Obsidian War Spear

Doughnut

Welcome to the suggestion for Obsidian Spear!

Doughnut, member of the Tip.It community was the first to come up with this idea, if you see anyone else using it please report it to me through the forum messaging system.

~Thank you

[hide=Update entries]

-Fri Jul 20, 2007

Rough draft of the Obsidian Spear was posted, the original post can be found

[hide=Here]Looking through the game there are certain weapon classes that are rarely ever used, one of these classes is spears. The most common spear is Guthans, with dragon spear behind it. Even dragon spear isn't scene very much, only those who can't do regicide or monkey madness but want a Dragon weapon seem to have them.

.... I was going off on a tangent wasn't I? :-#

Anyway, the reason these weapons aren't used is because they suck compared to weapons of the same level. Would you rather a dragon spear or a scimitar? ;)

I'm not quite sure how to fix the lesser spears(bronze-dragon) but I can think of a new weapon.

Obtaining the Item:

--Requirements:

Fire Cape

The ability to defeat Tok-Jad or a monster of boss proportions

75 attack

70 Strength

70 Range

After defeating Tok-Jad and obtaining your fire cape you talk to the mini game npc again. This time he tells you he had found a ancient spearhead, but while he was napping Tok-Jad ate it. If you choose to go through the caves again your reward for defeating Tok-Jad will be the spearhead.

After obtaining the spearhead the mini game npc tells you to go find the master smither, as he may know what to do with this item.

So off we go finding the Smither, after talking with him a bit he reveals that this is the spearhead of a ancient weapon. First he asks you for an obsidian staff that has been treated with lava. Taking your staff you walk too the lava pit and dip it into the lava. But before you can pull it out you need gloves that can withstand the heat of lava.

So off we go, heading back to the Smither, who explains that you will need to take a total of 2,500 tokul and melt it, then smith it with the gloves to give you obsidian gloves that can withstand the lava.

Try as you might you can't smith the tokul in a normal furnace, so back we go again. The Smither tells you of a ancient furnace that uses lava as its heat, but it will cost you 4,000 tokul to enter the area. Pay the guard and melt your tokul.

Head back to the Master Smither and ask him how you smith the obsidian with a pair of gloves. The smither tells you to talk to a certain npc who will give you a glove mold for 2,000 tokul. After obtaining the mold use it with the gloves, then the melted tokul.

Gloves (o)

+5 slash defense

+5 crush defense

+5 stab defense

+5 range defense

-5 magic defense

+3 strength

(These bonuses are all added onto the bonuses the gloves already have, so barrows (o) would give +15 strength.)

Putting on your gloves you need to retrieve your obsidian staff, which should now be glowing red hot. Go back to the Smither and he will tell you to quickly attach the head while the staff is still hot.

The Smither will now tell you to place the staff in the remains of a ice monster. Fight the ice monster of your choice and the staff will now be cooled. Head back to the Smither again(boy, you have lost at least 40kg by now :o) and he'll examine the staff.

The smither will this time tell you to melt another 2,500 tokul and come back. After melting the tokul he will ask you if you know if anyone who is extremely good with rope making. You tell him you will find out and he gives you back the obsidian spear(u).

Go back to the mainland and head towards Draynor, talk to Ned and ask him if he can make an obsidian rope. He says he will try, but it will take some time.

---Come back to Ned in 15 real life minutes---

Talk to Ned again and he will give you the obsidian rope.(Free if you completed Dragon Slayer, will cost 5,000 gold if you have not) Head back to the Smither and he will ask for the spear and rope. Talk to him again and he will give you a spear with the rope attached.

Obsidian Spear:

+0 slash bonus

+86 stab bonus

+0 crush bonus

+60 Range bonus

-15 magic bonus

+76 strength bonus

Talk to the smither one last time and he will tell you of a powerful method that will unleash more damage. The spear can not be poisoned, in fact the spearhead has a special property that heals poison.

Go back to the lava pit and dip your spear into the lava, when you withdraw it the spearhead will be on fire.

Obsidian Spear(f):

+0 slash bonus

+98 stab bonus

+0 crush bonus

+75 range bonus

-20 magic bonus

+81 strength bonus

Special:

Two Thirds of the bar is used

Increase accuracy and strength for this one hit by 30%

You throw the spear through your opponent and deal 3 fire damage plus the damage you already have from the main hit. As you pull it out another 3 damage occurs on top of the main damage.

