Newest update and its affect to the game

hohto

I wonder how long until Pyramid Plunder is nerf.....zomg too much experience in Thieving. They should also nerf Hunter, red chins are too much of good exp. Smithing is also alot if you use gold bars /w family crest guanlets.

PP = minigame = 50k more xp per hour than normal thieving.

Gauntlets have been there since RSC and chinchompas since the release from slayer. They also aren't minigames, they are part of the skill. You obviously didn't get the point there.

I think Jagex is now trying to make the game harder. They did it with Fletching and Mining. What's to stop them with other skills.

They introduced numerous make-x options today and you're saying they are making it harder? Wake up bro!

Dude please have thought that slayer was hunter...

Chinchompas came with hunter not slayer roflmfao

best KQ drop: D2H

whip pks: 2

full dharoks pks:1

Highest stake win: 10mil

Godsmack- August 22nd

I'm glad they nerfed it, i don't think Jagex expected that it would become so popular due to the training xp, it was ment to be a minigame. I never like the concept either, 99 ranged and magic without touching a bow&arrows/runes?

yeah i agree.Many people considered pest control the game and not runescape.I think this will make the demand of armouur,runes and arrows increase over time because they cannot gain the huge amount of exp they got before.

im still undecided really over whether its good or bad.

infact make the game more strategic/barbaric by having to destroy all the creatures before the portals and you have to kill a certain amount of them to get the reward at the end.

tifsdac6mc.gif

it's one thing setting up a clan for a mini-game that has no real beneift it terms of EXP,

Don't forget Pyramid Plunder. It's superior xp in thieving when compared to other ways, a lot better than PC.

I wonder how long until Pyramid Plunder is nerf.....zomg too much experience in Thieving. They should also nerf Hunter, red chins are too much of good exp. Smithing is also alot if you use gold bars /w family crest guanlets.

I think Jagex is now trying to make the game harder. They did it with Fletching and Mining. What's to stop them with other skills.

your opinions are very rs2 pc product like. simply because they slowed exp does not mean the game got any harder then it was without a minigame that poured experience into the game.

also making the game harder? where when? i dont think so, they made a minigame less beneficial... and so what they made this game harder? who cares honestly, with slowing this game down in some areas and speeding it up or making it less focus orientated now the game balances out again.

minig gets slowed, so they make smelt smith x.

stringing gets an X option, which makes exp slower, yet less attention needs to be put into it. and herblore as well.

its like, aw we had good stuff lost it and now we have better stuff then this game originally started with, lets go cry about how this game has evolved.

Might wanna revise your opinion about the RS2 product thing, RS2 was released March 04 wich is quite awhile ago, so drop it, i'm sorry to bring this up on your thread Hohto.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

it's one thing setting up a clan for a mini-game that has no real beneift it terms of EXP,

Don't forget Pyramid Plunder. It's superior xp in thieving when compared to other ways, a lot better than PC.

I do not see the point of nerfing piramid because it is a skill that you don't need allot.

With PC it was diferent, noobs at level 40 started too hunt HU worlds and get HUGE xp! What you get? 110's with a total of 1300 :x

You can easely select them... I am hunting too 99 now when the update a few weeks ago was from implings (83 hunt required for dragon imp) were all hunt spots crowded most of them where 110's with 0 respect and a total level that is far less then mine :x They think they own you and that you are a noob... I am personaly VERRY happy with that new update of pc and i hope in a year i won't see a level 110 with a total of 1300...

So now too get back on the point:

PP = Mass XP for a skill that is useless (no cash making, no real status, etc.)

PC = Mass xp in ALL cb related skills like -> :-k

So if they nerf PP it won't make a diference, but when they nerfed pc it would be a mass affect on the game. That is my opinion...

Soz for bad spelling :D

Some make a difference...

PC clans needed to go... it's one thing setting up a clan for a mini-game that has no real beneift it terms of EXP, such as a CW or BA clan for example; it's entirely another thing setting up an ̮̩̉̉litist clan which only causes a gap between those below 90 and those above it. Minigames are meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not whoever Affliction and Hearts decide to accept. Hopefully, this will go some way into giving Level 90-s a shot at PC.

