Empire - Christaphor Paulini: Predictions

WonkaHead

Well, as we all know, the 3rd of the Eragon series is still not out, but its supposed to come out eventually, this year, next year, or the year after that (my bets on next year). Anybody have any predictions on whats gonna happen between Eragon and Galbarotrix?

aV1I0ekJ.jpg

Funny that, I just watched the Eragon movie today.

God damn it ripped the book to shreds in its [developmentally delayed]ant attempts to do it justice.

Horrific. *shudders*

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Well, seeing as the first 2 books are almost clones of Star Wars, I'm guessing that the third one will be... a clone of Star Wars? \'

Seriously, read the books, and everywhere it says 'Eragon', replace it either Han or Luke (they share the role :P), replace Arya with Leia, Brom with Obi-Wan, whatever-the-name-of-Eragon's-elf-mentor-is with Yoda (who I expect will die before or at the same time Eragon comes to finish his training), dragon rider with Jedi, Murtagh with Anakin/Vader, Galbarotrix with Palpatine, the Vardan with the rebel alliance... the list goes on... and enjoy Star Wars in its new Lord of the Rings setting.

But of course, everyone loves Star Wars, so everyone loves these books too <3:

Well, seeing as the first 2 books are almost clones of Star Wars, I'm guessing that the third one will be... a clone of Star Wars? \'

Seriously, read the books, and everywhere it says 'Eragon', replace it either Han or Luke (they share the role :P), replace Arya with Leia, Brom with Obi-Wan, whatever-the-name-of-Eragon's-elf-mentor-is with Yoda (who I expect will die before or at the same time Eragon comes to finish his training), dragon rider with Jedi, Murtagh with Anakin/Vader, Galbarotrix with Palpatine, the Vardan with the rebel alliance... the list goes on... and enjoy Star Wars in its new Lord of the Rings setting.

there are a ton a similarities in every book now , it can't be avoided since everything has already been done :XD:

Don't Click This

ironmfmcape,dominator428.gif

774th to 99 hunting on July 16th 2007

I predict that the third book will not be the last, and it in no way will completely resolve the story. The trilogy of Eragon books is named the Inheritance Trilogy, and because it is not named the Eragon Trilogy, I suspect that Paulini will write multiple trilogies. Who knows if he story line will ever end?

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

Eragon fights the Ra'zac with Roran and defeats them. He goes back to the elves and learns what is making Gallbatorix so strong. Eragon and someone infiltrate his palace and steal the last egg and it hatches for either Arya or Roran. Eragon defeats Gallbatorix because he is the main protagonist, which makes him unkillable until he defeats the main antagonist, Gallbatorix. Then Eragon and Arya get married and sail off to search for a new land for the dragons, and Roran stays to become king.

mysig31ha.png

i read the first book thinking 'yay, another cool medieval fantasy!'

i read the second book thinking 'wow, this kid is way too hyped for his job of ripping star wars and placing it in a medieval context'

and im not reading the third.

recently i read the golden compass, its way better, though a bit bizarre, but then, what do you expect from medieval fantasy? ::'

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I like them kind of, but they are very similar to Star Wars...

I always seem to forget everything in them, since they take so long to come, out and before I buy the 3rd one I will have to re-read the 2nd, and re-re-read the first (re-read before reading the 2nd)

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Well, I like these books but not a whole lot, they're too much like Star Wars in Middle Earth...

But anyways, I think that Morzan will end up not being Eragon's father, and that the last egg will hatch and Sapphira will fall in love with him, but I don't know who the egg will hatch to (just please not Arya please not Arya please not Arya :wall: )

Black, Red, and White

I'm a DeKk3rite!

I think that Morzan will end up not being Eragon's father

Murtage or whatever he is called told Eragon that Morzan was their father in the ancient language, so I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

Ah. Yes, Murtagh did say that. However, that doesn't mean it's true. It only means that Murtagh believes, 100%, that it is true. It doesn't make it true. As long as Murtagh believes completely that it is true, then he could say it in the ancient langugae.

The reason I think it could maybe be this is Blagden's riddle -

(forgive me if the wording is not exact, I'm going by memory. I think I've got the idea though)

While two may share two,

And one of two is certainly one,

One might be two.

And translation -

While two may share two, (While two brothers may share two parents)

And one of two is certainly one, (they most definately share one parent, Selena)

One might be two. (what seems like one parent might actually be two different fathers)

Hope that makes sense... :ohnoes:

Black, Red, and White

I'm a DeKk3rite!

I agree, and either everyone else does or they noticed it for themselves.

I realized the similarities the first time when i saw an episode of X-PLAY, on G4, when they rated the Eragon videogame. It was funny when i saw the star wars in it the first time.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

recently i read the golden compass, its way better, though a bit bizarre, but then, what do you expect from medieval fantasy? ::'

Finish the trilogy, it is amazing. The last one still holds it's place as the best book I have ever read. I mark finishing it as the point in time when I started maturing.

Back on the topic of the third Inheritence book, I feel it is quite obvious Eragon inherits something. To start off, I will lay a theory from http://www.shurtugal.com. Brom turns out to be Eragon's father (or if this truly follows the Star Wars story line, Galbatorix is). This means that Eragon inherits two things from Brom. The first is being a Rider. Although there is no mention I can remember of someone inhertiting the ability of a Rider (More just having a dragon hatching for him/her), there is neither anything to put it down. Then Eragon's Saphira inherits her name from Brom's Saphira. To interject; does Eragon now show an contempt toward Murtagh? If so then he inherits his contempt/hate for Morzan's bloodline from Brom. Eragon inherits Morzan's sword as well from Brom, Murtagh taking the sword to claim his inheritence from Morzan. Murtagh inherits Morzan's betrayal of Brom's bloodline. The thing that this all relies on is Brom being Eragon's father, which people may say is disproved by the prediction of Eragon being betrayed by someone in his family. Murtagh is in Eragon's family regardless, since they share the same mother. Basically, it is better to read the theories on Shurtugal.com, simply because they likely researched into this, and I know it is much clearer. I pretty much just input my thoughts and removed stuff.

I can wait for the last book, but now long.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.