~Best Ways of Getting Certain 99s~

SirHartlar

I am trying to decide which 99 would be the best one to get as my first. I have narrowed it down to the last few and I need some help deciding. If you know, please can you tell me the quickest ways, the cheapest ways, and how long each will take to hit 99 (approximately). Thanks.

Don't suggest Pest Control.

-Defence

-Magic

-Theiving

-Firemaking

Thanks. :)

-Defence-Probably pc

-Magic-Probably pc

-Theiving-Sor. Garden mini game (Prince Ali rescue quests needed)

-Firemaking-Burning maples is fastest and not at all cheap

I forgot to mention that I don't wanna PC. Also, isn't Pyramid Plunder the fastest exp in the game? I forget.

Thanks.

Wats wrong with Pest control, it's the best way to level combat stats...

I like to keep my HP level appropriate to my combat levels, also if I use Pest Control it discourages me from training Slayer. Which in itself is an important skill.

@Xbox360

If I were to alch, how much would I be expecting to lose cash wise? Are there any methods I can break even on?

I know tons of people that alch yew longs, this is very costly and very easy to do :lol: but what i sometimes do to make a profit is make green d hide bodies, kill the dragons, take bones, and hides, sell bones, buy hides, and nats, make into bodies and alch =p if you do that you are not only breaking even u are making a profit \'

Xbox360lover.png

xbox360lover.png

-Defence: Bandits wear a god cape not guthix

-Magic: High alch yew longs probably but will lose some money

-Theiving: Pyramid plunder

-Firemaking: Willows or maples

Those are the best methods probablt firemaking the fastest

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Wats wrong with Pest control, it's the best way to level combat stats...

If I were to alch, how much would I be expecting to lose cash wise? Are there any methods I can break even on?

gold bracelets alch for 330, and nats are 300. So if you mined your own gold, you'd have it pay for itself.

curmudgeony.png

Nope sorcerers garden is fastest, magic second (or maybe first) would to alch or cast tons and tons of ice bursts in a multi area, and defense would be in dagganoths

Sorceror's Garden fastest? Definately a quote that comes from an expert.

Defence- Slayer, or use you salve ammy (e) and kill the lvl 80 Skeletons in Damis' lair.

Magic- Alch till 87, then use cosmic runes to cast lvl 6 Enchant in the MTA. It's pretty fast compared to the cost. I doubt you can afford to stun or burst your way there.

Thieving- Pyramid Punder. Fastest xp. From 71 and beyond there is nothing that can compete with it.

Firemaking- The cheapest way is willow logs, maple logs are great if you use MTK and Yew logs are the best if you have plenty of cash. Using mage logs to level it is just stupid.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

While its not the fastest way, there is a way to train your magic and theiving at the same time. It takes a little longer, but considering your training 2 skills at once and making 2x the profit, its not to bad.

Upon completing the death to the dorngshun quest you gain access to a new H.A.M area. This area is full of guards who when pickpocketed, give you keys. These keys can be used to open the chest in the room.

Each chest can be opened and looted anywhere from 2-5 jewlrey, coins, or gems.

This jewlrey can be anything from gold rings to diamond necklaces.

Its very common to get saphire, emerald and ruby items.

All of these can be aclched for 2x, and sometimes even 3x the profit.

The con? It takes alittle bit to thieve the guards and loot the chests and then alch all the jewlrey. But your training 2 skills and making lots of money. Roughly 50-100k an hour easy.

If you chose this, bring like 4 peices of food, for emergencies, and then a fire staff and lots of natures (200+). Its pretty fun and you can also get level 1 clues doing this if you chose to do them. However if you do the clues, it will slow down the training, but you might get lucky on some of them.

This is not the best way to train each of the skills, but the best way to train some skills at the same time and make some money while having fun.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I am particularly interested in what mEb said about using the magic training arena at 87 Magic. Is there anything else on that matter I need to know?

In PP I'm pretty sure from 91+ you can get 20k+ xp per run.

Defence - High hp easy to kill monsters of something you could afk a lil would make it seem quicker like Bandits or praying on Gorillas on Ape Atoll.

Magic - A mix of the MTA and high alching.

Firemaking - The more expensive the logs the faster the xp. Usually maples as they aren't TOO expensive but relatively fast.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

-Defence: Will probably take the longest and depending on how you do it, probably cost near no money, it actualy might make you some money. But Slayer is what i've always heard for combat.

-Magic: doing high alc with yew longs it takes about 20m i think, not sure how long

-Theiving: Well, pyramid plunder obviously, this is kind of one of those nuetral skills, costs nothing, but you make nothing

-Firemaking: Probably pretty fast, but it's super boring, Ive tried it before. Costs like 1.5-2m I think.

sigs129.gif

Firemaking:

Camp at a general store in F2p and you can buy willows at 12gp each, saving you 3 million gp on the way to 99firemaking.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I am particularly interested in what mEb said about using the magic training arena at 87 Magic. Is there anything else on that matter I need to know?

Take a lava staff, light gear and a bunch of cosmics. Grab some objects from the nearest pile and enchant them. It gives 72 xp per cast. Then dump them all in the hole and repeat. It's not very hard to get 80k/hr with this. It is rather expensive 150-200 per cosmics, but if you craft your own runes it is cheaper than alching and at 59 rc you get 2 cosmics per essence.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Take a lava staff, light gear and a bunch of cosmics. Grab some objects from the nearest pile and enchant them. It gives 72 xp per cast. Then dump them all in the hole and repeat. It's not very hard to get 80k/hr with this. It is rather expensive 150-200 per cosmics, but if you craft your own runes it is cheaper than alching and at 59 rc you get 2 cosmics per essence.

Thanks, this is exactly what I plan to do. I will get 87 Magic by a mixture of things and make all my own cosmics for 99. This thread can be locked now.