Self-Sufficiency; Make an 100% Profit! (Money making)

benar

Hello all, If you are reading this guide, then chances are youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re looking for a way to make your own money, without being dependent on other players what so ever. Before you read any further, know that being successful at this takes a great deal of time and effort, however you may have the necessary skills already. Regardless, putting my instructions into action takes time also.

Here are the necessary skills:

75 woodcut*

85 fletching*

10 crafting

55 magic*

30 mining

44 runecrafting

Completion of the Rune Mysteries quest

*Note that these are the ideal levels for the maximum profit. You can really use any logs to fletch and alch any bow, and low level alchemy still works. The runecrafting level is still a must.

Being Self-Sufficient

Wouldn't it be nice if the general store bought your magic logs for 1.1k each, just as other players do? Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that so you must sell your logs to other players. This is how things should rightfully work, otherwise there wouldn't be as much fletching, and in turn alching. Speaking of those money making methods, those are what you will be using to become self-sufficient. Woodcutting, fletching, and alchemy. Another very key one is runecrafting.

Since the player-built-economy of RuneScape works upon a supply and demand system and not a demand and supply system, to make a profit most people have to sell their raw materials/finished goods to other players, or buy them if you are in the alchemy business. The method I am talking about involves no buying, no selling, and it works all around raw materials finished goods, and alchemy. You do everything on your own, and make a 100% profit, losing no money to fluctuating prices, and even better is the 0% risk of being scammed. Therefore, here, you are being self-sufficient.

The Raw Materials

(Note that this guide assumes that you already have the correct skills for every step. We will be working with the best materials available, meaning magic logs, magic longbows, and high alchemy. However, any wood can be used to start off, and any level of alchemy.)

You canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t start making this work unless you have raw materials. Nothing would exist without the raw materials. Essentially, it is the woodcutter, the miner, the fisherman, the farmer and the hunter that fuels the consuming skills. Those are the fletchers, the blacksmiths, the cooks, the crafters, the runecrafters, the herblorists, the construction worker and whoever literally burns their money away on firemaking. Those secondary skills in turn fuel all forms of combat. The armour, the runes, the arrows, the bows, the potions and the food. Food is the most important as it allows you to keep fighting, which allows for slayer and the bones for prayer. The drops of monsters also fuel the other skills whether the drop be seeds, herbs, runes, armour, arrows, tools and what have you. More sought after items are also sold directly to other players which further adds to the economy. The economy is a cycle. However, the main practice here is to escape this cycle and make the money for yourself. Again, it all gets down to the raw materials.

The method explained here is an ideal one. Cut the wood, pick the flax, spin the strings, fletch the bows, mine the rune essence, craft the natures and alch the bows. This could be done with anything worth alching, such as mining coal and iron and smithing steel plates to alch. Anyway, lets pick out the raw materials here.

1.) Magic logs

2.) Flax

3.) Rune essence.

Those are made into the bows, bow strings and nature runes. It is a simple concept.

First go to your favorite woodcutting spot and cut down the trees, bank, and return until you have the desired amount of logs.

woodmo1.png

For the amount of logs that you have, pick the same amount of flax

flaxtj2.png

After that, spin the flax into strings

stringsdh4.png

Then continue to fletch all of your logs into bows (preferably longbows)

bowsvo6.png

Afterwards, string all of the bows

stringbowty6.png

Now you can alch the bows... However at this point you have no nature runes. So now, mine the rune essence.

mineesszb1.png

Once you have the same amount of essence that you do bows, its time to make the nature runes. There are several guides out there dedicated to explaining the more efficient ways of doing this, but my to me, the best method is using the fairy-ring nearby the nature alter, which is of course brings you very close to the Zanaris bank. The code for this location is CKR. Another easy method is using the Shilo Village bank. Whatever method you use, craft all of your nature runes.

natureska6.png

The final step is to alch all of the bows.

alchnn6.png

The process is now done. It obviously took a while with all of the steps, but you made a 100% profit. Remember to do each cycle in smaller quantities, say anywhere from 200 to 500 bows. This way you wont spend forever collecting your materials and making everything, instead you will be doing this cycle quicker and effectively more often for a big profit.

So chop your wood, pick your flax, spin your bow strings, fletch your logs, string your bows, mine your essence, craft your natures, alch your bows, rinse and repeat!