Secondly, I also expect the whole view of PC to change. It's clearly no longer a reliable source of combat EXP, in fact you'd probably get half the amount you used to due to the 3 (or however many) tickets a game. Therefore, the only things of economic worth there are the items, and this pleases me. Why should a minigame be a place to train a skill, especially one such as combat which requires tactical awareness as well as EXP?

As for the long-term effect on the economy. TBH, I think monster drops will depreciate in value as people start to realise training on monsters is a better way to gain EXP while picking up a few rare drops on the way. Hopefully, Level 100+s will start DKing, and this would inevitably lead to a depreciation of dragon axes, which in turn would create a boost for the woodcutting market, which in turn drives skillers into firemaking and fletching. Overall, I think this is a good domino effect... forcing people to actually spend time training their skills rather than purely their combat and then "pwning" everyone in the Wildy just to get by. Self-sufficiency is far better than that.

So, overall, I think this a VERY good update by Jagex. I can see lots of good potential here.

Very well said. I think you just hit the nail on, in, and through the head. =D>

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

PC was jagexes second worse update ever(tb is the worse), and nerfing it only makes sence- it took the work out of training combat.

This is true.

just a little late #-o

and TB is a great update! i just wish it would be a f2p spell now.

I stopped pking in f2p cause 95% of ppl tele.

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

I, for one, rather like this update. The 'scapers will finally have to semi-think of what they are doing in order to raise some combat. The Make X option isn't a big deal for me. Sometimes, I will like it, others, I will despise it. Jagex just needs to make an off/on button for Make X.

Prices raising can be a good thing, but at the same time a bad thing. I like the idea of nats and what not raising prices. (Mainly because I'm going for 99 Construction, and if Nats raise in price, the process will go a lot quicker) Red chins, however, would be disasterous if they went higher up in price. They are at about 650 ea. when I sold mine about a week or two ago. One of the reasons I hated Hunter so much was the spots were so filled. There would be two plus people in each spot. If you found a spot, someone would come along and kill the chins until you were forced to leave. I don't mind sharing a spot because it is not mine, but it is just rude and annoying for people to force you out of your spot. With the increase in price for chins, the spots will be going crazy! They will need to make more spots if they wish for more chins to be distributed.

I like these updates in the full perspective, but there are still some parts that I am hazy of like I said. I hope Jagex clears up the little bumps in the road. If not, they are totally capable of playing the game with. :)

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

PC was jagexes second worse update ever(tb is the worse), and nerfing it only makes sence- it took the work out of training combat.

This is true.

just a little late #-o

and TB is a great update! i just wish it would be a f2p spell now.

I stopped pking in f2p cause 95% of ppl tele.

TB made it nearly impossible to PK solo at MB and it made players terrified to enter the wilderness - you no longer see wandering players skulled in full rune exploring the wilderness because they are too afraid. Now the wild is only filled with PKers. If TB was brought into F2P, world 3 castle would be dead as well as many other locations

77yLQy8.png

The PC update has no effect on me, as I was thinking of slaying my way to 126 cb. On the other hand, I am absolutely thrilled that axe heads do not fly off anymore. Now I can woodcut at ease :lol:

devast8u.png

devast8u.png

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who can read Binary code and those who can't.

your opinions are very rs2 pc product like.

Even tho that wasn't pointed to me, I'd like to ask you what or who you were in RSC? I've personally seen far too many people at these boards crying about RS2 productions even tho they were total nobodies with low skills in RSC.

Dude please have thought that slayer was hunter...Chinchompas came with hunter not slayer roflmfao

Yea of course, blonde moment ther :oops:

I do not see the point of nerfing piramid because it is a skill that you don't need allot.

I didn't say it should be not shouldn't be nerfed :P I just gave out one minigame for Ginger that actually is great for skilling.

