Newest Pixel sig.

Guest I_Pirate

Actually we do have that right actually. As long as the insults are within reason. See I can do a complete sig and I have actually. So when you can even produce lineart close to something like mine and get out of pamper diapers then come and show us. Till then don't copy/trace do whatever you doing cause it looks like total and utter crap.

I can clearly see that you've choosen a name that fits you more than well, you selfgood bully! Just because you paint good there's no reason to act like a wagon towards everyone that posts something they did and are proud of. There's a line between feedback and insult that you've crossed.

Orangutangen.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually we do have that right actually. As long as the insults are within reason. See I can do a complete sig and I have actually. So when you can even produce lineart close to something like mine and get out of pamper diapers then come and show us. Till then don't copy/trace do whatever you doing cause it looks like total and utter crap.

I can clearly see that you've choosen a name that fits you more than well, you selfgood bully! Just because you paint good there's no reason to act like a wagon towards everyone that posts something they did and are proud of. There's a line between feedback and insult that you've crossed.

You do realize how unintelligent you sound? My name has no reflection on who I am in real life. If I give off some kind of persona that I'm a wagon, well I'm sorry. But if something doesn't look good it doesn't look good. Keiphus brought something to light for me. Art can suck.

Pirate, just take a big piece of humble pie and stop flaming everybody who comments on your work just because it may not be positive.

It's obvious the majority of the media board don't like your sigs because they are so much like the jagex style, rather than seeing things in your own way and drawing them in your own form. Try drawing things from memory rather than looking at a picture while you draw them, then you will find your own creativity.

Guest I_Pirate
Pirate, just take a big piece of humble pie and stop flaming everybody who comments on your work just because it may not be positive.

It's obvious the majority of the media board don't like your sigs because they are so much like the jagex style, rather than seeing things in your own way and drawing them in your own form. Try drawing things from memory rather than looking at a picture while you draw them, then you will find your own creativity.

Yes i understand that i should have my own style for you guys to like it. But i dont know what you meen by flaming all i was doing was saying the truth that i did not trace. Indeed i copied runescapes style and used reference pictures but didnt trace and really i never flamed.

Yes i understand that i should have my own style for you guys to like it. But i dont know what you meen by flaming all i was doing was saying the truth that i did not trace. Indeed i copied runescapes style and used reference pictures but didnt trace and really i never flamed.

this is quite true. He was simply defending himself. He is still better than 2/3's of the pixel artists here (granted, in most cases that isn't saying much). He admitted following the reference, which is no crime. And Ran, you too were criticized for OVERUSING the same cartoony style all the time. I don't mind, it is your style. I thought they looked nice, and you seemed to sell a lot of sigs. But you should know how it feels to be criticized over style. No one likes to be beaten into the ground over it.

Teenageloser, you don't need keiphus to make breakthrough realizations such as...art can suck. I think we all know art can suck. What I think you mean is you learned from Keiphus that you can TELL people that THEIR art sucks. Yes, of course, you can. But you might think over how you do it so that you encourage rather than crush them.

Just lay off the guy. He got the message.

Now as for pixel sigs being harder than brushed sigs. That all depends on the brushed sig. Both have their strengths.

Brushed sigs have their strength is the flexibility of their shading. You can make photorealistic brushed sigs (er why would you bother, but you can), with a compelling depth and realism.

Pixel sigs are more detailed, cramming for info into a smaller space, since complex shading and nuance are not the focus.

Great pixel sigs and great brushed sigs both take time and portray something convincingly. I prefer brushed ones because I like a more convincing, less cartoony image. Not to mention, once you learn how to paint, you can do larger works, which are more satisfying to me. And the I can always reduce them to sigs.

The only frustration I have with brushed sigs is that you cannot fit in as many elements, since each one takes more space to portray with its more subtle, nuanced shading. Pixel sigs are fabulous for being able to portray whole scenes in a small space. Which is why in general, i don't really make sigs my focus anymore. I just paint.

Guest FunkyJunk9000

i think its really cool, it could sell for big bucks....

none the less it looks traced.

and for every one who is saying that its wrong for him to defend his art work. to bad. he is aloght better than me and most then any one will ever be.

but if you did trace that i pity you... other ways i worship you lol

Guest FunkyJunk9000

sorry for double posting but you should ask a mod to look after this post, and to also clean in from flame and spam.

i did indeed get quite alot of abuse for overusing that style, but it was my own. what i'm getting at is to improve you should not use the rs graphics for reference, and try to draw from memory so it's more yours. The more sigs you do, the more you will appreciate originality, i realised the error of my ways and now each of my sigs is totally different

Agreed yours are now different. And I don't dispute your main point. I just want him to have time to "learn the error of his ways" without being so bashed that he gives up.