Since it can't be poisoned it is compensated by setting the person on fire from the lava, which deals 2-8 damage randomly every 20 seconds. When wearing this weapon you can wear a shield, but your accuracy is halved. Also when the spear is on fire if you do not have your gloves (o) on you will receive 5 damage every 5 seconds.

Attack styles:

Accurate - Stab

Strength - Stab

Defense - Stab

Range - Throw

When in range mode you will throw the spear at your opponent and then pull it back with the rope. Its speed is a bit slower then accurate.

Anyway, what do you think of it?[/hide]

-Monday Jul 23, 2007

Huge overhaul of the Obsidian Spear idea[/hide]

Spears:

Spears are probably one of the least used weapon classes, mainly because they offer nothing that a long sword or scimitar canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t handle. Plus the added bonus of scimitars and long swords being faster using a spear seems quite silly.

As it stands Guthans is probably the only spear in game that is actually common, a barrows weapon being the most common weapon in a class. What are the odds? Right now I am at a loss at how to buff up the spear class, but I can think of a new weapon.

This leads me to my idea. Obsidian weapons are probably the least used weapon type as well, so why not take of the the least used weapon classes and one of the least used weapon types and put them together? Well so far I like my idea, and 80%(not exact number but the easiest answer :P) of the posters to as well.

Possible Spear Stats:

Spear Stats 1:

+95 Stab bonus

+45 Crush bonus

+00 Slash bonus

+75 Range bonus

-25 Magic bonus

+95 Strength bonus

+00 Prayer bonus

Spear Stats 2:

+85 Stab bonus

+45 Crush bonus

+00 Slash bonus

+85 Range bonus

-25 Magic bonus

+85 strength bonus

+00 Prayer Bonus

---------------------

--Spear Attributes:

Basic:

Two handed: Yes

Class: Spear/Range hybrid

Damage output: High

Melee:

Speed - Average

Power - Above average

Range:

Speed: Slow

Power: Above average

Weapon Special:

Ancient Strike

Bar: 2/3rds

Stats: +30% strength and range

Explanation: The first strike is you throw the spear through your opponent dealing range damage, as you pull it out of the opponent it does strength damage.

Final Strike

Bar: Full

Stats: +45% strength -60% attack

Explanation: The Obsidian Spears ultimate power. You thrust your spear into your opponent, then pull it out quickly. If the attack lands your opponent will enter the stat hemorrhage which will cause your opponents stats and hp to drop by 1 every 5 seconds. This effect lasts for 60 seconds. This effect will also cause all of your opponents run energy to be drained.

Spear Stances:

If you noticed above the Spear has two categories and two specials. When equipped you right click your weapon and choose the option operate. It will allow you to change stances, but be warned the stance requires great energy and it can only be changed every 60 minutes of game time. Yes game time, so you have to be logged in for 60 minutes to change the stance again. Also, changing stances requires a chant that takes 10 seconds which will be interrupted when attacked.

The two stances of course are Range and Melee, I am not sure how to make the stats work though. If it has no melee stats while in range mode, and if it has not range stats in melee mode. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll decide that at a later time.

Obtaining Obsidian Spear:

Fire Cape

80 Attack

70 Strength

80 Range

40 Crafting

40 Mining

Ability to defeat a level 508 monster

Recipe for Disaster

Dragon Slayer

[hide=The Quest]

[hide=Part 1 - Vanquishing the Beast]The Quest starts at the entrance to the Fight Caves. Apparently the Guardian of the door has found a sacred artifact, but a terrible monster is blocking it. It seems to be a descendent of Tok-Jad. The Guardian lets you enter the cave and the fight against TzTok-Par begins.

[hide=TzTok-Par]

Level - 508

Hitpoints - 200

Aggressive - Yes

Retreat - No

Quest - Yes

Members - Yes

Poisonous - Yes

Gold: 4,000 Tokul

100%: Obsidian Spear Head

Weapon: TokTz-Mej-Tal(obsidian staff/1% drop rate)

Armor: -

Runes/Arrows: -

Misc: -

Examine: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅMedicÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

thats about the stupidist thing ive ever heard

Thanks. :)

Perhaps an explanation as too why its the stupidest thing you have ever heard?

"]doughnutt.jpg

True, but I wanted to add something interesting to this idea. There are so many suggestions out there where its drop only. :|

"]doughnutt.jpg

One of the biggest problems with this is the ability to have an ammo-less ranged weapon. On top of that, it can outdo even the mage bows! This would need to be modified a bit (hampered range and lowered power for throwing strikes) but otherwise is a good weapon. Higher levels would love this thing!

