really stupid. (Of him, not of you.) So age justifies correctness now? Wow, look, Hinduism is the oldest surviving religion. Guess that makes it better than Christianity or Judaism. Oh wow, ancient Celtic nature-druidry is an even older religion, the fact that it doesn't exist anymore is beside the point, it's got more history so it's gotta be BETTAR!

:roll:

sig2.jpg

What the pope is saying is that no other religion can compare themselves to christianity and Jewish because those two went back thousands of years ago. Basically, Christians and Jews are more accurate in religious history. That doesn't meran all other religions are frauds, it just means they can't compare. I know I'll get a thousand flames for this, so I'll say I AM PERFECTLY TOLERANT OF OTHER RELIGIONS.

Wow, that's really stupid. (Of him, not of you.) So age justifies correctness now? Wow, look, Hinduism is the oldest surviving religion. Guess that makes it better than Christianity or Judaism. Oh wow, ancient Celtic nature-druidry is an even older religion, the fact that it doesn't exist anymore is beside the point, it's got more history so it's gotta be BETTAR!

:roll:

According to the Bible, hasn't Judaeism pretty much been around since the dawn of time? You don't have to believe the Bible, but I would have to say that, age-wise, Judaeism is up there with Hinduism, mind you, I'm not that educated with religions, so I'm happy to be proven wrong (no sarcasm).

Cool.

are all Americans like George Bush?

No.

way to answer a rhetorical question :wink:. It was meant to show not all Catholics think the same way as the Pope for anyone else who missed it.

are all Americans like George Bush?

No.

way to answer a rhetorical question :wink:. It was meant to show not all Catholics think the same way as the Pope for anyone else who missed it.

Ohhh. It flew right over my head. :oops:

On topic - Popes come and go, one man - despite being the leader of a group does not reflect the people he commands - are all Americans like George Bush?

Okay, the "I hate Bush" bandwagon is getting a little big for my tastes.

Let's get back on the "I hate the Clintons" bandwagon. At least that one has some logic in it, and way more room.

Not that this is the place to discuss this kind of stuff :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

On topic - Popes come and go, one man - despite being the leader of a group does not reflect the people he commands - are all Americans like George Bush?

Let's get back on the "I hate the Clintons" bandwagon. At least that one has some logic in it, and way more room.

woooooo another misinterpretation of my statement! I used GB as an example of a person who leads a vast number of people; many of which disagree with him or would not want to be generalised with him. Who is right and wrong didn't come into it, neither did hate.

Jews have evidence of their religion way back before Jesus. Christians can also go almost as far, up to Jesus because of apostolic succession. Lutherans were started by a guy named Martin Luthur. Anglicans (though I'm not sure if they're around anymore) were started by Henry VII.

I just thought I'd quickly roflmao at that. Anglicanism is still the official religion of Britain. In fact it is one of the largest christian churches. And all because a horny bloke wanted to have another wife :shock: Ironic really, that one of the most religiously diverse countries in the world still has an official state religion, and bans the monarch from being catholic.

Anyway, it all seems a bit petty really. What would Jesus say do you reckon 'this guys the boss - obey without question', or would he rail at the corrupt pomposity of catholicism? And can they really claim apostolic succession with popes like Alexander VI - the guy had kids for flips sake!

All religion seems daft to me, but the Vatican appears to have used the power religion holds over people to accumulate worldly power - and that is just wrong.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

woooooo another misinterpretation of my statement! I used GB as an example of a person who leads a vast number of people; many of which disagree with him or would not want to be generalised with him. Who is right and wrong didn't come into it, neither did hate.

Hehe, I was actually going to edit my post because I wasn't sure whether or not you were saying that after reading it again, but I took a chance :-w . Looks like I lost >_<.

Dunno, just a lot of people lately hating Bush, saw a lot of "impeach Bush" signs in the northeast last week during a trip :XD: . Ah well, my bad, just trying to make a random point.

Hehe, I was actually going to edit my post because I wasn't sure whether or not you were saying that after reading it again, but I took a chance :-w . Looks like I lost >_<.

Dunno, just a lot of people lately hating Bush, saw a lot of "impeach Bush" signs in the northeast last week during a trip :XD: . Ah well, my bad, just trying to make a random point.

ur point sucked i promise u in 20 yrs historians will look at george w bushs legacy and will agree overall, he was a horrible president

ur point sucked i promise u in 20 yrs historians will look at george w bushs legacy and will agree overall, he was a horrible president

Never start an argument by saying "ur point sucked". Evah.

And I'll agree that he isn't the best of presidents, but asking for impeachment :lol: ? Hilarious.

Feel free to pm (pm, not post, this thread doesn't need this spam) me everything you find wrong with Bush (in proper English if you may), and then I'll know why you think he sucks so much. Have a nice day ::' .