If he has the talent to eyeball draw those in that fasion, then he has the talent to draw his own. He just needs the encouragement to do so. But if people flame him mercilessly, he won't get that encouragement.

We have few enough people who can actually draw around here without running off the ones we do have.

All of you "pros" (lmao) should just shutup. I may not be able to do pixel sigs, but I can tell you to shutup. Why did you flame HIM like that. Just because you, the almighty tip.it forum sig people don't like it, doesn't mean crap. I don't like stuff like Mona Lisa, but a lot of people do. Maybe he likes that style? Who are you to judge. Either way, he has more talent than a lot of people. I hate people like you, mainly because you flamed him over something so trivial.

What I'm saying is, if a REAL artist was to come here, they would criticize you also. You can say he sucks all you want, but remember, there is always somebody better than you. Teenageloser, your name does say a lot and it describes you perfectly. All of you may think your uber special because you have thousands of posts and have, at best, decent artwork. I know your maturity level will not allow you to comprehend my post, so your going to say the same thing you said about the other guy.

You do realize how unintelligent you sound? My name has no reflection on who I am in real life. If I give off some kind of persona that I'm a wagon, well I'm sorry. But if something doesn't look good it doesn't look good. Keiphus brought something to light for me. Art can suck.

I bid thee farewell, and may you not be an ignorant flamer anymore...

Guest I_Pirate
All of you "pros" (lmao) should just shutup. I may not be able to do pixel sigs, but I can tell you to shutup. Why did you flame HIM like that. Just because you, the almighty tip.it forum sig people don't like it, doesn't mean crap. I don't like stuff like Mona Lisa, but a lot of people do. Maybe he likes that style? Who are you to judge. Either way, he has more talent than a lot of people. I hate people like you, mainly because you flamed him over something so trivial.

What I'm saying is, if a REAL artist was to come here, they would criticize you also. You can say he sucks all you want, but remember, there is always somebody better than you. Teenageloser, your name does say a lot and it describes you perfectly. All of you may think your uber special because you have thousands of posts and have, at best, decent artwork. I know your maturity level will not allow you to comprehend my post, so your going to say the same thing you said about the other guy.

I would have to agree with what yELLOthar has said here. After twice posting my sigs and getting wrongly accused of tracing and getting put down alot i really had a bad image of tip.it and have never found a home here. But thanks for all the kind comments and actual cunstructive critism from the few kind members.

And yea i do post very often at another forum and almost 90% there love the sigs i make and never put them down in the way you guys have. Many of you just coming across as rude. So like stated no one will have a sig that everyone likes and if you happen to be a person that doesnt like it please dont be as harsh. Well thanks again for those that supported me in this tuff time of stating my case here at the hostile tip it forums. :?

No my name doesn't say a lot about me. Do you attend college on the side, go to high school, work a job, run track, workout, write for a local paper? If so good job your like me, I find time on the side to do this. I have a lot more on my plate then a lot of you here so by the fact that I'm involved in other things make me a loser ok, by all means. But when your only 16 making 18 dollars an hour, so you can afford to move to England, then talk. So till you know me, don't judge me. And ignorance? If you find what I say ignorant don't reply cause I probably already know that.

Also you sound far more ignorant telling everyone to shut up when you quite honestly barely know anyone here. A lot of us are friends, and I doubt you'll break that friendship, so join it. And hate? Such a strong word for someone with a concious as weak as yours.

Give the guy a break. For God's Sake! He isn't flaming you all, you started with giving him negative comment with the very first reply. No words of what to improve and what looks good, just "eew that looks traced", "you traced" and so forth. His only option was defense. And what you people were doing wasn't giving negative constructive criticism, you were just telling him he traced and therefore his work sucked. It's sad; you feel all so elite because you can make a pixel sig, and then when somebody else does something you don't like you just bash him into the ground, and start with the accusations which you don't even know if they are true, instead of helping him.

I like your signature Pirate.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Well its not plagiarism... he did make more than enough effort to put them together. Traced or not.

It looks pretty good too. He knows what hes doing.

I trust him enough to buy from him if he was selling, or if I wasnt tied up at the moment...

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

So, whats your Definition of a real artist? I'm currious on that.

I'm not going to get into flaming you, because trust me, i could do a few paragraphs showing how uninteligent you sound, but i won't.