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

this would put a cork into those saying higher-levels dont get any updates. though the basis plot is a little.....exacturated. i think ice gloves would do just well. other than that, thats quite a good plot you've pulled together. =D>

Popoto.~<3

In all my time I haven't heard a single update suggestion for better obsidian weapons. :?

If you can link me too five posts in the past month about obsidian weapons then I'll eat my own words.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Its a good idea (i have beat regcied so i dont have to wory about this...) the spear is not used as much as a weapon. You only see the guthan warspear... and u rarley see dragon spears. I think this could work... but more work has to be put in to make it better.

-Support-

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

My reasons for not answering some of the questions is because I'm still thinking of how to fix them. :P

Expect an update in a little while.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Hmm... The idea is good but come on, 8.5k TokKul for a pair of gloves?!

Things in life are rarely cheap.. Or easy, for that matter. Why should Jagex make the game stupidly easy, as many people that have posted seem to think they should?

I think it's a fine idea. So what if the spear out does the bow? :roll: No one said that a certain weapon has to always be on top.. Get a grip of yourself, and stop your moaning. <.<

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

+1

whats next obsibian armor.. bra's.. panties? quit coming up with more dragon and obby weps. pretty soon i heard were gonna have obby cannons(sarcasm)

Obby cannons eh?

*runs of to the suggestions forum*

newblogkw4.png

Obby drops: Cape (2) sword (1) maul (1)

Dragon drops: Med helm (1)

abby whip is better and easier to get

doesn't seem like a very good idea, unless the power of the spear is brought way up, or the requirments are brought way down

Yeah, they should have made Dark Bow +200 range for that reason too right? Fully Charged crystal bow is better and easier to get then dark bow so dark bow was a stupid idea.

:roll:

"]doughnutt.jpg

Really? I think it sounds cool.

How about another special is you can throw the spear at your opponent and it will hook around him and you can grab the other side. You can use the rope attached to yank your oppopnent close to you and jam the spear into them inflicting a good amount of damage and the hit can never miss.

How about when you use it with the Toktz-ket-xil, it will not reduce the accuracy when equipped as opposed to using a rune kiteshield. The [bleep]es on the Toktz-ket-xil will help the spear thrust me more accurate. Also if you have the Obsidian cape it upgrades your accuracy with the spear.

tfssig.png

+1

whats next obsibian armor.. bra's.. panties? quit coming up with more dragon and obby weps. pretty soon i heard were gonna have obby cannons(sarcasm)

I really wouldnt mind seeing bra's + panties... \'

On topic: Its a good idea but its a little much to get a weapon that could easily be replaced by simply doing monkey madness.

Pasty.png

I like the idea, and I never like item ideas...

Your stats are off for a spear though, these are what it should look like for your (f) one (if it was to follow suit of the rest of the spears):

Attack

+98 slash bonus

+98 stab bonus

+98 crush bonus

+75 range bonus

+00 magic bonus

Defence

+9 slash bonus

+9 stab bonus

+9 crush bonus

+7 range bonus

+0 magic bonus

Other

+81 strength bonus

+00 Prayer bonus

Also I think that a close range, range weapon would be nice, maybe with a 1-2 square area that you can throw it (no more).

And its also only 6 points better then the magic short, so no real problem there.

P.S. I'd stick with ice gloves like everybody else says.

Update!

"]doughnutt.jpg

doesn't seem like a very good idea, unless the power of the spear is brought way up, or the requirments are brought way down

Yeah, they should have made Dark Bow +200 range for that reason too right? Fully Charged crystal bow is better and easier to get then dark bow so dark bow was a stupid idea.

i think it was made for pures mostly, and the 2 arrows at a time novelty

F2PBlackWhite-H3%20all%20the%20way-Gibsocam.gif

clansiggywo2.png

i think it was made for pures mostly, and the 2 arrows at a time novelty

So you disagree just because abysal whip is easier get? :wall:

"]doughnutt.jpg

Not a bad idea but i wouldnt use it

Thank you. :)

And a note to all future flamers, its just an idea. The chances of this ever being implemented is 0.001%. Look at Thagern's bank idea if you don't believe me, he has the best idea on the forums and its been around for over a year. Yet it has not been implemented currently.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Another one of the main reasons spears aren't used is becaused they can only use controlled so they are terrible for training with

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"