I am personaly VERRY happy with that new update of pc and i hope in a year i won't see a level 110 with a total of 1300...

Having high skill total and combat level don't correlate. People do what they want to and what they enjoy. If combat is your thing, I don't see anything wrong in being 126cb with 513 total as I don't see anything wrong in lvl 3s with 2k+ total.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I honestly can't understand as to why anyone's rioting over Pest Control in Falador. From what I've pieced together, they're upset that the rate of experience training at a lower level is not as high as it was, nor will it be until they can cross the gap to the level 100+ boat (at 4 tickets per, even at level 99 you'll be getting around 2K xp a game). Training on Slayer monsters (Dustdevils, Bloodvelds) wasn't as fast experience, but it was more profitable.

Now Jagex has righted the wrong that they should have over a year ago. It wasn't meant to make combat cost-effective. Sure, Jagex has no control over the prices of arrows, runes and food, but if you're going to invest a 99 or two in combat on that file, you should have paid something for the supplies. Pest Control eliminated that need to have supplies to train; all you needed was some armor, a half-decent weapon and you were all set to train to your hearts' content.

Besides this, the factor of clans does come into play rather massively here. Why should any clan restrict players from playing a minigame (which, is entitled by creation to all players) based on their level? What kind of crap is that? Just because someone wants to get their levels up insanely quick doesn't mean that a lower level should've been left out; doesn't sound all that fair or reasonable to me.

Overall, I'm going to leave it like this: find better and more inventive ways to train. Just because Pest Control is "nerfed" doesn't mean that there's not another way to get your levels up. So what if it'll cost tons more time and resources than Pest Control? You've gotta work to earn things.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I would cry if they nerfed Plunder, but they only did to Pc because it was 10 times more popular and it was vented on heavily for "ruining" RuneScape by pures going from 1-99 range in a month.

Never been and never seen PC. So I can't say.

But it's pleasure to see that Jagex finally fixed it, but it took a bit too long. =D>

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

I would cry if they nerfed Plunder, but they only did to Pc because it was 10 times more popular and it was vented on heavily for "ruining" RuneScape by pures going from 1-99 range in a month.

only thing that's stopping them from nerfing pyramid plunder is the lack of people that actually thieve and the fact that you need water skins to do it. if it weren't for that last reason though, they might nerf it.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

At magic and ranged this update might change a lot of things. For them it was easy, fast and especially free thing to do. Now when it's gone, most likely the demand for training arrows, runes and highalch items might increase a lot due the fact that the best way to train those skills got "nerfed". Also red chinchompas might see a jump in price as they are the fastest way to train ranged and even tho they are costy, they are best alternative for PC.

I like this part of your discussion. After really trying at PC, instead of going solo, and working as a team, We were able to win 22 games in a row, and i got a bit of experience (not as much as it used to give). I think that too many people had relied on PC as a source of money, as well as insane experience. I do agree, that in some ways, the lasting effects of PC are going to remain, but the 100s of "new pures" being made are going to be the ones who are complaining, and from this the market prices are going to shoot up. Sharks, which dropped due to PC, and pures no longer needing them to train, only to PK will now buy them to train, due to their low def, and easy hits from monsters. Training magic and range is now much harder, and most will buy alchs and arrows to train quickly, also bringing up the prices of runes. So in a way, players and skillers who work on RCing, and many other skills will profit from these.

Many people are already ranting on the RSOF, and there was a record number of people on those forums, (I saw almost 350 at one time). Many of these people don't understand that PC was intended to be a Fun Mini game, and disregarded it as a free and fast way to level up their skills. Now, I find the Robes more appealing than the skills, and once i hit 100 combat, I plan on PC'ing all those points, and get a full set of those robes.

All in all, the game has become much harder, I still lost a few games, but if you have a good team, then it will greatly benefit you. And now there may be more lower combat PC clans that can still receive good points.

GF JAGex, you removed a main source of training of Pures, and im glad. no more same cb people as me in wild hitting 36s with whips. (although I mean no more pures being made ::' )

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg