Self-Sufficiency; Make an 100% Profit! (Money making)

benar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for a guide like yours, heres how I look at it.

in Fletching there are two ways to do things, 1. do it all yourself 2. pay for everything. 2 is stupid and 1 is long, well, 1 also give the most exp and profit.

To begin, for exp you can basically train about 6 different skills to a high level by only training Fletching

1. Fletching (duh)

2. Woodcutting (for bows and arrows)

3. any combat skill (killing chickens for feathers for arrows)

3.5. ranging or magic in particular (alching and/or using the arrows to preforate your foes)

5. mining (arrow head ore)

6. smithing (actually making arrowheads and smelting)

7. crafting (making bowstrings)

8. Runecrafting (making nats)

and if you alch the bows you get money, if you kill things with your arrows you get drops and thats more money! Money! bwa ha ha ha!

Actually, you can get exp. in farming if you plant your own trees.

hope this helps your guide!

Thats 8 or possibly 9+ skills you can get in fletching by just doing it all yourself!

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

How about you make a guide on how to do the fight caves with all 3 combat styles. or you could make a guide about the history of rs with the hidden updates and things. (i mean in rs, not the whole "paul bower invented this on blah blah blah....)

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

Hey this was my method for money, excellant guide, but I will have to rate 7/10, mainly due to your lack of mention of the time it takes.

Cutting 1k Magics = 8-9 Hours (Belive me....I've did it)

Picking 1k flax = 40 minutes.

Stringing Flax in Bowstrings = 80 minutes

Cutting 1k mage longs in 1k Mage longbows (u) (with stupid new string x =50 minutes)

Attcahing bowstring to mage longs (u) =before 25 minutes; now 40 minutes

Runecrafting 1k Nature Runes = (with 75 rcing and all pouches) about an hour

AND FINALLY alching 1k mage longs =100 minutes (1 hour 40 minutes)

Thats about 15 hours of playing Runescape (Mind you...I sadly use to do it, but no more \' ) doing this cycle for...wait for it...1,536,000 gp!!!!

...and you couldve just sold the mages 6 hours ago to some chump for 1.1m

It's self-sufficant but making battle staffs makes much more use of your time (B-staffs can take almost as much time, but each staff alchs for 9k+ each).

Again good guide, just thoguht I'd point out the time involve with this cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide I myself hate buying and selling and try to do it as little as possible and then usually only trade with friends. I have been playing for 3 years and have a squeaky clean record I just perfer to try and do it all by myself it give me the feeling of accomplishment. I have never been overly rich but then I have no need for cash really.

good guide, I hate being totally self-sufficient, so I ussually buy 1 of the raw materials(logs most of the time), and get the rest myself. That earns even faster money, but you have a scam risk, but I haven't been scammed for about a year now :P

Xenoxai.png

Good Guide, but being self-sufficient is not a very good idea for alching or training skills. If your alching, atleast buy material, either the bows or nats. That way ui make a profit and gain good exp. For training skills, it is ALWAYS faster to train one at a time. You dont have to run aorund as much if you train one at a time.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

• 1 month later...

It's a good guide but why not add in some more skills like mining/smithing.

You'd probably end up making more money from buying materials and getting 10% profit than getting them and making 100% because of the time issues.

But still nice guide

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

everyone kinda KNOWS this..... :roll:

enyways i prefer buying certain things and making things on my own, cuz i spend less time actually getting the materials, i feel that making 500gp netprofit is grater than 1.5 raw profit in the long run if im alching thousands and thousands of bows over a mere hundreds i can produce a day

plaxer_x.png

wii_forum2.jpg

Click here to see my goals and achievements thread

Cutting mages is awfully slow, picking flax is awfully slow (very boring and give no xp). If you want to gather your own materials, it's better to cut yews and still buy flax or Bs.

Another wrong point is; it's so obvious, everyone with half a braincel could have though of it.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Another wrong point is; it's so obvious, everyone with half a braincel could have though of it.

Sorry, but I don't quite appreciate your reply there.

First of all, there are no "wrong points" in this guide. All the facts here are not subjective, they are objective.

Second of all, the concept of my guide is obvious, but the step by step process isn't as obvious. That's why I made a guide on it. For that reason, and for the heckofit.

picture7eo0.png

little point to be made here.

mage long = 1.3k

nat = 0.3k

Mage long + nat = 1.6k

This is more than 1.5k. end of story.

Yep, thats why buying the nats is less effective ::'

No, it means if you sold the stuff you made you'd get more money, and it would be quicker.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

• 4 weeks later...

I myself liked this guide. I have been self-sufficient in many things on my own for the most part (Herblore, Firemaking, Runecrafting, just a few). On skills that I have not trained yet to a reasonable level to help with training other skills, I just buy raw materials and use them.

For instance, in fletching, I bought bowstring and yew logs. Yew logs = 300 gp each, bowstring = 200 each. I cut the logs and string the bows, and then in turn I sell the bows for 600 each. That's 100 gp profit per bow. That isn't much profit, but I do gain a TON of experience by doing all of this.

I then moved on to making Mage Longs and High-Alchemy-ing them. Mage logs = 1k each, bowstring = 200 each. I then runecrafted (or bought) nature runes for 300 each. In total, materials = 1.5k. I then cut the logs, strung the bows, and alched the bows (whenever I got bored or watching anime) and in turn I would get ~1,527 gold from each alch. That's only 27 gp profit, but in turn I get a TON of fletching AND magic experience.

The way that I train is to at least break even through all my processees, and at the same time gain a lot of experience. Your method may give 100% profit, but think about it this way:

Let's say you have 91 runecrafting and another person has 91 woodcutting. Then you have 75 woodcutting and the other person also has 75 runecrafting. You each have the ability to cut magic logs, and you each have the ability to make nature runes at the maximum capacity. Which would you do?

By doing both, you would actually LOSE money and make LESS profit than if you concentrated on one skill.

This is by no means accurate, but at level 91 runecrafting, each P.Ess for making nats = 2 nats. That's 500 gp profit per ess (considering that each P.Ess=100gp). You will then be making a LOT of natures per hour. Now lets say you at the same time want to get mage logs for making mage longs. You will actually make less profit cutting mage logs because in the time it took you to cut the same amount of nature runes you would could have made a LOT more money (and profit) through making nature runes.

Now let's flip it over to the other person. The other person cuts magic logs much faster than you would, but in turn would also make a lot less nature runes than you could. Instead, buy dividing up the jobs, each person can have maximum efficiency in what they do and make more profit than doing everything on their own.

Now, the only flaw I have in my analysis (I hope) is that some people may have BOTH skills at that level (or more). That means, their outputs of supplies are equal or around being equal. That makes each job equally efficient, which in turns makes it viable to be self-sufficient. Other factors may also include but not limited to: enjoying a skill (I hate woodcutting, so I'd never do that for very long, but I enjoy Herblore, so I enjoy killing Chaos Druids for herbs), how fast you want to level up in a skill (I don't mind spending days getting my own high lvl herbs and 2nds to make potions, but I do not like spending my time cutting yew logs and making bows, even less to pick my flax and make bowstrings).

See, in a sense, it is good to be self-sufficient and make 100% profit, but the time spending getting all those ingredients yourself may NOT be EFFICIENT. Pick your most efficient skill and use that skill to not only make training other skills easier, but also make a net profit (or break even). I feel as if I'm missing something from this post, but it's long enough as it is!