Benifits of this method:

1.) 100% profit made

2.) No chance to be scammed by other players

3.) No dealing with fluctuating prices on goods

4.) No dealing with finding a buyer or seller (no waiting to get on world 2! \' )

5.) Much less monotonous then working in one skill

6.) Experience gained in multipule skills

7.) A magic longbow alchs for 1.5k, sells to players for 1.3k, and the log can be sold for only 1k. This means alching would make you more money. The difference is made up by the nature rune, but then again, you can make those. :P

picture7eo0.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide, it certainly does give pure profit. And is a "fool-proof" way to make money. But sooner or later, many people will do this, and will cause the economy to crash. But for now, it's good. I personally battlestalve through self sufficency. But the only thing is, you can't make battlestaffs:( None the less, 2.8k per staff. Great guide! =D>

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Thanks for the compliemts. ::'

I do agree with you Oleander, initialy you could make more simply woodcutting, fishing or mining. But this way can be very effective and much less monotonous when you can't find a buyer or seller. Half of the time I do this, while the other half I simple cut wood.

picture7eo0.png

good tip for those who want to be self sufficient

8/10

But most people dont want to be self sufficient for money as they make tons more with other people, imo.

You also get paid experiance in multiple skills, not just one.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I do agree with you Oleander, initialy you could make more simply woodcutting, fishing or mining. But this way can be very effective and much less monotonous when you can't find a buyer or seller. Half of the time I do this, while the other half I simple cut wood.

yea true.., but even if you are having trouble selling id still say that youd make more with people. Usually stuff will go unless your selling overpriced, or the item is not popular. After all this is an mmorpg game.

~~ Killed Jad and received fire cape at level 69.~~

yea true.., but even if you are having trouble selling id still say that youd make more with people. Usually stuff will go unless your selling overpriced, or the item is not popular. After all this is an mmorpg game.

But there is a higher percentage that people will stop buying/selling an item, than there is of Jagex nerfing High Alchemy values. It's much like gambling. Even then you have to make it sell, cheaper the price more buyers. Higher the price, less buyers.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

And actually with this method, you do make more money. A magic longbow alchs for 1.5k, sells to players for 1.3k, and the log can be sold for only 1k.

So its actually better this way.

picture7eo0.png

I know, and I'm not saying that this method should be used by everyone all the time. Im just explaining how its done, and how much more benificial it is then buying/selling and working one skill for those who have enough drive to do it this way.

But if it took THAT long I wouldnt do it. It seems much faster than simply woodcutting, fishing or mining, and even more so if you work in smaller quantities anywhere from 100 to 500 bows, as I stated in the guide. ::'

picture7eo0.png

Good guide, from the other guide i saw you do (muted) this one is better in all-around-i-ness (yes, i did make up that word just now, but hey, who cares?)

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

If you can make your own nats, then you can eliminate any collected or self-created item for pure profit, though if the item alchs lower than the markket price of the nats, then you lose money but gain magic XP compared to selling the nats and store-dumping the items.

There are possibly ways to do better, by buying in or selling out at certain points, but they usually mean a choice between cash or XP, the prime example being smelting bars (good cash, rotten XP) or smithing them (fast XP, expensive as hell).

Good point Doomster, it would be funny to see somebody buying nats and alching bronze helms. :lol:

However using this method, or anything other method which involves getting all of the materials yourself, you could afford to alch bronze helms. This is because you wouldnt technicaly be losing money, you could just be making more money instead. It's like driving a car with unlimited gas across the United States when you could have taken a free plane ticket.

Also alching something worth less than the materials would be a total waste of time in getting everything. <.<

picture7eo0.png

I believe u do need 30 mining or something like that to mine pure essence in order to craft that into natures, regular essence wont do. I wish i had the mining and fletching requirements to do it myself...

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

Well, i am currently going for 99 fletch and 44 rc (was before with the rc lvl) so i would be able to do it. Oh and could i suggest a guide like the dude on the muted post suggested this? :?:

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

little point to be made here.

mage long = 1.3k

nat = 0.3k

Mage long + nat = 1.6k

This is more than 1.5k. end of story.

Alternate Philosophy:

"Things just happen. What the hell"

obliviousvk7.png

Well, i am currently going for 99 fletch and 44 rc (was before with the rc lvl) so i would be able to do it. Oh and could i suggest a guide like the dude on the muted post suggested this? :?:

sure, suggest away. I love making interesting guide :D

picture7eo0.png

little point to be made here.

mage long = 1.3k

nat = 0.3k

Mage long + nat = 1.6k

This is more than 1.5k. end of story.

Yep, thats why buying the nats is less effective ::'

picture7eo0.png

still looking for even more suggestions for new guides I can make. :)

The more interesting the topic the better. I would like to make something on a usefull task, method or anything of that sort. I just can't get my mind to force any out at the moment. I call it guide writers block. :wall:

picture7eo0.png