Different storage room - save some items from hackers.

In your house you should be able to store some items to, not to preserve bank space, but to save your items from a hacker. There should be a gate or a magic barrier that requires a separate code (identical to the bank pin but customizable to a different number), and you could store different items in here.

The building of the room itself should only take 1 construction so that every player can take advantage of the safety. Of course higher leveled construction people could make better looking things and store more items.

Iron Gate, Steel Gate, Magic Barrier - Requires a clicked code to pass through.

Oak, Teak, Mahogany, Gilded Armor Rack - Stores any one piece (for each) of armor that takes place of the chest, legs and shield.

Oak, Teak, Mahogany, Gilded Weapons Rack - Stores any two weapons of any kind.

Oak, Teak, Mahogany, Gilded Hat Rack - Stores any three pieces of armor/rares that take place on the head.

Oak, Teak, Mahogany, Gilded, Magic treasure chest - Stores up to (in order) 1, 5, 10, 20, 30 million gold pieces (as a higher level construction person would obviously have more money).

After getting hacked you would have enough to get yourself back on your feet if you took advantage of this useful room.

Tell me what you think.

-Supporters-

Me

O_M_G_Guasto.png

OK, but guess what... Key loggers will still bypass this.... just another code that they can easily enter and an inconvenience for you because you'd have to put stuff in 2 different places.... sorry. bad idea

richy27nw8ev.gif

recovery-1.png

Why armour? We should have something like a safe to store RARES & CASH ONLY

You can store any very valuable rare on the hat rack. Armor allows you to defend yourself better from monsters, stay at said monsters for a long time, get a good drop, sell it, have money again.

OK, but guess what... Key loggers will still bypass this.... just another code that they can easily enter and an inconvenience for you because you'd have to put stuff in 2 different places.... sorry. bad idea

Key loggers cannot sense where you click and if they could every time you click the screen resets the numbers change spots and positions.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

Well if thats so.... how do people with bank pins get hacked by key loggers??

it is because bank pins can be deactivated after 3/7 days depending on what the player sets it as. The hacker just waited an age to get to it.

77 / 94 / 99 str

Rougeleada.png

Hitlist::..

Boy Gorila18, combat level 113. Ran off with my stuff when i died training.

Never naming any names but I have a friend who made a program in which it was a keylogger but it was also a type of adware/spyware which in essence sent a print screen image every second back to a secure hard drive in my friends comp.

He was able to keylog passwords and get peoples pins thru the images (but some of you are probably thinking... your mouse doesnt show up on a print screen) well look.

st.png

Dont forget what I said... it takes a full screen shot every second! so it easily see's the full keypad and the number you hit.

So sorry, programs like this exist and I dont think his idea is good at all... it would be nothing but trouble for people to put items in 2 different places.... especially if they want to use them.

richy27nw8ev.gif

recovery-1.png

You can store any very valuable rare on the hat rack. Armor allows you to defend yourself better from monsters, stay at said monsters for a long time, get a good drop, sell it, have money again.

Key loggers cannot sense where you click and if they could every time you click the screen resets the numbers change spots and positions.

they can sense. the moment you click data is sent to the ard-drive, the logger intercepts tis, takes a screenshot when Runescape[Caution: Executable File] is running and as the number is missing. easy guess what it was. plus they are timed and dated so they know the order. computers have advanced.

Popoto.~<3

the only way to get a bank pin is to guess it. Key logger record what you type, not a picture of the screen.

unless you are letting a cheater look over your shoulder your banked items will be safe

F2PBlackWhite-H3%20all%20the%20way-Gibsocam.gif

clansiggywo2.png

Dont forget what I said... it takes a full screen shot every second! so it easily see's the full keypad and the number you hit.

wouldn't something taking a screenshot every second cause a hell of a lot of lag which may make people realise there is something that shouldn't be there on their computer

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

ok well u start out saying that its not about saving bank space...

In your house you should be able to store some items to, not to preserve bank space, but to save your items from a hacker.

Of course higher leveled construction people could make better looking things and store more items.

but then u say ppl with higher lv con could make things with more storage. it kinda sounded like that might be another bank.

BUT a suggestion, would be that for every item you have in your house, takes a space away from your bank until you take that item out.

(multiply stackable items count as one space)

just a thought.

zachhockey2.png

64.png

Zachhockey2.png

Zachhockey2

ok well u start out saying that its not about saving bank space...

In your house you should be able to store some items to, not to preserve bank space, but to save your items from a hacker.

Of course higher leveled construction people could make better looking things and store more items.

but then u say ppl with higher lv con could make things with more storage. it kinda sounded like that might be another bank.

BUT a suggestion, would be that for every item you have in your house, takes a space away from your bank until you take that item out.

(multiply stackable items count as one space)

just a thought.

Gold is the only thing that it lets you store more of depending on your construction level. It only takes up one space regardless of the amount.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

If you stored something like a rare in their, and never used it again, then got a keylogger 6 months later, they woudln't know the code because you had never entered it while you had the keylogger.

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster

=D> Even if there are still ways for hackers to get around this, i still think it's a cool idea......

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Well if thats so.... how do people with bank pins get hacked by key loggers??

Or its because they make an obivous number their pin, like 1234 or something. <.<

Pasty.png

they can sense. the moment you click data is sent to the ard-drive, the logger intercepts tis, takes a screenshot when Runescape[Caution] is running and as the number is missing. easy guess what it was. plus they are timed and dated so they know the order. computers have advanced.

He's right, I've heard stories of this happening to people even when they had bank pins. I think Jagex could go a long way to delaying hackers though if they changed it so that all the numbers dissappeared when your mouse hover overs one. This would be different from how it is now which is that only the number you are over dissappers.

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster